Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Irmo

I had forgotten about the 14s. That leo kid is a very quality player [Wink] .

Chico

I am not going to get into any arguments over stats. You have proven yourself worthy. However, my argument was against progression. the poster, -, made it sound like CSC was heads above NECSA.

The DOC was an issue before merger talks. why did he leave? board problems? not really sure, but it makes you wonder. While on the other side of the river, Tripp has remained there forever and has done a damn good job.

CSC is not as good as everyone claims, and NECSA definitely is not as bad as some are making them out to be, that was my point!

My whole post was tyring to get to the reasoning of - (perhaps the greatest name on the message board).

S
coach
coach
S
Loc Dog: I do understand the larger point you're making, and I agree with you, and I think it's foolish for "-" or anyone else to try to base something as long-term as a merger on state challenge cup results for a year or whatever. As I understand it, for example, NECSA has 1000+ more players than CSC. I'm sure that there are many advantages on both sides.

I personally believe that what the Columbia area needs the most right now is change -- something, almost anything, different than what's been going on in the last few years. So I'm a proponent of this merger -- because if nothing else at least it's a change.

goal kick
goal kick
quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
Loc Dog: I do understand the larger point you're making, and I agree with you, and I think it's foolish for "-" or anyone else to try to base something as long-term as a merger on state challenge cup results for a year or whatever. As I understand it, for example, NECSA has 1000+ more players than CSC. I'm sure that there are many advantages on both sides.

I personally believe that what the Columbia area needs the most right now is change -- something, almost anything, different than what's been going on in the last few years. So I'm a proponent of this merger -- because if nothing else at least it's a change.

goal kick
goal kick
Allright, let me try this again. How will the merger affect the u9-u12 players? Will they benefit, or be affected at all? After all, these are the elite teams of the future. Are they afected

goal kick
goal kick
Allright, let me try this again. How will the merger affect the u9-u12 players? Will they benefit, or be affected at all? After all, these are the elite teams of the future. Are they afected

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
LeGrazie,

I don't know much about the U-9 through U-12 programs at either club. I posted this about the U-13 and U-14 groups back in November when the merger was announced:

quote:
Looking at strictly the younger age groups, who stand to be the most affected by this merger, it looks like there is room for quite a bit of improvement at both clubs.

In the U-13 boys, CSC went 0-8 in the classic division and 0-10 in the challenge division. NECSA doesn't have a classic team, but the challenge team went 4-5-1.

In the U-14 boys, CSC went 1-6-2 in classic, but did much better in challenge with a 9-1-2 record. NECSA only played classic at this age group, with an 8-1-1 record.

On the girls side, neither club had a U-13 classic team. The U-13G challenge team from CSC did well (5-2), and NECSA at 2-5, not so well.

At U-14G, CSC classic went 1-8. CSC challenge went 5-3-2, and NECSA challenge went 7-1-2.

It would appear to me, a neutral observer, that a merger of these two clubs could result in improvement at either the classic or the challenge level, but it still remains to be seen if they can be competitive at all levels. It does not appear that the numbers are there for top teams from the existing CSC and NECSA clubs at U-13 and U-14. The fact that these clubs do not have teams at both levels in the younger age groups indicates that the merger will need some additional help from somewhere.

Just some random thoughts supported by stats that may not mean much...

These can indeed be the elite teams of the future, but they need to do something to turn around some of the records.

Note: Neither CSC nor NECSA had U-11 or U-12 teams in the Palmetto League. I find that very interesting, especially since the Palmetto League administrator is very active in CSC.

Goal
Goal
But the Palmetto League is somewhat of a farce! A team from NECSA can just as easily find like competition in the Sandlapper League such as CSC, Aiken, Discoveries, the Augusta clubs, Lexington, CRSA, and such. No sense going to Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Greenville for what you can get relatively locally.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Necsa/CSC will merge and become Columbia United.

goal kick
goal kick
quote:
Originally posted by 202677:
But the Palmetto League is somewhat of a farce! A team from NECSA can just as easily find like competition in the Sandlapper League such as CSC, Aiken, Discoveries, the Augusta clubs, Lexington, CRSA, and such. No sense going to Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Greenville for what you can get relatively locally.

I don't know if the Palmetto League is a farce. However, I will vouch for the Sandlapper league. It is an excellent venue for young players in the Agusta - Columbia - Rock Hill corridor. It gives them good competition with reasonable travel times.

C
goal
goal
C
Columbia United FC to be exact....

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard