Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Sons a Player -- That was posted on this Message Board at 2:13 p.m., as well.

It is also mentioned at the CRSA website.

S
goal
goal
S
Sorry, I must have missed it in my jubilation over finding such breaking news. I think it is great and believe that the NECSA board never saw it coming! The face of soccer in the Cola. area has certainly changed quickly in the last six months. The increased competition will only bring about quality for our kids. Nobody likes a monopoly except Milton Bradley [Smile]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by SoccerPOP9194:
Choices?

How many do you need?

One would be fine if it were a decent choice.

You can get on here and spout all day long about how your neighbords shouldn't want another club but in the end its your neighbor's choice. What you want to do is to remove chocie from your neightbor. That's bullsh*t. Forcing your neighbors kid to play on the club you want versus the club they want is just wrong whether you do it or NCESA does it.

It'd be great if NECSA and CSC were out there figuring out how to do things better than everyone instead of figuring out how to keep other clubs from competing with them. Its the mark of a loser when you don't even want to compete. Great message for kids, huh?

By the way, rumor is that many of the CSC coaches have resigned rather than go with the new club. Heard of 4 by name. Where do you think their going. Probably clearer after the announcement today, huh?

C
goal
goal
C
Wow. 3 days and 2 posts on the message boards and you have already taken a shot at NECSA twice and CSC once. That has to get you into some kind of record book.

I know of 4 coaches that have resigned from CSC in the last 2 months but 3 of them where very close friends of Eddie and left with him and the last one wanted a break from the drama of it all. None of them resigned just because of the merger or else you would have had a lot of coaches leaving at NECSA and I don't know of any coaches that have left from NECSA. Turn over is always a problem at any organiztion. I know several coaches left CESA last season and other clubs throughout the state.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I know that NECSA has lost at least one coach U-14 girls. I think that it was because she coaches a high school team and only signed on for the fall.

corner kick
corner kick
Greenacres, I think your correct...she only coaches club in the fall. Chapindad, I KNOW you are correct. Soccer-SC, get your facts together before you spout off.

Personaly, I hope the coaches that left CSC do start coaching somewhere else in the Cola area. Everyone of them is an outstanding coach it would be ashame for them to not be out there.

Let me make this very clear I AM NOT ANTI CESA. I think they have done great things in the upstate.

The point I was making is that there are currently 10 different programs in Cola...What good will one more do? We don't have enough players to support the 10 programs we have! If you really think CESA (or any other club)can come in and do it better or give more opportunities to more kids than the clubs that are already here, your out of your mind! If you can not find what you are looking for with the 10 programs we already have, maybe, just maybe it's you and not the programs.

Do other youth sports have this much drama?

S
coach
coach
S
SoccerPop9194: I guess I'm going to have to break in. I understand and respect your position that having more players play at fewer clubs will improve Columbia soccer. However, statistically the Columbia area is actually underserved with respect to the number of SCYSA clubs denominated by population. While I am all for the CSC/NECSA merger, it will only tend to exacerbate the statistical difference between Greenville, Charleston, and Columbia in terms of clubs denominated by population, i.e., Columbia will grow more underserved in terms of clubs denominated by population.

I have a lot of numbers that prove this, but an easier demonstration may be found in the map at this thread. While reviewing it, you might remember that Columbia as an MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) is more numerous than either Greenville or Charleston -- thus the relative fewer clubs Columbia has are not offset by a smaller population, but instead the larger population of Columbia execerbates the effect even more.

Again, let me make it clear that I believe that the Columbia soccer landscape should change and that I believe that it makes sense for CSC and NECSA to merge. But I'm pleased that in addition to that merger, that there are other things going on to change the landscape of Columbia soccer.

C
goal
goal
C
I hear that AAU baseball and Basketball is a lot worse...

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
chapindad

what 4 coaches have resigned? were their resignations immediate as was eddies? just curious

corner kick
corner kick
Chico, I agree with you 100% on the need for change in the Cola area. I too am a big fan of the CSC/NECSA merger as well as CRSA and their abilities as a developmental league. However, if you soley base your arguement on numbers you need to break them down to qualify them not just quantify. The population break down is not the same (not even close) for the Greenville, Columbia and Charleston areas. For example there are aproximately 15,000 more kids from ages 5-17 in the Greenville area (Greenville & Spartanburg counties) than in the Columbia Area (lexington & Richland counties) each with 4 SCYSA clubs that I could find. By my estimate the Charleston area should be the one with the best "choice" or worst depending on how you look at it. The socio-economic break down is almost identical to Columbia...the Charleston area has approximately 6,000 more kids (5-17) and 6 SCYSA clubs that I could find. Granted you could make the argument that you can not group Spartanburg and Greenville counties together because they are more spread out than Lexington and Richland. However, if you look past just the population numbers and get into the population breakdown by age, income, race ect...it becomes even more evident that Greenville and Spartanburg have a much more pronounced numbers advantage.

Just my research on the matter here is where the numbers came from: http://www.sciway.net/statistics/population.html

I feel for the parents involved with AAU if it's worse than soccer.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard