Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Goal
Goal
Well there has already been a Midlands United in Columbia. What an original name for a conglomerate club!

hat-trick
hat-trick
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the merger would begin with the spring 06 season, but this can't be so can it? Will the new club have teams playing this spring or will it wait till next fall?

coach
coach
CSC/NECSA said they would begin in fall 06.
CESA said they would begin in Spring 06, but if you look at the team list in hotstats I don't see any CESA-Cola teams.

hat-trick
hat-trick
ok, I believe I must have gotten the two events confused.

coach
coach
from the CSC/NECSA letter to parents:
We trust that you understand that such an exploration involves due diligence and tedious planning and thus your patience and your support is greatly appreciated! To that end, please realize that the Fall 2005 youth soccer season and the Spring 2006 youth soccer season will continue as planned on an individual basis at NECSA and at CSC and if you have not already done so.

and

Here is the first sentence from Chico's prior post:
Chico - Registered Member
Member # 1734 posted November 14, 2005 04:06 PM [Preface: I received this earlier this afternoon from CESA.]
For immediate release 11/14/05

Carolina Elite Soccer Academy (CESA) announced that they will establish a program in the Columbia area beginning in the spring of 2006.

C
goal
goal
C
CSC and NECSA still have a lot of work to do in order to merge. But put all the work aside. According to SCYSA rules, no club can field teams until they file papers with SCYSA which can not be done until the Summer of each year.

goal kick
goal kick
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
from the CSC/NECSA letter to parents:
We trust that you understand that such an exploration involves due diligence and tedious planning and thus your patience and your support is greatly appreciated! To that end, please realize that the Fall 2005 youth soccer season and the Spring 2006 youth soccer season will continue as planned on an individual basis at NECSA and at CSC and if you have not already done so.

There is just something tha seems wrong about combining soccer and "due diligence". Sounds like something the Glazers would have said when they bought Man. U.

Here is the first sentence from Chico's prior post:
Chico - Registered Member
Member # 1734 posted November 14, 2005 04:06 PM [Preface: I received this earlier this afternoon from CESA.]
For immediate release 11/14/05

Carolina Elite Soccer Academy (CESA) announced that they will establish a program in the Columbia area beginning in the spring of 2006.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Here is a portion of an email that was received yesterday from NECSA in regards to the merger. It has a very positive tone on the upcoming merger:
quote:
Your NECSA Board of Directors has unanimously voted in favor of this merger and is incredibly excited to share this opportunity with you.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I have read a flyer from CSC and NECSA, they both indicate this merger is a done deal. The new club will be called the Columbia United FC.
The CSC board has approved this merger, however, NECSA must obtain a vote of the club parents. This vote may not go the way the NECSA Board thinks. There is a huge upwelling of parents(from both clubs) that think this may be more of a power trip for the president of one club, than something that is in the best interest of Columbia youth soccer. It seems this merger will only benefit the elite or challenge level teams. It is my understanding that rec, academy and even classic will remain "east" and "west" with only elite and challenge being "merged." In the beginning this sounded like a glorious idea. It now sounds that the CSC parents end up with top management that have basically run one club in the ground and NECSA parents end up inherating the large debt of CSC. Come try-out time do youself a favor look at Lexington, CESA, or Charlotte. It is a shame that the CSC parents had no vote in this as the NECSA parents will.From the entire look of this I think it is more of a hostile takeover of CSC than a merger.
As they say "vote the bums out".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy does this sound familar. Happen that way in the Upstate. No Parents had a vote, and was it the best move???????

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard