Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
Upstatemom: The answer to your question is in today's topic: "Shannon Forest Christian Soccer Camps" from Kevin Heise

S
coach
coach
S
>>[coldhardtruth] I can see clubs charging more for challenge than classic but I do not understand why clubs charge more for premier play..Aren't these challenge teams that has placed first or second in state?<<

I can only respond with respect to CESA since that's the only club with premier and challenge teams with which I am familiar.

At CESA, a Premier team is not a Challenge team that placed first or second in the state. A Premier team is the most competitive team in an age bracket and gender. A Challenge team is the second most competitive. I've seen the case where Challenge teams play in premier league (RIIIPL-East) as well as the Premier team.

>>Does the training really change?<<

I know that Premier players are expected to train at minimum three times per week while Challenge players are expected to train at minimum twice a week. I believe that at least part of the pricing differential is based on the cost of training.

But...one of the things I think is great about CESA is that they have an open training environment -- you can train as much as you like with any team that you like over and above your team training.

>>Why pay more for challenge teams playing at the premier level.<<

Again -- with regard to CESA club-related fees, Challenge teams playing in RIIIPL-East don't pay more.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Chico,
I like the open training enviroment..I think all clubs could benefit from doing this.So the way I understand this is CESA has four levels of play..
Premier,Challenge,Classic and Rec?What I have seen is once the Challenge teams qualify for RIIIPL the cost for training is increased and these teams are considered Premier because of the league they play in.What I am saying is the clubs do not have a Premier level but instead have a challenge level with teams in the Premier league

S
coach
coach
S
>>[coldhardtruth] I like the open training enviroment<<

Yes; I absolutely think it's one of the best things about CESA. Of course, I know that others have done it as well -- Justin Rhodes was great about it with his Aiken Fire team.

>>CESA has four levels of play..Premier,Challenge,Classic and Rec?<<

I think it's five levels now: Premier, Challenge, Classic, High School Prep, and Recreation.

>>What I am saying is the clubs do not have a Premier level but instead have a challenge level with teams in the Premier league<<

I understand...I didn't know some clubs did this.

B
goal
goal
B
I would think that most clubs would allow additional training. However at times it's complicated if the training costs are per team instead of per player. The dreaded parent trap then gets going and "why is little Johnnie training with our team, he hasn't paid part of our training fees."

As for the semantics of the "Premier" team. Again some of the parent trap. What defines a premier team? As Chico said it's the most competitive team. As for the parent trap part, why call it Premier if it's playing in the same league with the Challenge teams? Some parents like to see more concrete examples, therefore it's somewhat driven by the league. Regardless, I think every club has what they consider the most competitive team in the age group.

Some clubs really struggle with the multiple teams in an age group. I mean, after all, how could little Johnnie not be on the 1st, A, Purple, Black, Premier, or whatever the club calls the most competitive team. You know that parents are the most objective evaluators of talent when it comes to the age group their child participates in.

The beauty of all this, our society is based on choice. If you don't like your situation, you have the choice to move on to one where you think you will be happy. Of course, some people are never satisfied.

world cup
world cup
I think most DOC's see the benefit of an "A" team and a "B" team when you have two teams in the same age bracket.

What about first time out of the blocks though? Say your club starts at U-11, do you balance the teams this first year and give them comparable support (coaching)? Let "social Darwinism" run its course. Or, do you divide them from the start A & B?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I do not belive any parent is satisfied unless their son or daughter is a starter on the best championship team.As far as mutiple teams at the same playing level...there is the first or Premier team and then there's the pool team in case some players show talent to move up or if injuries occur..Most are not trying out for the second team so I would bet to say that the player and parent are not satisfied..As far as choice goes..I think this is going to play a bigger role in the future with the costs for training.Parents are going to have to look at what their child is getting for their dollar.Most expensive is not always best for every player

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hurst...interesting question.

My opinion....it depends. If you have enough like players then certainly make 2 teams that are equal.

If you do not, then you should have an A and B. I equate this with school where the advanced kids take advanced classes. This way you do not lose time trying to teach (or coach) down.

However, as with school, the B team should be given the training necessary to eventually be an A.

Therefore in my book, you separate until those that can catch up... do.

Easier said than done....

J
bench
bench
J
Futbol: That was my point from earlier If players are not given the opportunity to develop with the coaching that the club assisns then what is the point of Classic, Challenge, or even Premier? or A,B,C. we had Classic kids that played both Fall and Spring @ CESA and were told not to waste there time even trying out for Challenge. 2 of which were former Challenge(B) team players. of a 16 player roster only 2 kids were instructed to "try-out" for the next level.

world cup
world cup
OPEN practices but RESTRICTED tryouts....doesn't sound right to me. I imagine the kids were "advised" not to try out, not "prevented" from trying out, right?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard