Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Does anyone have any current information on the proposed merger of Columbia clubs? Can they actually pull this off? Will it help? Are the parents that may have to drive their kids to the other side of town for training on board?

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I understand that NECSA did try to merge with the YMCA league early last year, but NECSA wanted full control and the Y told them to get lost. Do you think NECSA wants full control of this "merger"?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
My understanding, is it will happen. They practices will be one week here and one week there.

Will it make a difference - Can't tell

What about the CESA Cola branch?

things have been VEWY, VEWY QUIET

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
no DOC, no state championships, no full time guys, etc. Thats progress?

one state championship (over a CSC team), quality leadership at the top, thats downhill?

Not here to support one club over the other. I know people on both sides. I personally think a merger would be a great thing and should have happened a while ago.

So - NECSA has nothing to offer your club?

coach
coach
It should happen. It needs to happen. They said it would happen...........
And of course it probably is happening. They did say it would not go live until next fall.
CESA said they would go live this spring? Anyone see or hear any activity from CESA?

S
goal
goal
S
I would have no problem directing my child to play with CESA. For what has NECSA given my child? The coach has given a great deal but I do not see anything from NECSA which puts it above any other clubs. Although, my child appears to do a fair amount of advertising for NECSA and assorted apparel. Maybe I have missed the advantages for playing NECSA vs. other clubs or just don't understand the benfits of NECSA. Please someone show me the light!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loc, CSC's U14 boys are defending state champs and playing Premier this spring.

S
coach
coach
S
Several observations with respect to questions/issues raised in various preceeding posts:
  • I think that both CSC and NECSA had one state championship team in 2005: CSC's U13B team and NECSA's U18B team.
  • It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for CSC to hire a DOC while it was engaged in merger discussions.
  • I don't believe that either CSC or NECSA has at this time full-time administrators or DOC's.
  • The bylaws of a club typically define whether the membership of a club gets to vote on a merger. If the bylaws do not mandate it, then it's up to the boards of the respective clubs as to whether they want to offer their membership a chance to vote. I don't know whether CSC's or NECSA's bylaws mandate this or whether the boards want to offer a chance to vote.
  • I've heard that CESA has a boys team in which most/all of the players are from Columbia this spring; I've been told that once again there will be Columbia training offered in the spring but don't know any more details of when it will start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point loc was making is that CSC won nothing in the fall and NECSA won one.We'll see how it plays out in the spring.

S
coach
coach
S
>> [Nino Brown] I think the point loc was making is that CSC won nothing in the fall and NECSA won one.We'll see how it plays out in the spring.<<

If this is what "Loc Dog" meant, then he deserves at least a message board yellow card for the misuse of statistics in an argument. [Smile]

• In 2005, NECSA had 1 champion, CSC had 1.
  • In 2005, NECSA had 1 finalist, CSC had 5.
  • In 2005/spring, NECSA had 0 champions (or finalists), CSC had 1 champion (2 finalists).
  • In 2005/fall, NECSA had 1 champion (1 finalist), CSC had 0 champions (3 finalists).
  • In 2006, NECSA will have 0 teams qualifying for premier, CSC will potentially have 3.(a)
Even this is a relatively poor context because we're only using a single year; however, at least it gives all of the context of that year and the consequences of that year on 2006 league play.

(a) Of course, if a merger goes through there will be some NECSA players on the CSC teams elibible to play premier; elibility is based on assuming that the teams are combined in such a fashion as to maintain the proper count of CSC players so that premier eligibility is maintained.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard