Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Chico,
That's what I thought. So wouldn't they be in violation of 214, Section1 (4)?

4) provide and coordinate opportunities for every player under its jurisdiction to participate in soccer at the developmental, intermediate, and advanced levels;

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Bridge FA is a SCYSA club. From a SCYSA perspective, they are not affiliated in any way with SSC or JIYSC any more. Just like CESA is in no way affiliated with the old clubs from which it came. I'm pretty sure that CESA could easily get themselves registered with another name in the Midstate District. They just need to follow the rules, and not make unilateral announcements without filling out the proper SCYSA paperwork.

The SCYSA year runs from August to August. Don't be surprised to see a new club registered sometime this summer, in time for the 2006 / 07 season.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
This one would be a good question for the Bridge president.I know he has had posts on this site before.MPSC and CUSC will not join any alliance that only caters to a chosen few

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
On the other hand, Bridge does appear to be in violation of 214, Section 1 (4).

But so is every other club that does not provide development at the classic or challenge level. There are a lot of rec-only SCYSA clubs.

S
coach
coach
S
lurker: Respectfully, you are missing the point. This part of the decision isn't about CESA going into Columbia, it's is about the CESA/CRSA partnership to work together to go after underpriviledged/at risk kids. Specifically, it's the two decisions specified below

*SCYSA does not recognize the “partnership” between any SCYSA clubs. Each and every SCYSA club is an organization member of SCYSA and responsible for its own individual members and their own actions, as noted in SCYSA Bylaws 211, 212 and 231.

*All SCYSA clubs, including CESA, will immediately cease the advertising or promoting of a “partnership” with any other SCYSA clubs.

that outlaw anything but stand-alone SCYSA clubs. You can go register all the SCYSA clubs you want, but they can't be in a partnership of any form with any other club with regard to SCYSA registered entities [e.g., teams, tournaments, etc.]

Here's the text describing the club structure of Bridge FA from the Bridge FA web site:

Club Structure

Bridge FA represents an alliance between area soccer clubs which will provide opportunities for the top tier (challenge-level) players at each alliance member club to train and compete together.

Because the motivation for the club itself stems from a desire to "include" everyone in the area, an invitation was extended to all local clubs to join the Bridge FA Alliance. One of the founding principles of the alliance is that member clubs will not offer Challenge or higher-level teams at their respective clubs and instead will serve as a feeder program for the BRIDGE FA which will begin training and competition for players in the U-13 age group for both boys and girls. This will allow players at the younger age groups to continue to have the opportunity to develop and train at their local club without having to travel outside of their community. Then, as competition and development requirements become more demanding at the older ages, that is when these players will unite under BRIDGE FA.

The alliance was formally created when the executive boards of SSC and JIYSC agreed to move forward. An open invitation has been extended to the other clubs in the area, but all players are always welcome to tryout for a chance to play for BRIDGE FA - regardless of former club or city of residence. It is only together, that any of us can hope to compete at the highest levels.

Summerville Soccer Club and James Island Youth Soccer joined the Bridge Futbol Alliance after recognizing that there was a group of players that could not be fully developed within the current structure. SSC and JIYSC are very proud of our ability to develop players from recreation, through classic, and into challenge play. However, there is a level of play and development, that can only be reached by players routinely training and playing with the best players in the area. Bridge FA, provides an avenue for these players to continue their personal development. Further, Bridge FA, allows SSC and JIYSC to independently operate and service a community based soccer program for the Summerville area and James Island. The combined clubs and Bridge FA working cooperatively can now provide the most comprehensive soccer development for players from the Summerville and James Island area. Both are proud to be a charter member of the Bridge Futbol Alliance

Darren Sweet, VP SSC & Dan Morrison, VP JIYSC

goal kick
goal kick
quote:
orignially posted by Chico:

Club Structure

Bridge FA represents an alliance between area soccer clubs which will provide opportunities for the top tier (challenge-level) players at each alliance member club to train and compete together.

Because the motivation for the club itself stems from a desire to "include" everyone in the area, an invitation was extended to all local clubs to join the Bridge FA Alliance. One of the founding principles of the alliance is that member clubs will not offer Challenge or higher-level teams at their respective clubs and instead will serve as a feeder program for the BRIDGE FA which will begin training and competition for players in the U-13 age group for both boys and girls. This will allow players at the younger age groups to continue to have the opportunity to develop and train at their local club without having to travel outside of their community. Then, as competition and development requirements become more demanding at the older ages, that is when these players will unite under BRIDGE FA.

The alliance was formally created when the executive boards of SSC and JIYSC agreed to move forward. An open invitation has been extended to the other clubs in the area, but all players are always welcome to tryout for a chance to play for BRIDGE FA - regardless of former club or city of residence. It is only together, that any of us can hope to compete at the highest levels.

Summerville Soccer Club and James Island Youth Soccer joined the Bridge Futbol Alliance after recognizing that there was a group of players that could not be fully developed within the current structure. SSC and JIYSC are very proud of our ability to develop players from recreation, through classic, and into challenge play. However, there is a level of play and development, that can only be reached by players routinely training and playing with the best players in the area. Bridge FA, provides an avenue for these players to continue their personal development. Further, Bridge FA, allows SSC and JIYSC to independently operate and service a community based soccer program for the Summerville area and James Island. The combined clubs and Bridge FA working cooperatively can now provide the most comprehensive soccer development for players from the Summerville and James Island area. Both are proud to be a charter member of the Bridge Futbol Alliance

Darren Sweet, VP SSC & Dan Morrison, VP JIYSC
[/QB]

goal kick
goal kick
What I meant to post after the quote re the Bridge was that I do not see how the Bridge can exist under the logic and rule of the latest SCYSA ruling. It is troubling that such a decision was made without all affected clubs being present in the proceeding. I suppose this decision technically applies only to CESA, but now how could the rules be applied otherwise.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
The ruling states that a "team" may train at any field. It does not say a "club" may train at any field. CESA does not train one "team" in total at a time in Cola. They train multiple age groups from various teams at one time. According to this ruling CESA must stop training in Columbia, unless the training is of a "team" with over 50% of the members being from the upstate district.

S
coach
coach
S
LeGrazie: I agree with every point that you raised save one. When you say "I suppose this decision technically applies only to CESA, but now how could the rules be applied otherwise." -- actually the technical language is quite clear, to wit:

*All SCYSA clubs, including CESA, will immediately cease the advertising or promoting of a “partnership” with any other SCYSA clubs.

Note the language -- they specifically went out of their way to require all SCYSA clubs with CESA mentioned as only a subclause. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

I've been for Bridge FA since the day it was announced (see my every posting on this subject). I do not take any pleasure in pointing out the obvious clarity of the language that the SCYSA is using.

If you're wondering why the SCYSA addressed it when it wasn't raised in Ron Tryon's original complaint, it's because [I'm told by incredibly reliable sources] that Ron Tryon raised an objection to partnerships in the actual complaint meeting and added the elimination of partnerships to his list of demands to the SCYSA.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I agree - it does sound like CESA cannot hold training sessions in Cola anymore.
Can someone please explain to me how this could hurt NECSA/CSC other than being territorial? Can someone please explain it to me so that it doesn't sound completely petty?

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard