Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I don't want to start anything but...
Be careful with the idea that kids will be kids. That is exactly what the parents said when I attended expulsion hearings for 4 students who were drinking rum and smoking cigs.(though another student has since told me that was to cover up the pot)on a school field trip.

oh well, throw your life away because kids will be kids.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Yes - I have read studies where running in the hallways of hotels leads to drug use. Please. This is the "Broken Window" theory taken to the extreme. Any parent who would explain away alcohol, nicotine and possibly drug use by their children as "kids being kids," will likely get what they deserve, and unfortunately, so will their kids. Kids running in the hallway with their best buds, on a road-trip, with their parents, family and coaches along...who hasn't done that? I'll tell you who - the same kids whos parents think their alcohol, nicotine and drug use is childs-play - as I doubt those parents were involved in their lives to the degree required for this type of family commitment. These kids have been exemplary sportsman when we have played them. And I'll bet each of them got an infraction appropriate talking to by their parents/coaches. Thats what happens when you spend a lot of time with your kids - you get to be a Parent.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
agreed cheer - good post. the bridge kids are probably just like any other kids. ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that you have started anything, but to go from winning a platinum level soccer tournament by a bunch of 11 year olds to drinking rum, smoking cigs and pot are at totally opposite ends of the spectrum in my analogy of kids being kids. You should start another post and call it rehab and suicide prevention, since I'm throwing my life away.

J
world cup
world cup
J
And all this time..we've been wasting money on Anti-Pot/Cig/Booze ads and arresting drug lords.. when we should have been sedating kids with Ritalin ..waaait..

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
JERRY SPRINGER...PLAYERS,ALCOHOL and HOTELS

Congrats on a successful weekend!!

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I was at a tournament a few weeks ago and many of the kids were "being kid". Running around the hotel and restaurant. Holding a fork over a candle and burning others on the team with it. Making an absolute mess with everything on the table. Know what they had in common? Their parents were having multiple drinks. Coincidence? maybe, maybe not. You don't know me and I don't know you., but I have been around soccer in SC since the mid 70's. I have coached rec., club, and high school. I have played at all those levels plus college. Guess what. There is a lot of alcohol and drug use going on in society and believe it or not, soccer players are involved.. The parents that let their children run around and disturb others are the ones that tend to keep that attitude when they get older.

J
world cup
world cup
J
So..what year did you graduate from Bob Jones?

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
that's funny. Dr. Bob should rot in hell for all I care. shoes that you don't know me at all.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Well of course I don't know you. But I've met people that attend(ed) BJU..and your logic..or lack there of is quite similar.

I've been a kid..and seen kids in resturants.. I've seen rich kids and poor kids.. kids with parents that drink beer..and parents that drink mixed drinks.. parents that don't drink. You can't make those kinds of generalizations and associations.. I mean..you can.. but people are going to call you on it.

This is all about kids running in a hotel.. blown WAY out of proportion.

Edit: Yeah..I thought it was quite clever also. Thanks. I credit my impeccable wit to my sober parents.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard