Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I got this from the CESA website, but it still doesn't state if CESA will field "Columbia" teams in the future.

2006 CESA Greenville and Columbia Spring Training

CESA will again offer its spring training in Greenville and Columbia beginning the week of February 6, 2006. Greenville-based spring training will take place on Wednesday nights at 7:00PM at CESA's Wenwood facility. Columbia-based spring training will take place on Monday nights at 7:00PM at Boundary Park in Chapin. Greenville-based training will be led by Andrew Hyslop and the CESA staff; Columbia-based training will be led by Jim Heilich and the CESA staff.

This training is offered free of charge. All players are invited to attend. Players participating in CAP are strongly encouraged to make use of these training sessions. For more information on CAP, please see this link.

For additional information, please contact Andrew Hyslop (e-mail: Andrew@CarolinaEliteSC.com).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think you're going to get answers. NECSA has filed a complaint trying to lobby the SCYSA to disallow CESA being in Columbia saying its against SCYSA bylaws. Read the bylaws and couldn't see where it said anything about that, but I'm not a lawyer (NECSA president is), I think lawyers can get anything to say anything.

It's all about the kids, right?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Why would you not want Cesa in the Columbia area?
It gives your kids another choice as to where to play and competiton with other clubs will only make everyone better.If Walmart is the only shop in town,then why would they have to work at being the best.I think when you have choices it can only make the product better.I can only hope that someday Cesa will consider opening shop here in the lowcountry so my kids will have another choice and it will make every club down here step up to the plate to keep what they have

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Point taken....I just like the idea of choice..With the prices we pay now for competitive soccer and I have a daughter playing.It just seems like our choices are limited.Due to the numbers of girls and the emphasis put on girls programs

corner kick
corner kick
Choices?

How many do you need?

CSC, NECSA, CRSA, LCSC then add in the YMCA's and ICRC

What good will CESA coming into Cola do? It would do a good job of of spreading out the players and coaches even more. As was pointed out there is already a numbers problem in Cola so lets take 2 or 3 kids from each age group at each existing club to make a new club in Cola...hey thats smart!

So someone tell me why I would want CESA to come to Cola? we already have TOO MANY CHOICES, we already have some outstanding programs, we already have outstanding coaches!

If you REALLY want to play for CESA take your happy butt to Greenville.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If you have an outstanding program and outstanding coaches then you have what you need and consider yourself lucky.If the parents and players are happy with their programs and coaches then Cesa will cease to exist in the cola area.If Cesa does set up shop in your area and is successful in forming teams then not everyone is content with their choices.Just the thought of Cesa coming to the cola area has already brought two programs together.I am not saying Cesa is the answer for everything.Would CSC and NECSA considered a merger if Cesa was not coming to Cola?I think people have more of a problem with the word CESA than with another club in your backyard

corner kick
corner kick
I would like you to show me 1 kid that decided on their own that the club they play for is not giving them what they want or need...the kids get it from their parents.
It's the parents that think little johnnie or suzie are superstars and need to be playing years ahead of their age for the team that won the last state championship... kids are just out there to have fun...and if their not having fun then the parents need to step back and ask themselves "What am I doing?"...Not saying "we need another club"

I'm with you on the CSC/NECSA merger..probably wouldn't happen without the CESA anouncement.
Personally I think the merger is one of the best things that could happen for soccer in the Cola area. Now, if they can just make it happen.

S
goal
goal
S
I found this announcement on the CESA website today! The saga continues..........

CESA and CRSA Form Exclusive Partnership

CESA (Carolina Elite Soccer Academy) and CRSA (Congaree Rapid Soccer Association) today announced the formation of an exclusive partnership in which both soccer clubs will work together to increase opportunities for Columbia-area youth soccer players. The two clubs will share resources, professional expertise, tactics, and strategies for increasing the penetration of soccer in underserved and urban markets while maintaining an overall focus on improving soccer opportunities for all players.

CRSA has consistently demonstrated that it is one of the best soccer clubs in the state in terms of both player development and in reaching out to kids that might not otherwise have a chance to play soccer.

“CESA has had enormous success since its inception; not just in terms of state championships but in terms of innovative programs aimed at increasing the level of services it offers to South Carolina youth soccer players,” said Kevin Heise, director of coaches at CRSA. “We’re pleased to be working closely with them to continue increasing the level of services to players and to get new players involved in soccer as well,” Heise added.

CESA and CRSA are programs with a proven commitment to youth soccer. This exclusive partnership will enhance the level of service that each club can provide and will give families access to the necessary tools needed to help players reach their potential.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I agree with you completely about parents...We are the ones that created this monster.When my kids started six years ago there were no training fees.The soccer professionals saw the gleam in the parent's eye and look what we have today and who knows where it will end.Parent's decide where their kids will play...no doubt unless little Johnnie can find an income.There is quite a contrast from boys to girls.My daughter did choose to play where the girls are instead of the elite program.Boys,I believe have more choices due to numbers.But if the kids are not happy they will quit sooner or later.To be honest..alot of the kids on elite teams are athletes..not soccer players.They are just bigger or stronger..maybe meaner.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
And the saga continues.....It's like a soap oprea that you can't stop watching

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard