Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
taylor babe if you a kid in the club and have been around DSC you should know the background of the new EX Dir. He has no credentials to do either job. If that is the best DSC and Man. Meadows can hire that is sad. You turn a $12 mil. facility over to someone with very little soccer experience, coaching, contacts outside the area. I just wonder how much this job was advertised. I see where Pasiponko at Winthrop is doing this Manchester Cup. This will be by far the biggest soccer event at the complex. Maybe they should have hired him part time. You need some with regional and national contacts. I hate to say it but soccer is going backwards in this town, even with a great facility about to open.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
soccerman, I know that Mr. Stutts has successfully started and continued to run a pretty decent adult league. When he coached at DSC, my children were younger. However, I was around when he left the U-17's (I believe) in the middle of the season. I know the group of kids he had were not easy to handle. I have chosen to withold judgement as I was not in his shoes at the time and didn't have a child on that squad. I remember it leaving Teddy Meyer (DOC at the time) in a bind but it all worked out. I am not privileged to what happens at DSC board meetings, so again, I choose to withold judgement on their decisions regarding the new Executive Director position.

My son started playing club ball with DSC and has had the good fortune of being on a pretty successful squad that has managed to hang together for awhile. Unfortunately, when my next son came along, there weren't enough kids to make a quality team, so we went elsewhere with him; and unfortunately, DSC still doesn't have a premier level squad at that level. Now, should any of my other kids want to play, I will look to DSC first to see what is available before I go anywhere else. They did a great job training my first two boys, so I trust them. For the most part, we've been very pleased with the coaching they provide. DSC has been very lucky to be able to tap into a variety of resources at Winthrop. Granted, Rich only let current players coach in the off-season, but Rich has always been good to DSC players...letting them attend Winthrop games for free...Giving public recognition to DSC teams that win state cup during Winthrop game halftime, etc. As far as I know, DSC still has a GREAT relationship with Winthrop and the Gaffer.

Soccer may be going backwards in this town but DSC isn't solely responsible. There are other clubs in this area and "the give and take" has to happen on ALL sides.

I, for one, thought Gary Brannan was an excellent choice for DOC. He is VERY connected in the soccer world. He wrote the government grant for the Manchester complex. He knows all of DSC coaches personally. He's very "in tune" with the happenings in Rock Hill and the surrounding areas.

Mike Gabb was a HUGE disappointment. DSC had a couple of teams qualify for the state finals in their respective leagues and age groups. He was nowhere to be found. One of those teams actually won state cup and where was he??? Unless he had a death in the family, or was deathly ill himself, he should have been at those games, and I know DSC reprimanded him for that. He was a poor time manager, a worthless coach. Sitting with his back to the field while his team plays? What is THAT? Letting coaches who were abusive to U9 players continue to coach? What was that? Please know that I did not have a child in either of those situations. I guarantee you if I had, we would have been out of there. Gary Baker, Phil Hindson, and Teddy Meyer all were outstanding DOC's who put the player's training above all and were excellent at managing their time. Phil and Teddy both complete their Master's while running the club. Mike Gabb could never seem to get his act together.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Wow taylorbabe that would be an A paper in Writing 101. I am just say Stutts ain't the man. Now that you brought in out in the open about him walking out on DSC in the middle of the season; under NO circumstances does a coach do that. Then a few years later you turn around and make him EDir. Believe me you will see. You are pretty much right about the other things you say. The big problem currently with DSC is you have a hand full of parents, who a few years ago were not even involved in soccer. Now they have a kid playing they think they know everything and are very vocal. I am sure you know who I am talking about. In all you are pretty tuned in though.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
soccerman, I think I would have to disagree on your point about a coach walking out. I know, as an adult, I wouldn't tolerate those boys behavior. Richard put up with more than I would have. I think if you were to ask Richard himself, he would express regret on how he handled the situation. I don't mean to speak for him but I think he had regrets right afterwards. He had coached at DSC for several years before that happened. He had never had any prior problems, to my knowledge. But as I said before, my son was young, so I didn't experience the situation first hand. As a parent in the club, I am willing to give him a shot. I'm sure if he doesn't do what is expected in running the Manchester complex, the city won't hesitate to fire him. As a person, Richard seems to be a very kind and genuine person.

I honestly don't think DSC is going anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see a merger of the Tega Cay club and DSC in the future. I would venture to say those lines of communication are still open. I think most people in the area would agree a merger would be in the best interest of the players especially given the fact that CESA now has a presence in Rock Hill.

goal
goal
He is a good man and has the credentials. I wish him the best of luck!

Brace
Brace
Praying York Cty as a whole has a bit of luck!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard