Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just thinking about part of my last post.

Sounds like I was being critical of SCYSA over transparancy and communication.

I think I need to add to that--in the interest of fairness.

I DO believe that the board could do a better job of communicating with the the broader soccer community. I said that many times while I was on the board.

However, in fairness to them, the task is enormous, in part because so many people want their questions/problems addressed--NOW.

One board member tracked his e-mails (not counting regular mail, telephone calls and other forms of communication). If I remember correctly, he had over 21,000 in-coming e-mails relating to soccer business during one year.

Again comes down to volunteers trying to serve The Game on a part-time basis. It is not easy.

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
What better way to judge a person's motives than by their actions. I think we all know the power to rhetoric to persuade or dissuade from reality or true intentions.Don't have to look far to see that.

Chico, I thought your "challenge with respect to political infuence" was interesting. I have some thoughts of my own on this but I'd like to wait to hear your take first.

Be careful with the language boys. I've already been scolded.

coach
coach
SCYSA is not a secret organization, that can operate in secrecy from its member groups. The last time I checked it is composed and funded by member organizations throughout the state. All member clubs are under the umbrella of this organization. Therefore, all member clubs should be seriously involved and informed about this issue. This is not a peripheral issue as are probably 90% of those 21,000 e-mail issues. This is an issue that needs to be openly discussed and decided.....not in this forum of course, but openly among its member groups who deserve to know the facts , who deserve to know the 'allegations' not revealed in the prior posted complaint. All state members need to be concerned with the tactics being employed by one of its fellow member clubs in a blatant attempt to serve, not the kids in this community, but to serve its own best interests. I pray upon the SCYSA board members that you put the interests of the kids in our community first, before you consider the interests of a particular club. Soccer will not grow and prosper in this community if special club interests are allowed to rule over the interests of the kids. It does take a special degree of concern and interest for what is best for the kids who play the game; and not for the club officials who desire that their club be the biggest and only option in the community. I hope the devoted, dedicated board members of SCYSA express their concern for the kids and not for just one club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker:

While I might argue with some of the details of your post, I am in agreement with the overall sentiment.

Let me just say that I'm pretty sure that the SCYSA board will do what they think is in the best interest of youth soccer players. I think that they always try to stay focused on that.

Keep that in mind if and when we find out what their decision is.

If it goes the way you want, it will be easy for you to conclude that they voted in favor of the kids and put the big bad club in its place.

If the decision does not go the way you want, you may conclude that SCYSA doesn't care about the kids and were coerced by the big bad club.

I hope you see the fallacy.

C
goal
goal
C
Just a quick question. How many of you have read the minutes that are posted on the SCYSA board? You can learn a lot about all the clubs by what is out there for you to read...

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
Where are the minutes?

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Beat me to it. I've been searching the SCYSA site and don't see the minutes.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
In response to "Big Mike"'s question, I can't find the minutes on the new site.

coach
coach
I don't know where Chapindad is coming from on that. Unless he means you can learn a lot about various clubs by going to individual club websites. But I don't think clubs post minutes there either.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[thomaspietras] If it goes the way you want, it will be easy for you to conclude that they voted in favor of the kids and put the big bad club in its place.

If the decision does not go the way you want, you may conclude that SCYSA doesn't care about the kids and were coerced by the big bad club.

I hope you see the fallacy.<<

I see the fallacy you note. Do you see the implied tautology in what you're stating that the SCYSA can't make a mistake?

Is it outside of the bounds of all expectations that such a decision might actually be explained and discussed in light of the mission of the SCYSA?

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard