Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
corner kick
corner kick
greenacres,
Don't you wish you knew what you were talking about...the current membership of BOTH clubs will be voting on the merger

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
We call this BRIDGE FA in the lowerstate..Parents and players had no say in the matter..even though we make up most of the membership.Everyone wants to be or beat CESA..The only problem I see is CESA offers all levels of soccer and everyone else just wants to put challenge or elite teams together to compete with CESA.The focus is on a very small group and not the big picture for most of the players...But it's all about the win.Right?

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
SoccerPOP9194 : When is CSC to vote on this issue? NECSA is voting 2-12-06. My understanding of CSC articles of incorporation do not require a vote. If I am wrong please tell me when the vote is.

corner kick
corner kick
Greenacres,
You are correct that the bylaws of CSC do not require a vote..However, the BOD decided to put it to vote because it was the right thing to do. If you are member in good standing with CSC you will get a letter explaining the process (I got mine today). The vote is for the same day as NECSA 2/12/06.

coach
coach

S
goal
goal
S
Anybody have any info on the meeting regarding the merger that took place last night?

goal
goal
coldhardtruth,

Comparing CESA to the Bridge FA is an apples/oranges thing. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but CESA was formed as the result of a merger - two clubs joined and became one. The Bridge is an Alliance - the Alliance members are still separate and unique.

You sound like the typical whining and complaining parent who pays your child’s fees, then thinks your job is done; offering no help, but always being the first one to jump up and state “the facts” about everything that is wrong with the organization.

Maybe you just were not aware that the clubs (SSC and JI) cannot survive without volunteers. When was the last time you helped out at a field day, ran the concession stand on a game day, or just picked up trash while your child was practicing?

Regarding parents and players having no say in the decision...this is untrue. While parents may not have had a vote, they certainly had a say. Last time I checked, the Board of Directors (at SSC) meets the first Wednesday of each and every month. I’d be willing to bet that you have never attended any of these meetings. And, again, all of the people making the decisions at the club and keeping the club running are VOLUNTEERS.

If you sincerely want to make a difference, I believe there is an opening for a position at SSC – feel free to jump in there anytime.

Either you have jumped into this discussion really, really late, or you just don’t quite understand what the Bridge is about, or both.

To everyone else on this bulletin board, I will now step down from my soap box.

To coldhardtruth, PUT UP or SHUT UP!!!

C
goal
goal
C
Thank you very much Belligerent! And AMEN!

world cup
world cup
Belligerent,

You raise a very good point about the need for parent volunteers. Volunteers make it happen, the club doesn't succeed or grow with out them.

But when does the passion for voluteerism wane or cease to exist?

When my kid paid $36 per season to play (rec), I was there.....lining fields and coaching games.

When my kid paid $125 per season to play (Travel soccer in PA), I was coaching teams and sitting on the Board.

When my kid paid $325 per season to play (classic), I was coaching and club president.
(DISCLAIMER - I was compensated for coaching)

When my kid paid $675 per season to play (challenge), I drove her to the game and cheered from the sideline.

When my kid pays $1,500 per season to play for the super club.....do you really still need me to volunteer? Isn't that kind of cash good enough?

C
goal
goal
C
Most of the money that goes into a club, goes straight to the coaches of the club and the DOC. I don't know of any board members for any clubin SC that is paid for their services.

Paying $1500 for training at a club is a whole new ball game. There are probably several full time people on the club payroll to handle most of the work for a club.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard