A
Why didn't they follow him to CESA???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or was that even considered by the team and parents?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Chico: I don't know a thing about timing of offers and such. I do know that a coach that happened to be the DOC quit coaching a team of young girls for "personal reasons." In a short matter of time those "personal reasons" must have been resolved, because there was an announcement that the same coach was heading up a Cola. extension of CESA. I guess the only appology should be from that coach to the team he left hanging.

What I would really like to know is what happened to the Cola. extension of CESA? All reference to it has been removed from the CESA webite.

I only want to know because I would like to have CESA in Cola. as an option for my child. The proposed "merger" of CSC/NECSA does not really appeal to me. I don't think either club has given their developmental programs a chance to take them to where they want to go. I believe this is the first or second year of that program for both. I see a merger as two leaky boats tying themselves to each other only to go down together.....just my opinion.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
greenacres: I actually did hear first-hand that when the CSC DOC left CSC that there was no offer to him, and no discussion of an offer to him, from CESA.

What Chico????? Now I'm really confused. You say CESA did not offer Eddie Crosby a position, and yet the CESA press release states ...

For immediate release 11/14/05

Carolina Elite Soccer Academy (CESA) announced that they will establish a program in the Columbia area beginning in the spring of 2006. Jim Heilich, who has been a CESA staff member since the club’s inception and former Columbia Soccer Club Director Eddie Crosby will help to implement this new program. Chris Christian, who led the Columbia Soccer Club Under 13 Boys to the Challenge Cup State Championship last season, will also join Heilich and Crosby as a member of the CESA staff. CESA has offered training in the Columbia area over the past year and is now committed to forming recreation, academy and select teams based in Columbia.

Help me understand your post.

S
coach
coach
S
Shrink Rap: Here's a clue. When did the CSC DOC resign? Here's a bigger clue. Why did the CSC DOC resign?

Answer #1: I was told that there was no offer or even discussion of his joining CESA before he resigned.

Answer #2: It had nothing to do with CESA.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Good advice, seek the contact page. This stuff is just going to be rehashed until facts are either brought to light, or they are nullified.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
What is the big deal about this? Was there an offer before he resigned, there was no offer before he resigned. He needs to apologize, he doesn't need to apologize. Look folks what it boils down to is he did what he believes was best for himself. One thing is pretty obvious - he was not happy where he was or he would still be there. Would you stay employed at a place if you were not happy? It's a rough world out there. This type of stuff happens everyday out there in the old world of business. Feathers and feelings will get ruffled. Shame on CSC if they did not have some sort of contractual agreement with him. Dot your i's and cross your t's (CYA). Hillcrest High School's AD/Head football coach just resigned earlier this week effective immediately. He didn't call my son (who is a senior this year) and apolgize to him (not that I would want him to anyway) I didn't hear of anyone say they received an apology for him resigning. I just don't see what the big ordeal is with this. Move forward and learn from this and concentrate on your merger with NECSA.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Shrink

I guess you still have not caught the big one yet uh? Eddie resigned, CESA offered him a position. why is that not clear? In regards to the girls, why did Eddie feel a need to resign? Obviously he still wanted to be involved in the game by his decision to join CESA. I think as Chico stated, you need to ask your board, which has been horrible over the years, as to why Eddie resigned.

As opposed to a merger, Eddie has been talking with different clubs for 2 years now as to a merger in the columbia area. Just ask Striker2004, he can fill you in on columbia mergers.

Goal
Goal
From what I've read, Striker may be better served 'shelving books'. [Wink]

C
goal
goal
C
"Shame on CSC if they did not have some sort of contractual agreement with him."

Darn. I need to talk to my organization about signing me for a contract. I must be in the minority on contract signing.

I agree with GFCPOP21. What is done is done. Clubs are moving forward. I believe this will be good for Columbia soccer once things get hashed out in the next 4-5 months.

I suspect CESA found finding fields in Columbia a lot harder than in the upstate. County run fields do not like to share with the clubs and want exclusion rights to the fields for their rec programs. A lot of the county programs make money from the rec programs and do not want to see that revenue stream disappear. A lot of clubs in Columbia has disappeared because of this problem. Chapin Soccer Assoc., PGSA, and Carolina FC to name a few have died because of this exact problem.

I know for a fact that someone promised CESA some fields in Chapin. I knew that someone was making promises that they couldn't keep because Chapin protects those fields like it was their baby and their was no way they would allow any club team including CSC to use those fields except for a 1-2 day type event. Even then the first drop of rain and the fields will close.

***But this is all just my speculation on the subject and may have no bearing on CESA.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard