Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I am a Ref that had Travelled down to call some of the U-13& U-14 games.I happen to be staying at this hotel, which had several teams staying and only brought the Bridge team up because i continuly had them running into me as the ran wildly up the halls. I look forward to having a few u-13 games back here in SC this Spring . See ya on the fields

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
uncovering ulterior motives you're really Magnum P.I. aren't ya.

goal
goal
BD,

I can only speculate on the naming of The Bridge FA teams. As most of the teams in the U13 league call themselves "92" something or other, and the Bridge FA uses the terms "Gold" and "Red" (versus Premier and Challenge at CESA) to differentiate their teams playing in the same division, I am guessing that this keeps things consistent for them (The Bridge).

To answer one of your questions, the true U13 team is "Bridge FA 92 Boys Gold," while the true U12 team (playing U13) is "Bridge FA 92 Boys Red.

If they (the Reds) stay in the U13 division next year, maybe they will change their name to "93." I don't know.

I don't think naming themselves 92s has anything to do with any trickery (not saying that you were suggesting that) because I think that they would surprise teams more if the teams they were playing thought beforehand that the boys were just a bunch of "little kids." Of course, this might also work in their favor....if a team did not know any better, they might think the 92 Reds were a typical U13 team....see them, and think, "wow, they sure are small...this should be an easy game"...and, then they get a shock. I guess you could look at it several different ways.

Again, just speculation.

goal
goal
Nastra,

The only things I have in common with Magnum P.I. are his good looks, love of fast cars, and awesome acting skills.

Okay, two out of three ain't so bad....

Didn't mean to make it sound so 007.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Daddy,

From what I have been told Bridge Red is 92 because Bridge FA was unsure about SCYSA allowing a team to play up a year in the clubs first year of existence. I think you will see them as Gold 93 next season.

scsoccer933,

Sorry for the bumping. They are fast kids with a lot of energy. I know for a fact that there were more than just Bridge players playing up and down the halls. Kids will be kids as I'm sure you know. Did you ref any of our games? Just curious if you held back any calls because of the running. See you on the fields.

Nastradamus, I'm way more like Magnum P.I than Belligerent...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I did U-13 and U14 And i would never hold back calls due to personal issues. The Job at hand is the Game and not determing the outcome with personal feelings. The Kids will decide the outcome not a Ref crue I am a part of.

No hard feelings toward Bridge I agree other kids were running the hall just not thru adults and showing no respect.

Good Luck this season look Forward to Warmer weather and Less Rain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....

world cup
world cup
....and what happens in Atlanta obviously makes it onto these boards!

933 sounds pretty cool. I'm sure he/she's not looking to stick it to The Bridge come state cup time. Congrats on winning that tournament....Big Daddy has a lot respect for (and bad memories of) that Little Brasil team.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Vapor,
Are you sure they won't be SSC 93 Gold next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the bad memories but Little Brazil is a great team. The only team that really moved the ball well on us during the tournament. I can't see the future but I'm sure they will be Bridge FA 93 Boys Gold next year.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard