Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#62914 06/06/06 05:36 PM
Brace
Brace
To say the least, I was a little anti-CESA at the start. Got to give them credit for trying to pull together some continuity and options in SC. A little more than I can say for some of the York Cty folks.

#62915 06/06/06 06:37 PM
world cup
world cup
Import,

No doubt that if the Serbs, Croats and Bosnians got together in York County, the situation would improve. But let's not forget about the progress that has been made.

Chico mentions in his above post to "start posting about the wonderful things that the clubs.....are doing to raise the level of soccer in SC". The recent success of the Fort Mill and Northwestern HS boys and girls teams (and watch the Clover girls over the next few years) can be attributed to the Northside Soccer Club which was founded in 2000. Many of the players coming through the ranks either played for Northside, or were trained and coached by Northside trainers. Lou Pantuosco (now with CESA), Nick Finotti (Northwestern & Greenville), Jim Finnerty (FM girls), Mike Cahill (FM boys) and Cesar Robles (NW girls) all coached for Northside.

I'm not intending to take anything away from Discoveries, they deserve credit as well. Dom Wren has done a fine job with the NW boys and he currently coaches one of the best (rising) U-16 teams on the east coast. Discoveries can certainly take pride in the fact that they developed the 2006 4A boys state champions.

Just a little plug for the local folks who have been taking it on the chin recently.

#62916 06/06/06 09:47 PM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Socdad,
You tell Chico to "get a life" and then you criticize him about making a spelling error. How can you expect him to proofread his posts, which are usually like college essays, for misspelled words when he is trying to spend less time on the forum and instead "get a life"?

#62917 06/07/06 11:32 PM
goal kick
goal kick
I am not Chapindad in disguise, but I am a CUFC supporter and I don’t think that if there is any CESA bias shown or felt by anyone on this board that it is out of line. CESA is a great club with great results. They have many titles to back this up. Every other club in the state can’t wait to beat them. This year, I think CUFC is poised to give them a run for their money in a couple of groups. This means that going forward, the battle for top players in the midlands will be intense. CUFC could even eventually branch out into the upstate. (I here Kropp is playing for CUFC this year) Who wins in this type of contest? The players. Both clubs are going to have to seek out ever better coaching to try and attract better players. Existing coaches may feel it worth the time to get or upgrade their skills and their licenses. Perhaps there is even some extra money in it for them. This is all good, and it may be that there is a day down the road where South Carolina doesn’t get embarrassed in regional play. Competition is good!

#62918 06/08/06 12:05 AM
Brace
Brace
Hurst, agree but where is Northside now except on the Northside of the Carolina border. Once their solid leadership went to the wind, the club followed. We need that leadership to return and offer a unified banner to fly and respect. Your key points: the talent is here along with the coaching!

#62919 06/08/06 01:05 AM
S
coach
coach
S
who_me?: I actually couldn't agree more with the sentiment you express. I heard that CRSA had record numbers of kids at tryouts and I'm nearly done doing a quantitative analysis of CUFC's tryouts [the same kind of analysis I did two years ago for CESA when someone said that they thought that SGU and GFC had more teams combined than the merged CESA] that according to early results shows that they did quite well in terms of numbers. I've said it before; but I expect CUFC with the number of kids they have and the talent they have to make a big impact immediately on SC soccer -- if they don't it would be incredibly disappointing. Regardless, as I said at the time of the announcement, I'm happy that CSC and NECSA merged -- it was about time that something occurred like this in the Columbia area to provide more services to kids.

#62920 06/08/06 03:11 AM
O
kick off
kick off
O
what are the cufc rosters. I looked at the website and all they have listed are numbers. I would specificly like the know the u18 and u17 boys. From what ive heard they've put together some impressive teams.

#62921 06/08/06 12:58 PM
world cup
world cup
Chico & who_me?,

CESA, Bridge & CUFC are all doing a great job putting together top-of-the-line competitive teams to challenge for state and regional championships. Let's just make sure that we still have people out there serving the lower end of the market (rec & underpriviledged) so that we can continue to grow the beautiful game in South Carolina.

It's easy to forget when all the dollars and recognition are associated with the high end.

#62922 06/08/06 05:15 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[dannngghomie44] what are the cufc rosters. I looked at the website and all they have listed are numbers. I would specificly like the know the u18 and u17 boys. From what ive heard they've put together some impressive teams.<<

I don't know what the rosters are and don't expect to find out until months from now when teams are registered into HotStat. The only analysis you can do now concerns number of teams, number of players, and then anecdotal analysis about some high-reputation players.

You might check with CUFC personnel to see if they can give you the information you want concerning the specific rosters.

#62923 06/08/06 05:20 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[Hurst66] Let's just make sure that we still have people out there serving the lower end of the market (rec & underpriviledged) so that we can continue to grow the beautiful game in South Carolina. It's easy to forget when all the dollars and recognition are associated with the high end.<<

I thought that helping underprivileged kids was outlawed by the SCYSA. [Smile]

More seriously, I have not a clue as to what CESA's strategy will be beyond what it has done in the past in this area. My hope is that they'll announce an alliance [not a partnership] with CRSA soon to do the same thing that they were talking about in their previous outlawed arrangement.

The larger integrated clubs, such as CESA, CUFC, MPSC, CFC, etc. seem to be in the best position to make initiatives in this area because they should have higher cash flows and be able to take advantage of scale as well as offering many different programs.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard