Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
#61638 04/13/06 03:33 PM
goal
goal
Where do you see it listed as a forfeit? Are you saying that because the score was posted as 3-0?

How long had the boys played before the game was stopped? Had anyone scored at that point?

#61639 04/13/06 03:58 PM
S
goal
goal
S
Yes, it is listed 3-0 with both teams reporting as I see it.

The boys had played maybe 5 minutes before the game was stopped and the score was 0-0.

#61640 04/13/06 05:50 PM
goal
goal
Cheers,

Soccer For Fun appears to be in hiding...maybe he took my advice and is on a little mental "vacation" under the supervision of some white lab-coated professional "mediators." We can only hope he comes back under the influence of heavy medication.

Do you have any insight into the strange disappearance of the Mt. Pleasant team this past Saturday?

#61641 04/18/06 02:19 PM
goal
goal
Soccer For Fun,

Do you not have ANY rebuttal to USMNT2014's version of the events that day? Go ahead and blame it on me being an idiot if you want...maybe that will take my mind off having your foot up my a$$.

#61642 04/18/06 02:46 PM
X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
you really are belligerent.

#61643 04/19/06 04:34 AM
goal
goal
Hey, that's easy for YOU to say....YOU don't have to live with a FOOT up YOUR a$$.

I'm just looking for a little stimulating conversation, that's all....

#61644 04/19/06 01:22 AM
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Belligerent,
Well, I did what you asked and here are the “upbeat and optimistic” comments you’ve posted (there are more out there):

Belligerent Member # 3514 posted March 31, 2006 10:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soccersupper,

…RCates has apologized for the announcement he made at the game, but each time you add your comments here, YOU look more and more like the idiot you claim HIM to be. First of all, you really should try and READ and UNDERSTAND what people are saying here BEFORE you start typing a response…

…Soccersupper, you appear to be suffering from an extreme case of foot-in-mouth disease, of which the only known cure is to immediately close your mouth.

Belligerent Member # 3514 posted February 14, 2006 09:46 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soccer,

It is almost impossible to take someone on this board calling someone else a moron who has as horrible a grasp of the English language as you appear to have.

Please go back to school or hire a tutor before you return and make a fool of yourself again.

Belligerent Member # 3514 posted May 26, 2005 09:47 AM
….We left our former club (city-run) because it was composed mostly of rednecks, and soccer was at the bottom of the totem pole when it came to level of importance within the organization…

Belligerent Member # 3514
posted April 02, 2006 09:46 PM
…I am sure that several of those boys, along with their parents, will be welcome additions to the Bridge “family” next season…

I really don’t know why anyone would want to join your team, “family”.
You obviously don’t want anyone who can’t write as well as you, spell as well as you or rednecks. You must really find my wife and I very interesting to observe and comment on our interactions all game long you “Nosey Biddy Body(s)”. As a previous ‘SUMMERVILLE LIGHTNING PARENT’, I became sick of a few parent’s ranting about how they and their children couldn’t understand the Coach’s Trinidad-Tobagoan speech. When he asked for transportation to tournaments, I knew no one would offer, thus I drove (Mt P to Summerville to the tournament and back, well out of my way) and, I believe we had a good time. You obviously view your role on the sideline as conducting some sort of ‘SUMMERVILLE SOCIAL EXPERIMENT’. I find MerrittDempseyishot’s post [April 10, 2006 10:20 PM] equally interesting, “Maybe if everyone keeps moving down field from "soccer for fun," he'll finally get the message!” I can guarantee there will be no correlation between the two.

On the topic of parents coaching from the sidelines, your team’s, my team’s and several others ALL yelling ‘Kick It’ when the balls 30+ yards out and there’s plenty of other options for passes and skilled dribbling doesn’t help [Read: “Best Practices for Coaching Soccer in the Untied States”]. The ‘Nice Shot’ when the ball goes wide or over just reinforces bad technique. A ‘nice shot’ is a shot ON goal! You wonder why I’m loud; it’s to drown out those comments [Look at that for a possible correlation]. The same parents arguing with officials about his calls were the same ones asking me what the call was last year on your team. If you want to know what the call was get your referee license or at least read, understand and keep up with the changes to the Laws of the Game. Your 'player???' kept pushing our players in the back of the neck, the referee gave him a stern warning on the fifth time and yellow carded him the next time. The two slide tackles your 'players???' made from behind: “International Football Association Board Decision 4 of Law 12 says a tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play”. “Does it endanger the player?” is the question. The kid that was tackled took a while to get up and got up limping. The punishment of the player who commits “a tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play” means that the referee must send the offending player off for a foul from behind. Our coach argued the no-call and was given a Caution himself. Again, your parent’s sideline comments were interesting.

On the topic of ‘obnoxious during a game’; I respect your DOC for his personal soccer accomplishments, as a trainer and ability to startup the Bridge concept, but as a game coach, I'm suspect of his capabilities. [See: the “Best Practices for Coaching Soccer in the US”, on playing-up] If the U12s (BridgeFA Red) aren’t able to handle a [Good] physical game, go back to U12. The Coach yelled at the Refs the entire game, had a 5 minute discussion at half with the Refs and lastly resorted to telling his players to just lie down when our players came to challenge them – talk about distracting to the players and disruptive to the game[Look at that for a possible correlation too]! Our players just stopped playing every time he started yelling.

On the topic of the kid that was ‘cut’ from BridgeFA: 1) he has scored more goals in Division play than any midfielder from either Bridge or Mt Pleasant, and 2) only two players from Bridge and three players from Mt Pleasant have scored more goals (not to mention assists). Fantasyland! If he was cut, what did your coaches/parents miss? Get a Clue! I was also tired of seeing the click of a few parents choosing who played and didn’t. Tryouts were very interesting to observe, a coach surrounded by parents giving him advice. Did someone say, “Let's let the coaches give the advice, and let the parents set a good example. [MerrittDempseyishot posted April 10, 2006 10:20 PM]” A ‘PARENT’ the Assistant Coach? Get over that, get kids who are the ‘Best’ if you’re the ‘BRIDGEFA’. (Note: that’ll be a challenge with practices in Summerville, an hour and one half drive during rush hour, gas prices at $2.50/gal, last minute notice of field closure so when you get there – there’s no practice, locked facilities (yes, there are trees) and poor fields with only one lighted. But the trainers are great!) If you have some inside knowledge about player selection, I’d hardly want my son trying out for your team, you might post it in a public forum as retribution for ‘something’. Face it, all but two players are Summerville Lightning players, YOU ARE THE ‘SUMMERVILLE LIGHTNING’. “BridgeFA”, hah, you’re riding on the backs of the U15s, now that’s the BridgeFA concept (JI, MtP, Sv, Chas, FtD, WA, Bft, MB...practices at a central location and an unlocked outhouse – bonus!).

Again, if you have some inside knowledge on player selection, please convey your source.

Stimulated?

#61645 04/19/06 03:31 AM
goal
goal
Now, THAT is stimulating!

#61646 04/19/06 01:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW....U13 I say again U13 soccer!!!!

All parents posting on the board please say the following out loud w/ me........BURNOUT!!!!

I am guessing 40% of these kids get "burned out " of soccer due to you parents. Its u13 for christ sake. get over yourselves.

Plus whatever team Finotti coaches will win.

#61647 04/19/06 02:21 PM
goal
goal
Okay, yes, I am an idiot, and obviously a little slow (I DO have to drag around the 200lb weight attached to the foot up my a$$, after all) but I fail to see where any of your post explains why you left the NECSA fields before your game was over Saturday...which WAS the original question. As you seem to have great difficulty focusing, might I add Ritalin to the list of medications you need to take?

You did a great job of taking the first two posts (of mine) out of context. Anyone who goes back and looks at the entire thread will clearly see that I was trying to defend another poster who was being verbally attacked. With the third post, you completely ignored the portion of my post that said “soccer was at the bottom of the totem pole when it came to level of importance within the organization.” That was a fairly important part of the statement.

Your wife is a very nice, kind, and polite lady, and she has nothing to do with this. Personally, I, along with the majority of players and other parents at the field, would rather NOT observe YOUR interactions during matches, but are forced to because we can’t hear anything else. And, are you still transporting the BFA coach everywhere? If not, somehow he has managed to find his way to games, even without your assistance.

When it comes to soccer parents, there seems to be extremes on both ends of the spectrum – those who 1) don’t know much about the game, but want to learn; and 2) those who seem to feel they know everything about it, and want to make sure everyone else knows it, while at the same time, making the former [1)] feel like idiots. You are a soccer “snob.” Believe it or not, there are actually some people in this world who don’t understand everything there is to know about the game – a little compassion towards them would go a long way. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever asked you a question about soccer – I’m sure you did your best to help them out.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt about your rantings, but your response to MerrittDempseyishot regarding “everyone moving down the field” from you, where you say “I can guarantee there will be no correlation between the two,” made it clear that you DO realize how discourteous you are to people, and just don’t care.

Not sure why you keep bringing up the game from a few weeks ago – Mt. Pleasant won fair and square. I have acknowledged this and congratulated the Mt. Pleasant team more than once. I guess, in your mind, it’s okay for your coach to scream at the ref, but not any other coaches? (see below)

Regarding the Mt. Pleasant–Bridge Red match, that was two months ago...again, not sure why you felt it necessary to bring that up – you say “If the U12s (BridgeFA Red) aren’t able to handle a [Good] physical game, go back to U12.” They DID handle it, and beat the Mt. Pleasant team. Every coach has his own style, but based on his record, your comment “I'm suspect of his capabilities” leaves me wondering what exactly you are thinking.

Your use of statistics is astounding and impressive – enough said.

I’m not sure whose tryouts you “observed,” but no U13 coach evaluated the U13 boys. If you have a problem with your son having been “cut,” I suggest you take it up with the DOC, as he is the only person, to my knowledge, who makes those decisions. Next time you go to a tryout, if you look closely, you should see the “evaluators” scribbling on sheets of paper. Those sheets of paper are called “evaluations” and the “evaluators” are “evaluating” players. My guess is that the DOC uses these “evaluations” when determining rosters. But, I could be completely wrong – you seem to think that the parents get together and vote on it. Again, there is only one person who can answer that question.

I don’t know where you get YOUR information from, but I count 5 players who were not previously on a Lightning roster. Maybe you’re using that “new” math?

I know of a team that has held the majority of their practices on James Island, and another that practices mostly on Daniel Island – again, who are YOU talking to?

You say (ask?) “A ‘PARENT’ the Assistant Coach?” Was there a point somehow hidden in that statement/question?

Since you brought the incident up, I’ll give some advice to anyone who brings their child from another part of town to SSC...if there have been heavy showers recently (in this particular case, a deluge), and you are getting ready to begin “an hour and one half drive during rush hour…” call the club hotline beforehand to see if the fields are closed…it might save you a LOT of trouble.

You say “riding on the backs of the U15s.” I know what the phrase means, but I have absolutely no clue what you mean in this case.

After all this, I STILL don’t know why Mt. Pleasant didn’t show up to finish the game a couple weeks ago...

You have managed to insult not only me (which is understandable), but your OWN team’s parents, our team’s parents, the majority of the U13 boys division teams’ parents, our DOC, our facilities, and the hundreds of other parents who have spent countless hours VOLUNTEERING their time at the club. Are you sure you didn’t forget anyone?

And, lastly, I initially responded to your misleading comment a couple months ago about roster changes. If you feel that I in any way spoke negatively about your son, I apologize. He’s a nice kid, with great skills and an apparent love for the game that I wish every player had.

Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard