Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
bench
bench
J
Not prevented but our coach went to the Kids and Parents and told them that the Coach of the next level only wanted to look at them(2).

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
James... unlike Chico I liked Rollerball...

I cannot answer fo CESA, I know that for clubs to have 2 teams playing in the same league (i.e. challenge) you must expect that the teams will perform at the appropriate level and not need to moved down a level. I know of only one CESA Challenge team in classic level (I do not remember the age and I do not know if they did not have the numbers)

I also know within Bridge and CESA (which are basically the only clubs to have this arrangement at older ages) the so called B team has beaten the A team.

So in my mind the talent is somewhat equal. Now you get into the way a particular coach sees the game. This is entirely missed by many. Since not all of us see the same things the same way, it would be logical that coaches see things differently. Style of play and current players dictate what you need to do.

Long story short, all players should have been assessed equally and then the selection should have been done with the requirements of the assigned coach.

Allowing a player the opportunity to showcase should not be predetermined (although we all have our bias), who knows...you may find out you are wrong.

It has happened before.

Good Luck.

S
coach
coach
S
futbol(soccer): I questioned Jimmy's work in "Las Vegas"; I would never, ever question that paragon of gratuitous violence that was "Rollerball."

S
coach
coach
S
>>[James Caan] we had Classic kids that played both Fall and Spring @ CESA and were told not to waste there time even trying out for Challenge. 2 of which were former Challenge(B) team players. of a 16 player roster only 2 kids were instructed to "try-out" for the next level.<<

>>Not prevented but our coach went to the Kids and Parents and told them that the Coach of the next level only wanted to look at them(2).<<

Okay...I think I'm getting the picture. Let me recap: the challenge and classic coach get together and do a review of players, that the coaches only identified two players on classic that they thought would have a good chance of making challenge and then let those two players know their opinion. That part seems okay, right? I know that it's a policy to make sure that coaches don't try to make their teams better by preventing kids from moving to more competitive teams and coaches at different levels are supposed to talk to each other about kids they think have a good possibility of moving to different teams.

The problem as I'm reading your note is the possible exclusion of the other kids on the classic team. The crux of this is whether the other kids were told "...we don't want you to go to challenge tryouts..." I would think it's okay not to give the other kids some type of false encouragement (which would be dishonest and lack integrity), but it's not okay to tell them that they can't go to tryouts or even shouldn't go to tryouts. Now...if a kid walks up to the coach and asks for the coach's opinion, then the coach should give an honest assessment. But if the coach is telling the other players they don't have a chance and shouldn't tryout then that's crossing a very big line.

If the kids were told they couln't go to tryouts, that seems like it would be absolutely wrong and whatever coach told them that should be reported to the executive directors via e-mail or telephone or in person. If that's what occurred, I'd encourage you to report the coach. If you want to remain anonymous and don't have a mechanism to report them, then PM me with the information from your anonymous screen name and I'll report them for you.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
chico...much better than the new version...

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
quote:
Originally posted by The Fan:
There is a cheaper club than that...Lower Lexington.

GVL...I agree with you

this is true but one of the girls youth team has done well in the past few years. the fee last year was only 125 for the guys.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
I've been involved with St. Giles, St. Giles United and now CESA and I would be VERY surprised if a player was told not to try out...this sounds like something that was taken out of context. I can believe that if a parent approached a childs coach that the coach would give them an honest opinion about that childs level of play...from that coaches opinion...but I highly doubt they would tell them not to try out...just my opinion from my experience.

swanseawinger20...the initial fee is only the slightest tip of the iceberg if you are looking at the real cost of travel soccer. Unless they are playing in t-shirts and gym shorts and never travel out of town...telling them that the cost is $ 125 just doesn't cover all of the costs...not even close.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
it did for the boys team but we were demoted to a recreational team. reason being why we ended the season 8-0-1

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
the girls were actually a real classic team and they did travel. correction i was wrong

Goal
Goal
I'd be interested to know the fees for the upcoming classic fall season for the different clubs. What are they?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard