Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#62894 06/02/06 05:07 PM
goal
goal
Classic tryouts are this coming week I believe.( for CESA)

#62895 06/02/06 06:06 PM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
As far as I know, the CESA showcase was open to any and all challenge/premier teams.

#62896 06/02/06 06:58 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Chico--"In reading your postings in the past---". Wow, I didn't know my VERY few posts (unlike your many, many, many--Can you go over that "Straw Man Fallacy" one again--that one always makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over!)have made it on your radar screen but I guess those of us who don't fall in step with you and your views seem to stick out like a sore thumb on this board.
I realize that as Mininster of Propaganda for CESA, it is your duty to call into question anyone that may question the intentions or integrity (or lack thereof) of any actions taken by your club but all I did was submit my observations from the weekend. As far as "reporting" the "dark and nefarious" recruiting(your words--not mine), that achieves no purpose--to identify the players and coach involved on this forum is not appropriate in my opinion. Again, I did not question the legality of this action--only reporting what I saw.

I applaud CESA and what they have done to raise the bar for soccer in SC--I just have not always agreed with the methods with which they have achieved those results.

#62897 06/02/06 08:17 PM
brace
brace
No one and no organization are perfect, but it never ceases to amaze me that those who work hard and and have high expectations invariably get attacked by those who just don't understand hard work and high expectations. CESA and those people running the club have been wonderful for my daughter—as a young woman and a soccer player. The CESA Showcase and all other efforts by the club for the teams to WIN at regionals are exemplary.

#62898 06/02/06 09:39 PM
S
coach
coach
S
futbol(soccer): I wondered the same thing last week. As noted by utsvolsiat1, classic tryouts are still on-going.

bruin: It was open to all clubs/teams. I asked and was told no one from the top SC clubs was rejected.

#62899 06/02/06 09:42 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[socdad] Chico--"In reading your postings in the past---". Wow, I didn't know my VERY few posts (unlike your many, many, many--Can you go over that "Straw Man Fallacy" one again--that one always makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over!)have made it on your radar screen but I guess those of us who don't fall in step with you and your views seem to stick out like a sore thumb on this board.<<

First of all, congratulations on responding. I realize that you had to "screw your courage to the sticking point" to do so and honestly appreciate it. This is either the third or fourth post you've made in the last few months where you made an allegation against CESA and the first time that you've responded to questions concerning some disparaging comment that you "observed." Secondly, anyone who makes allegations and then won't answer questions or defend what they are saying tend to "stick out like a sore thumb" to me. What I've noticed about you in the last few months is that you'll make a gratuitous insult or two concerning CESA, and then when asked about it fail to respond in any way whatsoever. Now...it's not that your line of thinking is objectionable in any way -- it's just that your style seems more suitable to a drunken hit and run driver than someone interested in reasoned [or even unreasoned] debate. But that's probably just me...

>>I realize that as Mininster of Propaganda for CESA, it is your duty to call into question anyone that may question the intentions or integrity (or lack thereof) of any actions taken by your club but all I did was submit my observations from the weekend.<<

Isn't that fascinating? You immediately launch into an ad hominem attack after previously talking about debating fallacies. Self-referential and deeply self-deprecating humor...great stuff!

>>As far as "reporting" the "dark and nefarious" recruiting(your words--not mine), that achieves no purpose--to identify the players and coach involved on this forum is not appropriate in my opinion. Again, I did not question the legality of this action--only reporting what I saw.<<

Well...let's make sure we understand precisely what you've done. You've come on a message board under the cloak of anonyminity and made an allegation against coaches and players but refuse to give any more detail. Why? You state that it would achieve no purpose -- your motives in not backing your claim are "not appropriate." However, it appears that you believe that it is appropriate for you to come on here and make an allegation which you're not willing to back up with either your identity or any other information? Your ethics are...somewhat dubious.

>>I applaud CESA and what they have done to raise the bar for soccer in SC--I just have not always agreed with the methods with which they have achieved those results.<<

Really? You "applaud" CESA? Look...I have no doubt that you have been applauding them and that somehow it's just escaped me. Let's take a small sample of what you've said over the last few months and understand what you consider applause:

• [socdad] Recruiting both coaches and players (being "in season" doesn't seem to matter to the ethical values of their leaders)appears to be the modus operandi at the present time and to see your club fall into this trap is distressing. [...] My question is this--how much did CESA pay to CRSA for you guys to sell your soul to the devil?
  • [socdad] FINALLY--Someone who is not drinking the "red" kool-aid! [...] Your comment in regards to CESA's attempt to set up shop in the Midlands "has nothing to do with increasing competition, and everything to do with minimizing competition and consolidating control" most likely has more merit than most folks would like to admit.
  • [socdad] Maybe we can have a "CESA I-95 Corridor" team (or CESA-Florence since it is the nearest "city") like "CESA-Columbia" since CESA has opened shop in Columbia to help the "underserved" kids in Columbia.

Now...I honestly looked for something...anything...that I could consider "applause." Didn't see it. Maybe you could point it out for me?

Who is the one spouting propaganda...the one who gets on a message board and debates with people or the one who hurls insults and innuendo, won't answer questions about those insults and innuendo, and then when he finally does respond refuses to back up anything he's said and makes claims that are demonstrably false [e.g., the thundering "applause" to which you refer]?

#62900 06/02/06 10:07 PM
X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
ouch

#62901 06/02/06 10:20 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
yowza .. props on the vocab: "demonstrably" forum word for the month of June.

#62902 06/03/06 12:12 AM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Chico
Propaganda--"trying to convince others that your side of the story is correct"
Thanks for making my point for me.
1100+ posts--sorry, I can't research all of those to further debate you--Get a life!

#62903 06/03/06 11:08 PM
E
erb Offline
bench
bench
E
socdad
I frequently read this board and it is absolutely refreshing to read you comments regarding the Cesa bias. It very obvious to any frequent or infrequent visitor to this forum that a Cesa bias is indeed reflected in the majority of the post. I commend you on your stance. You do not need to research 1100 post. There will be a new one everyday to make an example from.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard