Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Recently in another thread the topic of club policy concerning tryouts for teams that have won state championships and are going to regionals has arisen.

Since Bridge is the only other club in the situation of having teams that won the state championship and have tryouts for next year [the NECSA U18B team obviously doesn't come back together as at least a full-season team], I was wondering what Bridge's policy was regarding tryouts and announcing next year's team on teams that were competing at regionals. Anybody know?

B
kick off
kick off
B
Yes.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
We might need a little more than "yes".

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Darren: I guess I asked for that! [Smile] I'm reminded of the old saw about not having time to write a short letter so I wrote you a long one instead.

To be more precise in my language, is anyone willing to describe Bridge's process in this regard on this message board and if so would they please do so?

I have a bad feeling that the answer might be as short as the first answer [but hope springs eternal.]

world cup
world cup
It could actually be one letter shorter. I'm sure you will at least get a PM out of it.

I wish my club had this problem. ;>)

B
kick off
kick off
B
Now, seriously.

Bridge FA in general follows what has been described as CESA's "old" policy. In general, teams are not intended to be announced until the season has ended, and for those age groups moving on to Regional play, it can make for a long wait.

However, I say general because it's a matter of trying to move into the operations of the next year, while still closing out the current year, all while keeping the needs of the players/parents in mind.

To my knowledge, all Bridge FA teams have been announced. While there may be some changes in team rosters for next fall, I believe Bridge FA was able to handle it on an individual basis and it will not impact the play during the Regional tournament. Many of the changes were due to moving away, etc.

All in all, it's a difficult balance to achieve, maintaining the player/parental choice, and ensuring the club and SC is represented well.

Bridge FA being new and small in comparison to others has the ability to be more adaptable in certain areas. While, like everyone else, we strive to grow, we hope to never lose the agility in response to the desires of players/parents we currently enjoy.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Darren: Thank you.

I think you did an incredible job of capturing the very essence of what's tough about this issue -- trying to adapt to best serve all of the players. I don't think that there's a single right way -- I think you try to figure it out and how you execute means everything.

Best of luck to those Bridge teams going to regionals this summer and once again congratulations on the impressive first year accomplishments of Bridge and those teams winning state championships!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I think it was the original reason why USYSA was looking to change the process (to June). In theory it would be more correct to hold tryouts after regionals ..say late June or July... problem is having people at tryouts due to vacations etc.

Since school lets out early in the south this causes a problem. Another problem is the antiquated process of registering teams. with large numbers leaves little time to do the paperwork. I would love if the US Club Soccer process was followed...

Brace
Brace
I'd be interested in knowing the fees for club soccer this year. Would the clubs care to share?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Other states have to deal with teams that make it to nationals in July which we cause a much longer wait.

Link Copied to Clipboard