Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#62904 06/04/06 12:12 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
..more like.

There used to be a NECSA/CFC voice here Chapindad. But dude left to start his own forum after so many run-ins with Chico.

You can't say there is a bias here just because no one has the stamina, knowledge, determination, etc..to hang with Chico.

I could careless either way (I have no affiliation in club soccer).. but I won't sit here while you attack the integrity of this forum..because you can't hang with the Fonz.

PS- I've never understood the "Get a life" after you've quit a debate/argument. Isn't there some saying about arguing with an idiot.. ..who the real idiot is..and what not?

#62905 06/04/06 01:43 AM
goal
goal
ya'll sound like your turning green.

#62906 06/05/06 04:08 AM
World Cup
World Cup
You boys are silly!

#62907 06/05/06 01:57 AM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[socdad] Propaganda--"trying to convince others that your side of the story is correct"<<

Stop a moment, take a deep breath, and think about your definition. If propaganda is simply trying to convince others that your side of the story is correct, then almost everything anyone says is propaganda. When you define something as coursely as that, it loses its meaning entirely.

Try this link for a more cogent definition and description of the word you're trying to use.

>>Thanks for making my point for me.
1100+ posts--sorry, I can't research all of those to further debate you--Get a life!<<

There are two ways I can interpret "get a life": (1) that you have a sincere concern that my making about one post a day for the last three years [on average] has hindered by ability to fully and completely live my life or (2) that you are either incapable or unwilling to directly address any point that I raised and are responding defensively hoping that casting aspersions makes you appear less pitiful.

I'll leave it to the reader to draw her or his own conclusions concerning your motivations.

#62908 06/05/06 01:58 AM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[erb] I frequently read this board and it is absolutely refreshing to read you comments regarding the Cesa bias. It very obvious to any frequent or infrequent visitor to this forum that a Cesa bias is indeed reflected in the majority of the post. I commend you on your stance. You do not need to research 1100 post. There will be a new one everyday to make an example from.<<

The "majority of the posts" on this message board reflect a CESA bias? The majority of the posts on this message board don't refer to CESA in any way, shape, or form. Heck, the majority of the posts on this message board are about boys high school soccer.

Did you even think about what you were writing before you posted?

Here's a hint on a way to reduce the "bias" found on this message board: post about the club you support. Don't sit back and expect others to do it for you and when they don't whine about "bias." You in particular don't have anything to be ashamed of -- Bridge did an amazing job in its first year.

#62909 06/05/06 02:00 AM
S
coach
coach
S
Whisky & Easy: Do you believe that you have any credibility whatsoever after having 2100+ posts on this message board! [Smile]

#62910 06/05/06 01:52 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
I really am going to stop "poking the bear with a stick" but this was a softball across the middle of the plate that I could not pass up. Chica--if you are going to "correct" me on my definitions, at least do it with the proper wording or you run the risk of the wording "losing its meaning entirely". I believe the proper wording is "coarsely" instead of "coursely"--but what do I know, I am "pitiful".

#62911 06/06/06 12:00 AM
goal kick
goal kick
I do love the verbal sparring!!!! But just reading as an outside observer (I do not pocess the intellect to engage in verbal jousting with most who post here so wisely), I think socdad was talking about the CESA bias that permeates the Club Soccer & ODP section of the entire message board.

Oh, by the way, is "Chica" just a Freudian slip of the fingers or what?????

#62912 06/07/06 04:02 AM
world cup
world cup
The "o" is nowhere near the "a" on my keyboard.

Here's a thread from the NC message boards on the NC '90 ODP vs. SC '90 ODP. Good job by the Palmetto State!

http://www.nc-soccer.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10626

#62913 06/07/06 04:31 AM
S
coach
coach
S
socdad: I made a spelling error. Obviously your entire argument is now valid. [Smile]

Flying Soccer: My guess is that socdad, who had a son playing for CSC, was attempting to insult me by calling me a girl. No entiendo...as I said, I'm guessing. However, it would be in keeping with the intellectual rigor of his other posts.

With regard to "bias." Let me make it clear -- I am absolutely biased toward anything that raises the level of SC soccer and makes SC more competitive against other states. I'm biased with respect to CESA because they are raising the level of soccer in this state. I'm biased with respect to Bridge because they are raising the level of soccer in this state. And while I've gone on record as not particularly liking the way that NECSA and the SCYSA got together and limited parental choice as an attempt to "stop CESA", I like the fact that CUFC formed and I hope that it raises the level of soccer in this state as well.

The reason for so much of the discussion in the club and ODP section of this message board being about CESA is relatively simple: (1) I know more about CESA than I do any other club, (2) CESA tends to make news [e.g., announcements, state championships, etc.] more often than any other club or even combination of clubs, and finally (3) I post about this.

As I said earlier, all it takes to eliminate "bias" on this message board in the club and ODP section is for people to quit whining about "bias" and start posting about the wonderful things that the clubs that they know the most about are doing to raise the level of soccer in SC...or even just what those clubs are doing regardless of the merits of their actions.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard