Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
DSC hires a new EX. Director. I know who this guy is and he won't make it happen. A number for years ago he quit coaching DSC in the middle of the season. You got to be kidding me. DSC is finished within a year.

http://www.discoveriessoccerclub.org/DSCenter.htm

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I never heard of this guy and I have been around youth soccer for many years. He has some outstanding credentials with runing an adult league, coaching JV soccer, and all the club youth teams he coached, ect. There is no question he is executive material to me. Wish you luck. When you look at the credentials of the last four directors DSC has had, this guy's credentials aren't even close. What are they thinking.

J
bench
bench
J
Thank god CESA-ROCK HILL is available!!!!!!

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
The position was going to be filled with whomever the City of Rock Hill hired to run Manchester Meadows. So...DSC didn't hire Richard Stutts...the city of Rock Hill did. There were three candidates in the running for the position. The city hired Mr. Stutts. DSC is partnering with the city in the running of the Manchester complex, as I understand it. If someone else has a clearer understanding of this arrangement, then please correct me.

S
coach
coach
S
Okay...I've got absolutely no opinion on the guy...but I'll ask the obvious question. I understand that you are saying that the City of Rock Hill is partnering with DSC in running the new Manchester Meadows complex. But why is DSC obligated to hire as its DOC whomever the city of Rock Hill chooses to run its complex?

H
brace
brace
H
what stutts does at dsc will not effect me either way but i do know the guy.if we see each other we will say hello but we are not best friends.i cant say if he will be a good choice or not but he does know soccer.he was a good player and i think he will do fine at dsc.you talk about credentials.what did gabb have in all his 24 yrs of life and he wasnt the worst the world had to offer.since yall have an opinion on who you dont want.how about telling us who you do want to lead this powerhouse of a club.
as for the manchester meadows complex.dont be fooled by dsc being able to play their games and practice some at the new fields.all procedes from anything that happens there will go to the city of rock hill.what is wrong if a soccer club has a part in a new soccer complex?
none of these clubs in york county will grow or survive in the long run if they do not merge.the ones stopping the merger is those whos kids may be on the so called A team and when they merge they will be on the B team.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
soccer40... I am not sure on the powerhouse theme....

H
brace
brace
H
that was a joke.
it isnt a bad club it just seems they are happy with the way they are.i dont think they want to grow or expand.look on the girls side.they have 2 teams.a u-18 or something like that.it is made of of 15 thru 18s.the younger u-12 team has 12 yr olds and a second grader.they dont make much of an effort on the girls side.we will see how long these clubs have left when cesa starts traing.if more and more kids come to the training then you will see the clubs start talking merger more and more

A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
I can name 5-6 coaches in Rock Hill that have tons more credentials. This was not a very large serch outside the city limits of Rock Hill.

What ever happened to: Jim Finerty, Dom Wren, Manford, Jose Feguiro, Franco, could name more. All living in Rock Hill. Try letting Stutts do a coaching session and see what you now have.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Jim Finerty - not sure of his employment status, but I think he has a full time job already
Dom Wren - Currently employed with school district as the AD for Sullivan Middle School; Head Coach of Northwestern Boys Soccer
Manford - ?
Jose - ?
Franco - had told his team from last year that he would be graduating with his Masters next spring(?)and wouldn't be returning afterwards.

I say all of the above because the job opening was public knowledge to those in the local soccer community. I would imagine if these gentlemen were REMOTELY interested in the position, they would have pursued it. Only one of the gentlemen pursuing this position had any affiliation with DSC and he didn't get the job. Another candidate was a NC resident, and then there was Richard Stutts. Again, as I stated earlier, the folks doing the interviewing were the people with the city of Rock Hill. Chico, in answer to your question...I *think* this is the arrangement made between DSC and the city so that DSC had the "in" when it came to getting fields for games, etc. For instance, DSC will be involved in the grand opening...players in DSC uniforms doing demos, etc. It's my understanding, there will not be any of the other MANY clubs in the area acting in this capacity with regard to the grand opening. This is total speculation on my part. The local clubs that were interested in having "dibs" on Manchester all put in bids with the city. I don't know how that all played out but as you can see, the person who runs Manchester is now the Executive Director of Discoveries. I'm not clear on his EXACT role...I think DSC will still continue have a DOC...but don't quote me. I don't know if this clears up anything for you. Just as an FYI, I'm a long-time DSC parent but have had children also play at other area clubs at the same time as my son who plays for DSC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard