Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Brace
Brace
No kidding cold, I thought the same thing when reading over this verdict.

How will this affect Bridge FA since they are an alliance of the Lowcountry clubs? Any problems there as a result of this ruling?

S
coach
coach
S
By this ruling, there is no room for doubt -- Bridge FA as defined on its web site is absolutely dead since it is by definition an alliance of clubs; the SCYSA has ruled that all SCYSA registered parts of a club must be stand-alone by their very nature.

Can Bridge FA go underground with continuing "implicit" agreements by JIYSC and SSC not to field challenge and above teams? It's possible -- but it would be against both the letter and the spirit of the SCYSA ruling.

It ought to make recruiting new members of the alliance particularly challenging. "Uh...excuse me MPSC and CUSC...would you mind not fielding any challenge or premier teams from now on so that we can force all of the better players to go to our club? Unfortunately, any financial deals or publicity are strictly forbidden, and if we're caught trying to get you to do this then the SCYSA can sanction any of your SCYSA teams...but hey, pretty please with sugar on it."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably not since they are in the low country working w/ teams in their district.

This is just another way for NECSA to get ahead w/ out doing any work. **** poor in my book. Just **** poor. CESA and CRSA should go to US Club Soccer.

SCREW NECSA and SCYSA. For the good of the game my butt.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Bridge FA dead? Wow, what a ruling. I guess NECSA/CSC is quite proud that they've affected the 2 best clubs in the state. If I thought there was any way that the new club could be anywhere close to the quality of CESA and Bridge, it wouldn't be so bad. But by the very fact that they submitted the complaint to the state says to me that instead of 2 mediocre clubs, there will now be one bigger mediocre club NOT serving the youth in the state.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
No - they have not crossed any district boundaries as CESA was trying to do.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Now I know I am an idiot. I just read the complaint and CESA bylaws. NECSA's claim that CESA ONLY mentions membership in Greenville Co. is positively false. This is what scares me about the powers that be. CESA says their main office will be Greenville. They do not say to be a member you have to live in Greenville.

S
coach
coach
S
soccersmylife: Read the ruling again. No partnerships, regardless of district boundaries.

Specifically from the decision:

*SCYSA does not recognize the “partnership” between any SCYSA clubs. Each and every SCYSA club is an organization member of SCYSA and responsible for its own individual members and their own actions, as noted in SCYSA Bylaws 211, 212 and 231.

*All SCYSA clubs, including CESA, will immediately cease the advertising or promoting of a “partnership” with any other SCYSA clubs.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
If I understand what Bridge FC is about, they are dead. Do they cater to all levels and ages of players within their District?

S
coach
coach
S
kdlsc: No, only challenge and premier level players.

S
goal
goal
S
Again everybody, US club soccer will embrace everything CESA stands for: I'm lovin it.

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard