Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Goal
Goal
Until the name "Bieber" is removed from the SCYSA Board, then problems will always exist.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
thomaspietras: Re: where do we go from here? Probably no where...but as I've said a couple of times, I deeply appreciate your time and energy discussing this and I've learned from reading your posts. In closing [on my end], I did want to clarify several points.

>>Sorry you are disappointed that I did not provide commentary or analysis. I was not there for the meetings and did not hear the conversation. As a result, I don't feel that I have any insight to give that would be anything beyond speculation.<<

I didn't realize that the documents weren't enough. I do understand your policy now.

>>As for being in an untenable position, I don't see it that way. It is not my job to defend SCYSA, NECSA or CSC. What I have tried to do is provide insight into their actions when I felt I could in order to improve the "conversation" on this forum. Besides, opinions regarding the various parties are already pretty well entrenched.<<

I'll admit to you that I find the actions of the person who wrote the complaint reprehensible, particularly asking for lists of children, parents, and coaches. I'm still searching for a reason that would be done that would prove me wrong.

When I walk away from all of this, here's my best possible interpretation of all of this. Ron wrote a complaint based on his legal training and threw everything possible against the wall to see what would stick. He asked for everything he could think of for the same reason. He believed that by asking for more than he would get, he was more likely to get something. Finally, he sought to maximally protect his club from any external competition as would any corporation.

The trouble is that this wasn't a legal proceeding and that we're talking about charitable organizations. So the best interpretation I can come up with is that he just lost his bearings.

>>Finally, in saying "put up or shut up" I was saying almost exactly what you said in response. Each of us has to decide what we are going to do next. Are we going to give up on SCYSA (ie: when we volunteer we are going to find another place to do it) or are we going to get more involved in SCYSA and work for change? That really is the bottom line any way you look at it. We may have said it differently, but I think we actually agree on this.<<

Actually, there is another option: to work in South Carolina toward more viable alternatives to the SCYSA. I guess at this time that's where I'd tend to put my efforts. Now, if the SCYSA somehow decided to get serious about their bottom-line results reflecting their mission, then I'd reconsider.

>>I knew that I was not doing a great job at answering your question. I said so in my post.

Not sure what to tell you. I look at the list I put together (knowing that there is more) and consider this along with all of the adminstrative things (registration, fund raising, tournaments, background checks, etc.) that the SCYSA board has to do and think they are doing a good job. Could be better (as could most organizations) but they are doing a good job.

You look at the same list and think they are not doing well at all.<<

Actually, I look at the results and think that they are not doing well at all. I look at the list and honestly wonder how it ties into the top line results. I honestly don't know.

Again...thanks for your time on this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My pleasure.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard