Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
S
Big tournament for both boys and girls sponsored by Adidas. Boys going on now from 12/27-12/30. Girls after that from 12/30-1/2. Some SC teams entered. Check out the boys Super Group: United States U17 Mens National Team, all 4 US Youth ODP U17 teams (Regions I, II, III & IV), France U17 Mens National Team, Spain U17 Mens National Team and Japan U17 Mens Natioanal Team. Our Region III ODP boys already beat the US National Team. Woo-hoo!!!

Disney Showcase Schedule and Results

corner kick
corner kick
Goodluck to all the CESA teams competeing!
I have to say that I'm a little more than disappointed that CESA is the only club reresenting SC [Confused]

C
goal
goal
C
Trying to get Parents to Commit to a Christmas Tournament when most are visiting families all over the country is a very tough thing.

J
throw in
throw in
J
DSC, York Couty and Beyond, is listed in Boys 15 COPA Bracket 4.

R
kick off
kick off
R
trying to get teams into disney when there not good enough is also very tough thing

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
DSC U-15 boys are playing. Bridge FA tried to get in but could not. Ashame since they did so well at state.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
CESA U16 Premier Boys won their first two games. Beat the Kentucky state champs 3 - 0 and TNFC 2 - 1. TNFC has a very good team...they put a lot of pressure on the defense. The Kentucky team was rather weak. Playing a team from Kansas tonight at 8:30...they have won both of their games.

CESA isn't the only SC team here...talking to some of the U15 DSC boys yesterday and I believe they tied their first game...don't know how they did in their second game.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Won their second game 2 -1 not sure who they played.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
DSC beat the Kentucky team 2 - 1 last night and Team Boca from Florida 2 - 1 today.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I see where DSC made it to the finals - way to go DSC.......

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
And I see that the CESA teams have made it to the semi finals....good luck to you to.

world cup
world cup
Tremendous win for Discoveries over Team Boca. A good friend of mine's son plays for Team Boca and they are very, very strong.

Congrats Dom & Company.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Discoveries won thier bracket. 3 - 0

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
CESA U16 lost 2 - 1 in OT to the Indy Burn. Great game played by both teams. CESA scored with under a minute to go in regulation to tied it up at 1. Indy scored with about 2 to go in the second OT and held on for the win.

DSC U15's were in their final and I believe the CESA U15's were in their final as well. Good showing by the SC teams.

Good luck to all the boys who will now be getting ready for HS season.

coach
coach
DSC won the Copa 15 Div.(the lower Div).
CESA 15 played for upper Div. Predator championship, but no result posted.
Ga. club. Concorde Fire Elite, wins top U18 Showcase Div.

F
throw in
throw in
F
Cesa 90 premier lost in pks in the finals against #3 team in the nation from california. cesa scored first in the overtime then De Anza Force 90 (i think) score with a couple minutes left in the second overtime to tie it up and go to pks. great showing by cesa 90 premier

hat-trick
hat-trick
2 players from that Concorde team are playing at South Carolina next year. Mario Burstein and Corey Lewis are both starting defenders who will impact the South Carolina team that lost defensive star Greg Reece

J
throw in
throw in
J
Great run for the DSC Boys. Sounds like CESA lost a heartbreaker, but runner-up is a solid finish.

Nice to see SC soccer doing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CESA 88 Premier Girls lost in the finals of the U17 Predator Bracket 2-0 to a team from Pa. The 2 goals were scored in the last 2 minutes of the game. CESA's semifinal match had gone into overtime and penalty kicks, where the Pa team only had played the game. Great run for the CESA girls! Congratulations!

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Congratulations to all the teams representing SC!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
A small side bar.... Anyone hear about the soccer teams and the New Year Swingers??

Excerpt -" We're not prudes by any means," said Rob Young of Greenville, S.C., who said his two daughters, Leah, 13 and Lauren, 11, were asking questions he struggled to answer. "We would have liked to have been informed when we checked into the hotel so we could have made other arrangements.

See whole article Disney Showcase

Gives a whole new meaning to family fun.....

S
goal kick
goal kick
S

coach
coach
All that success that CESA has had resulted in lovefests and now hanging with new years' swingers? Where will they go next? Las Vegas? LA?

M
bench
bench
M
FYI.. Tournament housing at Disney is dictated by the tournament officials, so you are kind of at the mercy of the tournament housing director of where your team stays. Our team was under the same recquirements as when we went to WAGS and CASL. Thus far our team and family members have not had to experience any illicit acts and hope never do, but you never know when you are not in control of the situation, I would like to think the tournament housing folks at these high profile tournaments could do a better job screening and locating rooms.

I would like to take this time to congratulate all South Carolina teams for their participation and accomplishments at Disney and to let them know how very proud I am of them for showing sportsmanship, representing SC and playing hard against the best competition in the country.

corner kick
corner kick
Has any one done a synopsis of the Disney tourney? I know CESA had teams at most every agegroup boys and girls. Anyone taken the time to put it into one easy to read format? I'd really like to know where all of the CESA & SC teams ended up but basically I'm to lazy to do it myself! [Big Grin]

corner kick
corner kick

world cup
world cup
Regarding the hotel "incident" at the tournament.....a friend of mine sent me this e-mail today. Brought back some funny memories from a tournament we attended in Virginia:

Video on MSN Video featured this story today! They featured a photo of a CESA team player!! I don't know which is worse, the Swingers or the Transvestites we had at the hotel in Roanoke!

S
coach
coach
S
Top Drawer Soccer has a good article on the U15B Predator title game between CESA and De Anza. It's a subscription site; however, I believe that the article should be publicly available soon and when it is I'll post a link.

Also, congratulations to Sebastian Velasquez [CESA, U15B Premier] on being named to the Top Drawer Soccer Boys Soccer National Team of the Month as a forward.

Brace
Brace
That's cool! Where does Velasquez play high school ball?

C
kick off
kick off
C
Velasquez plays at Greenville this year with Finotti!!!

F
throw in
throw in
F
Velasquez will most-likly start up top for Finotti as a freshman, and Greenville looks like the team to beat with star player sebastian velasquez...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G Im going to have to disagree with you about one thing on this one. Yes, Velasquez is a very talented player, but they are not going to be the team to beat just because of him. Greenville has many talented players, one being Blair Rushing all-state player last year when he was just in 10th grade. Velasquez has to prove himself on the team before you can call him "The Star Player" But this is just my opion.

B
goal
goal
B
Just like another great freshman forward, I think Sebastian may find the physical difference between a freshman and senior to be a significant challenge this year. Sebastian is a great player, but, don't build him up on this board to something he may not be able to achieve. Why don't you just wait until he gets there, does his thing, makes a name for himself, and then talk.

S
goal
goal
S
Bear-

I must disagree about Sebastian and the physical difference he will see. While other kids his age are busy hanging with friends, Sebastian is playing in the adult Hispanic leagues were it takes police patroling the sidelines to keep the games in check. Oh,and buy the way, if your up past 11:oo at night, come watch him play in the adult indoor league. My point is this, Sebastian has seen more physical and dirty play than anyone his age.

B
goal
goal
B
Feet,

A very substantial piece of information that was not known by me, and probably many other people. Please don't take my comments as a knock against Sebastian, as I have a great deal of respect for him as a player. I was really more interested in the hype factor. Since Greenville is coming to Charleston for the tournament in mid Feb, I'll have the chance to watch him play in this different setting. Up until this point, I've only been able to see him with his own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the stats of the teams that went to Disney?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard