Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
[I've deleted the original thread; I'm posting this one only so that my mea culpa is public. The rumor that I asked about has been declared false; I don't want to contribute to its propagation.]

SoccerPOP9194/WDC: If you two say that there is no such request, then I'll absolutely not only let it go but also apologize for even raising the issue (as I said I'd do early in the original thread). I know both of your identities; you're absolutely authoritative enough for me. So since you have clearly stated:

WDC: I didn't know anyone made a request to keep a club out of Columbia.
SoccerPOP9194: I have not heard of such a request to keep a club out of Cola other than what has been put on this message board.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. What confused me was a post by Soccer-SC alleging this on another thread (which caused me to create this thread) and then WDC's post on this thread: It is a question of SCYSA bylaws and only they can interpret their own rules. We'll find out soon enough whether CESA can come to Columbia within the rules of SCYSA. In fact we should find out this weekend. I knew who WDC was; I took this as authoritative confirmation of the rumor. I was obviously wrong. I apologize.

I must have misunderstood; given both your responses you're telling me that it's on an unrelated bylaw issue. I was wrong; I again apologize for the misunderstanding -- it is entirely my fault.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[Cola Fan] [...] I've known for a while that Chico is a member of the CESA Board.<<

Cola Fan: I said this a few months ago on another thread when Chapindad asked me about it. I left the CESA board months ago (way before any of this) due to an illness in my family. So I am in no way representative of CESA. I have no public first-hand knowledge of any of this. That's why I got on and asked questions.

It was clear from the responses of WDC and SoccerPOP9194 that the rumors elsewhere on this board and floating around parents were wrong and that I misunderstood. I humbly apologize for that. I'm still confused by a lot of this information; but I'm going to take them at their word. I know who they are and they are in positions (although not necessarily the positions you surmise) in which I believe you should be able to trust them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chico, your a moron

Can't you tell whats going on?

If you know who SoccerPop9194 and WDC are then you know that their close to CSC & CSC's board. They know about NECSA asking to keep CESA out of Cola but are going to claim they didnt know because their close to CSC not NECSA. WDC already posted he knew about the meeting.

I heard its a done deal that CESA will be kept out of Cola & it doesnt matter what the bylaws say its to protect Cola clubs.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[Soccer-SC] Chico, your a moron<<

Mom? Is that you? [Smile]

>>Can't you tell whats going on?

Actually...no.

>>If you know who SoccerPop9194 and WDC are then you know that their close to CSC & CSC's board. They know about NECSA asking to keep CESA out of Cola but are going to claim they didnt know because their close to CSC not NECSA. WDC already posted he knew about the meeting.<<

If you have documentation, either produce it on this message board or send it to me. Without documentation, I'm not going to be calling anyone a liar.

>>I heard its a done deal that CESA will be kept out of Cola & it doesnt matter what the bylaws say its to protect Cola clubs. <<

I sure hope not. I've read the bylaws, and it would be incredibly difficult to interpret what I perceive as the key sentence to mean that a club is limited by district. The key sentence seems to be Bylaw 321, General Requirements, Section 2: "Each Club shall be a member of the District within whose geographic boundaries it is located." Well of course each club is a member of the district within whose geographic boundaries it is located; that appears to neither implicitly or explicitly limits either where players come from or where teams train.

World Cup
World Cup
Get him, Chico. The keyboard is mightier than the insult.

coach
coach
soccer,
Moron? Moron? Don't you know that I am the biggest Moron in this forum? Give credit where credit is due!!

goal
goal
Soccer,

It is almost impossible to take someone on this board calling someone else a moron who has as horrible a grasp of the English language as you appear to have.

Please go back to school or hire a tutor before you return and make a fool of yourself again.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Getting back to Soccer-Sc's original point - what is the status of CESA in Cola?

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
scotland: I don't know. The only thing I know for sure is that there's no way that the rumors could be true and NECSA (or CSC) has filed a complaint against CESA coming into Columbia. How do I know? It's impossible that people so close to CSC's board would have no knowledge of it during a merger. Merging corporate entities have a duty to disclose all such information or they could be accused of fraudulent mispresentation -- and board members must be made aware of on-going issues as well so that they can fulfill their oversight responsibilities.

coach
coach
Chico,
Several ifs to consider:
Does/Did the CRSA/CESA partnership require SCYSA approval? If so, what process is involved with that? If NECSA/CSC have a protest pending against the partnership, then I would assume that CRSA/CESA would be so apprised. If the NECSA/CSC president is an attorney, then its highly probable that a protest has been filed. If there is such a protest to block the partnership then it would be a tremendous blow to club soccer in Cola. I would also assume that the purpose of such a protest would be to control club soccer in Cola. and where the kids can play. This would be detrimental to the competitive spirit of Cola. area soccer. As much as I have ranted and raved that Cola. needed a merger of area clubs, this possibility of a protest would create a difficult environment among area clubs.
But..that is if there is a protest.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard