Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering about the question I posted on Friday about the team that was on Hoststat and then was not...

Does anyone know what the explanation wasfrom the coach/club?

Does nobody know or is it such a stupid question that nobody wants to answer?

Goal
Goal
Interesting developments in the Midlands area to say the least. Don't trust WDC as far as you can throw him. The same goes for RT and TM. I went through this with some of the same people in the mid-90s and it's no different today.

How much was SCYSA paid for them to look after NECSA on this issue? Greased palms and wallets to say the least! [Embarrassed]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On 2/17/06, in response to one of my posts, Chico said: "I'm sorry if it offended you; and yet I do believe it. I believe that if your child were put on a team by one club, then that team was listed in Hotstat, then the team suddenly disappeared -- you'd want to know a lot more information immediately."

My purpose with THIS post is not to "argue" with Chico. We have different opions as to what I would or would not do. Can't be resolved in this forum.

Chico's post was in the context of the discussion of the NECSA complaint against CESA. Not sure if this is what Chico intended, but the way I read it, there was an implication that the team disappearing from Hotstat was a result of NECSA's complaint.

I was curious about this and posted a question, trying to find out why the team was removed from Hotstat.

I've received a confidential reply (from what I understand is an involved parent) to my question. Let me qualify this by saying that I don't know the person who responded and don't know, first-hand, the facts.

What I was told was that this team was a U12 CESA team that had previously registered with SCYSA as a CSC team to play in the Fall and Spring. Apparently SCYSA decided that there was a violation of rules regarding how teams switch clubs. I was told that this SCYSA decision was not related to the NECSA claim issue.

If you know the facts to be different, perhaps you could share what you know.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
thomaspietras: From Hotstat, it was a U10 team enrolled in the Sandlapper League that has vanished from Hotstat. I know of no Columbia-based CESA U12 team that was ever on Hotstat -- nor am I aware of any CESA U12 team based in Columbia that ever was even attempted to be formed. Because of the data we are trying to keep, we have semi-automated "spiders" that run out and get this kind of thing in an automated fashion -- that's how the U10 team being created and then vanishing came to my attention.

P.S. For someone who wouldn't ask about rumors or discuss them until after it was decided if it were your own kid, you're sure pursuing this one for a team on which you don't know any of the kids! [Smile] Actually, thank you -- I'd like to see this one answered as well.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Cola Fan: I honestly do not believe that there is graft or corruption in the SCYSA.

What I believe is that the SCYSA represents the collective will of the majority of their electors. And because the majority of their electors will tend toward the status quo, I believe that elected association bodies such as the SCYSA likewise tend toward the status quo. Thus my expectation regarding any decision would be that it would be weighted heavily toward either keeping the existing situation in stasis (i.e., preventing CESA from expanding its Columbia operations) or lean even more radically toward increasing parity within South Carolina soccer.

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
Chico,
You obliquely addressed the question I posed of you last week. Allow me to take it one step more. First, I do appreciate all the thankless work SCYSA does, and I don't say this obligtorily.

I suspect that SCYSA is so heavily influenced because they are not true "soccer" people. In trying to draw a logical parallel, if I were on a board that governs, say, law or medicine, I know I would be certainly suspect to overtures by influential people as I would have to defer to them through my lack of knowledge on the subject.I have no idea why the State Director of Coaching does not have a vote on soccer matters on the board. I'm sure there are some fallacies with this argument that I'll be appraised of shortly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nastradamus:

Not yelling...just discussing my viewpoint.

I'm not sure what you consider a "true soccer" person, so not sure this will be helpful.

Without addressing each person on the SCYSA board, let me just say that I consider them as a group to be "true soccer people".

Some played in their youth; most came up in soccer with their kids.

There are folks who have played, coached and/or were referees at the recreation and classic levels.

I think most of the board members came up through local club oranizations (as volunteers or as board members).

At least three of the SCYSA board members also serve on USYSA committees.

State Director of Coaching does not vote because he is not an elected member of the board. Rather, he is appointed by the board. That having been said, I will tell you that Van is a very active participant in the meetings and is very influential in the discussions.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
thomaspietras: After reading the decision, you have to admit, I nailed it when I said:

But in my opinion that's not the crux of all of this. Here's my prediction. If the SCYSA ever does rule on this [I think that they either have or will] and subsequently publicly release information concerning this, they will not explain their reasoning by quoting bylaws or rules. Instead, They will reference any vague bylaws possible with the word "district" in it and they will out of whole cloth create a ruling. They may even go for the brass ring and create rules that don't exist by stating the converse -- that because a bylaw doesn't say anything about allowing something it's not allowed. A far-fetched example of this: because the bylaws don't say anything about web sites, clubs are herefore prohibited from having web sites.

I would bet a lot of money on one thing. Any decision that the SCYSA makes will never reference their mission of administering, developing, and promoting youth soccer. Again, I think that you are an honorable and well-meant person. But in the last few years I've seen SCYSA registered membership declining and I have seen absolutely nothing that leads me to believe that foremost in the minds of the "inner-circle", or even second-most, is a driving passion for delivering on the SCYSA mission.

With regard to bylaws, I predict that they will completely ignore the bylaw that kdlsc posted earlier: Bylaw 214, Section1 (4): provide and coordinate opportunities for every player under its jurisdiction to participate in soccer at the developmental, intermediate, and advanced levels.

If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. I'd be absolutely amazed if I have to apologize.

I guess the silver lining is that I don't have to apologize.

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
If the board were true soccer people, the decision made would not have been.Rhetorical questions are really a low blow but I think this board deserves all the can get.

Someone told me they saw the board doing Coerver but I never believed it.

I also know that Van has very little authority with this board regardless of what you say.

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
And another thing. What are the qualifications for being on the board?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard