Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
goal
goal
B
USC's recruiting class for this year includes 3 players from CSC and 2 from the Aiken Fire.

world cup
world cup
We obviously need to strive to develop better players. If a kid can flat-out play, college coaches will notice.

Can anyone cite any examples of players from SC that Clemson, USC, Furman & CofC just plain missed out on? Are there kids playing out-of-state, at inferior programs, who are absolutely "lighting it up" and would have made a difference at the local major colleges?

I don't know of any.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[-] didnt chico & scsoccer have a scysa formal complain from columbia club<<

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail on this; but I can tell you that there are a whole lot of people who get deeply angry when you present data/information that they don't want others to see. In the end, however, sanity reigns.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[Chapindad] Its always easy to agree, but nothing is gained. I always find that things are rarely what you think and almost always there is more going on behind the scenes that can't be made public for various reasons.<<

Respectfully, if the conclusions of others run counter to your personal self-interest or the self-interest of any type of group you're in, it is incredibly hard to agree with contrary facts; it is much easier to disagree.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[CarolinaMom] Question....what can the South Carolina clubs (all of them) do to encourage in state schools from doing more in state recruiting?<<

Unfortunately, I don't know anything other than being more regionally and nationally competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching the Girls ODP tryouts this weekend in Smvle, SC and seeing most of the SC teams get their shorts handed to them by the GA and NC teams, I can see why SC schools look elsewhere. Those girls were intense, and in top physical shape. After talking to some of the parents, they practice 2 times a month for ODP in addtion to their club practice time of 3 times a week with an additional day of skills training. Then they send them to soccer camps in the summer. I was in awe with the skills from the 93's up to the 89's. I think the 92's from GA could whip any SC Varsity team. They were huge, played together and had soccer moves that aren't seen around here to much. Bottom line - our clubs are so fragmented in our state therefore have a difficult time competeing with Charlotte and Atlanta area clubs. Cesa and the Bridge are on the right track but have long way to go.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Aren't ODP and club two different things? I know my daughter got her team assignment a week or so ago, and needless to say they never practiced as a team. I realize the returning girls have played together but if you don't practice as a team how can you beat anyone?

C
goal
goal
C
I do believe that the 90s did very well and the 89s represented SC very well also. ODP is promoted more in GA and NC by the clubs, so you will notice that a lot of the players on the teams at Interstate are all from the same club team for the most part. It usually takes SC a couple of ODP years before the girls start working together well. I also believe that the 89s won all their games at region camp last year.

W
WDC Offline
bench
bench
W
I know in the 92s the coach used this weekend as the final tryout. We had some kids there that couldn,t complete at the higher level. But since there was only one previous day of tryouts he wanted to see them again for evaluation. Once he put together an A team on Sunday they beat TN pretty handily. They will fare better in Alabama when only the top players are there.

B
throw in
throw in
B
I attended some of the ODP games at the summerville soccer club this weekend. The 89's did a good job in my opinion but after watching some of the other age groups, north carolina and georgia had some serious physical strength and skill. and man, that wind was intense, it threw off a lot of corners/goal kicks.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard