Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
world cup
world cup
Plenty of full-time people, all but one of them coaches. There may be one paid administrator on staff.

Parents are expected to volunteer for fundraising, tournaments, etc.

C
goal
goal
C
I agree with you. If you have that many full time people then they need to do a lot of that stuff themselves. I am sure the coaches just want to be paid to coach and do nothing else. This type of attitude has killed a lot of private companies. Wearing multiple hats is the only way to keep this going into today's business environment.

corner kick
corner kick
The day I have to pay $1500 per season in fees is the day my kids stop playing. I'm sure I pay a lot more than that when you look at all the travel involved . But just in fees???? thats crazy!
One of the benefits of a "super club" is the "power in numbers" making it easier to find corporate and government support. which should help to decrease the fees, in theory.
But then when you look at what some of the DOCs at these "super clubs" are getting paid, it no wonder they need fees that high!

By the way if you feel like digging you can find out what your DOC or any other paid person at your club is making. They are nonprofit organizations and are required to disclose it if you know where to look.

world cup
world cup
I'm not looking to bust anybody's chops and the guys that are in charge of successful programs did a great job working their way up. If the club was not successful, it wouldn't be able to charge this kind of money.

It's free market economy, more power to them (as long as other options exist).

My point is.....when you charge this kind of money, because you have a superior product, how much pressure can you exert on the parents to help out? It's a lot easier to find volunteers when, for lack of a better term, you're looking at a "grass roots" effort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way if you feel like digging you can find out what your DOC or any other paid person at your club is making. They are nonprofit organizations and are required to disclose it if you know where to look.

Please tell me where to look. I'd sure like to know. I bet a lot of people would like to know. Might just raise an eyebrowl or two.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
WOW! My first post and I struck a nerve...
Belligerent,
I really do not see where volunteering had anything to do with this topic.I do feel the need to reply since my character is in question..My children have been at SSC for six years and I did not push them out the car for practice and take off.I have been there for field day.I have opened and closed the club on gameday.I helped out at the labor day tournaments and worked in the concession stand.I dumped garbage cans during the week for two seasons with Bill.
And I still check by and close the gate and cut off the lights that are left on at 10pm so I think I qualify as volunteer.I now drive around 160 miles a week for my daughter to play soccer so volunteering is tougher.
I have been to board meetings with other parents to discuss the girls program with no resolution.
The girls program could not afford to give up players to the Bridge.The numbers were not there.
Besides,if I am going to practice in Mt Pleasant on a Bridge team.I might as well play for Mt Pleasant.You are right...the decisions being made at the club are volunteers.Parents that are influenced by a paid employee with their own agenda to serve.Not all...but enough to swing the vote.Tell me how SSC has prospered from this Bridge program?
I can see the affects it has had on the girls program.How about Classic play?The Bridge pulled up playmakers on the classic teams so they can ride the pine on a challenge team.Why two teams in one age group?Take the best eighteen!!
Why does SSC have to wait till after the Bridge tryouts?Players are already put on teams and committed to clubs by the time SSC has their tryouts.The only players SSC is going to get is players that only intend on playing there.Why?
Because this is a condition for being in the alliance.As far as an alliance..I could count the JI players on one hand.This program was set up because SSC players were not going to Mt Pleasant and Mt Pleasant players were not going to SSC.
But,here is a new club with different colors and we practice in Summerville and Mt Pleasant.
This was done to compete with Cesa .My hats off to Cesa for bringing everyone into the fold..not just challenge players.
What does Bridge have to do with Volunteers? There are kids from Georgia and N Carolina out there.How much time are they putting in.My hats off to all the volunteers at SSC.God bless them and the kids could not play without them.
And Belligerent.I am shutting up now and putting up at a club that supports all the players.
No need to reply..we are both soccer parents who sees things differently.
And let's get back to the CSC/Nesca merger

corner kick
corner kick
Sportfreak, I'll tell you to if you really feel like doing the leg work to start here:

Secretary of State
PO Box 11350
Columbia, SC 29211

Information: (803) 734-1790
Fax: (803) 734-1604
Web Site:www.scsos.com

However, I would caution you at the same time. While all of the financial information for NPO's is a matter of public record would you want your salary put out there for your friends and peers to see?

Like Hurst66 said "It's free market economy, more power to them (as long as other options exist)."

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this...should have kept my mouth shut!

C
goal
goal
C
Ignorance is bliss sometimes, especially when it comes to salaries.

I would suggest you go to a board meeting and get the numbers so that you can also have the proper context placed with the numbers.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Check out to new news about the CESA/CRSA parternership!! It is said that Lexington is also on board. This would be a club with the potential to not only dominate the Cola. area, but also compete statewide. This makes the CSC/NECSA merger seem much less actractive to a Columbia area soccer parent. Hopefully tryouts won't be at the same time. It would be a shame to not make this super-power club and not be able to try out for the new CUFC.(no not Charlotte United FC or Charleston United FC)

coach
coach
green,
Where does it say that Lex. is on board?
CSC/NECSA should have just gone with CFC (Columbia Futbol Club). Too many united clubs out there.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard