Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kaiser:

You don't use your real name because you are afraid of retribution by the SCYSA board? I find that amusing on so many levels.

Chico:

I know you know this, but just to be clear--my opinions are the opinions of one former SCYSA board member. I don't speak for the board.

When I was on the board, sometimes I agreed with the others, sometimes I did not.

Time to go to work.

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
I actually think that the fact that the many of the SCYSA have "a true dislike" for the message board is not a positive attribute of someone in their position.
Let's remember that this Message Board is intended for use by the South Carolina High School Soccer Coaches Association. However, there is no doubt that the lines of prep soccer and club soccer probably cross boundaries moreso than any other youth athletics in the Palmetto State.

I am involved with both parties and I'm not tooting anyone's horn here, but there has been more discussion about the state of youth soccer in this state on this Message Board than in the 20+ years I've been involved with prep soccer and club soccer.

If a member of SCYSA "dislikes" this forum, then that is his/her prerogative -- they don't have to participate (either by posting or lurking).

O
OPG Offline
throw in
throw in
O
quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
>>[Chapindad] Just to clear up one point. Chris Christian resigned AFTER the CESA announcement and never before hand. As team manager I have the dated resignation. Eddie did resign first. I know this doesn't make any difference. Chico always likes the facts exactly right so I wanted to make sure that is clear, because I wouldn't want anyone accusing him of being one sided in his facts.<<

Actually, I really appreciate this (thanks for going off sabatical on this subject). I was told something else (please note, Chapindad, that I'm not saying that you're wrong -- I'm just saying I was told something else.) I'll look into it. If I'm wrong I'll do what I've done before and apologize (unfortunately, it appears that the last time I apologized profusely that I was lied to, but that doesn't mean I can't be wrong and again apologize on another issue). I can promise you it won't be the first time I've been wrong.

The bitterness that oozes out of every post with regard to Chico is palpable but not entirely understandable. You guys won; the SCYSA is doing as you wished. Columbia kids don't appear that they will have a local CESA option.

Chapindad, I really have tried to back off your posts. For example, the other day you said Wando was made up of mostly the MPSC U17G team. It actually isn't (there are more MPSC U16G players on the team than MPSC U17G by a bit less than a 2-to-1 margin), but I thought that no matter how nicely I tried to correct it that you wouldn't appreciate it.

I do like facts. If and when I'm wrong (or one-sided in your parlance) in my understanding of facts, I hope that people will counter with other facts. You've done so above. I'll investigate and if I'm wrong, call out my mistake and issue the apology.

And to chime here on the MPSC U-16 Girls, 1/4 of the team are U-15 players playing up. The makeup of the team consists of girls from Daniel Island, Summerville, Goose Creek, West Ashley, Mt. Pleasant & Sullivans Island. They represent Bishop England, Wando, West Ashley, Academic Magnet, Summerville, and Goose Creek. Oops, it looks like the best way to be competitive at a higher level is to draw the best players together from a larger area. Darn, I hate when that happens! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Wink]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim,

I guess I could be on the SCYSA BOD, B/C , "I find them amusing on so many levels." I guess we are even.

SCYSA chose "SCORE" as our sponsor, enough said.

PS It's KEY SER, not German, Hungarian!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hun:

What is wrong with SCORE? Its cheap, it doesn't wear well and it doesn't look good. what more do you want in an official sportswear?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
YOu hit the nail on the head "It's cheap"

Brace
Brace
SCORE is awful and embarrassing. Amazing that it represents SC. That's one reason why SC is not taken seriously by college coaches and other states in RIII due to our opting for the cheapest attire possible!

Goal
Goal
Where is Chico?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCORE is just plain bad. I can't believe anyone would try and defend why we use them? ESP when the other states use the following:

NC: Kelme
TN: Diadora
AL: adidas
NT: Nike

Well WV does use score so we are on par w/ WV.

S
coach
coach
S
Cola Fan: I'm here...I just don't have an opinion on the kits the SCYSA uses.

I was hoping I'd get a response to my question concerning my "anger" being misplaced...but it doesn't look hopeful...

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard