Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
From what I've been told - BFC: Shoecarnival defeated Val's Team (who was previously 32-0 over three seasons in the Tuesday night league) 8-3. All of Val's goals came while BFC was down a man. I'm yet to see Jess Maki play but apparently he was huge for BFC in odd man situations. Robert Hunter (Furman) lead in scoring (I believe) - BFC: Shoecarnival played Gol De Oro tonight, but I don't have any word of the result so far.

BFC's co-ed squad begins play this Sunday at 6:50 against Wild Wings. While BFC's Sunday Men's team faces Bearcats at 8:30pm.

Need to get a finalized roster for the Sunday men's team, but there will be a lot of familiar/solid players.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
BFC: Shoecarnival - 7
Gol De Oro - 4

Unofficial statistics:
Andreas Gioia - 2 goals, 2 assist
Nathan Arroyo - 2 goals
Robert Hunter - 2 goals

Josh Settle and Austin Moody split time in goal. Each gave-up two goals.

coach
coach
who-me,
I agree that it will be a long, boring summer having to hear all these BFC stats and victories. I think the League needs to be made aware that these alleged 'BFC star-stacked teams', were given enducements of all the post-game apple juice boxes they can consume, and unlimited Cheetos and peanut M&Ms to play for BFC.
I think BFC needs to be treated like the Yankees or Barry Bonds or the Clemson Tigers.............
"BOO" them every time they take the field.

The League also needs to investigate the alleged 'sponsor'
of BFC and if there are any kickbacks involved from the ladies shoe department-
http://www.shoecarnival.com/Catalog/Womens.aspx

Last edited by 2004striker; 05/30/07 03:23 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
2004 Striker

The real question is will all their parents stay up late enough to show up and make a victory 'tunnel' for them after the game?

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
goal kick
goal kick
Hey, is that blonde on that pops from the side on the link you posted Jess? I thought he got his hair cut?

coach
coach
who,
I don't know. It could be. I also wonder if BFC players got free shoes from shoecarnival? We will see if BFC continues to boast of their success after they are taken down by Columbia Notebook in their next game.

Last edited by 2004striker; 06/01/07 12:11 PM.
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Well, all combined BFC squads are 4-0 through the first week of play at the Plex.

Tonight BFC Co-ed beat Wild Wings 4-2(?).

Then later in the evening Sunday BFC Men's beat "Bearcats" 14-2(?).

Majority of the goals for both BFC squads scored by Robert Hunter. I know KC Dunbaker and myself also scored, probably Andreas and Kyle Paradise.

Sunday BFC Men's roster:
Daniel Maddox
Kyle Paradise
Mike Czlinski(sp)
Ben Pritchard
KC Dunbaker
Andreas Gioia
Jack Rozier
Josh Settle
Kyle Tyler
Jonathan Zurcher
Robert Hunter
Kyle Crawford
Stiles Harper

So things are shaping up nicely - looked like a rough night for Big Time United (x-BC guys) against Coca-Cola. Always is though..

goal kick
goal kick
Looks like Ben's Boys continue...

By the way, I like the way the Plex posts red cards for everyone to see. Might help keep some tempers under control.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
BTW - BFC: Shoecarnival won 10-3 the other night against the first place team. 10 goals without Robert Hunter. Cheers.

coach
coach

PRESS RELEASE:
As a result of BFC's unfair dominance at the Plex, United has decided to interrupt its Asian Tour and fly to Columbia on July 19 for a Friendly little match and 'stomp down' v. BFC:
United Pre-Season Games Confirmed-
The Reds have confirmed eight pre-season fixtures in preparation for the 2007/08 campaign as United look to defend the Premiership title.

United have three games as part of the 2007 Asia Tour (and a brief thrashing of BFC), with five further matches back in Britain, which includes the friendly at Old Trafford against Internazionale and the Community Shield clash with Chelsea at Wembley, a rematch of the FA Cup final there in May.

The final two matches see United XI sides take on Glentoran in Belfast and Dunfermaline in Edinburgh.

Full Pre-Season Fixtures
17 July v Urawa Red Diamonds (A)
19 July v. BFC Shoecarnival (Plex)
20 July v FC Seoul (A)
23 July v Shenzhen Xiangxue Eisiti (A)
1 August v Internazionale (H)
3 August v Doncaster (A)
5 August v Chelsea (Wembley)
8 August v Glentoran (Belfast) – United XI
8 August v Dunfermaline (Edinburgh) – United XI

Last edited by 2004striker; 06/07/07 01:31 PM.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard