Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Sigh... It appears that there's a news blackout both with CUFC and "The State" regarding club soccer [although there's a rumor that the CUFC U18G and U17G Elite teams are scrimmaging tomorrow.] Thus, I'm reduced to reproducing the only news available and thus confirming my reputation as a "CESA PR dude." [Smile]

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
CESA's MeSA Offers Wireless
Chico, that's great news -- hopefully more soccer sites will incorporate this "need". It was a great feature to utilize at the CESA North-South Soccer Classic held at Furman University.

Concerning the "names" of organizations, etc., discussed in another thread, I find it ironic that CESA plays at MESA, but they are not pronounced the same way. [Big Grin] !

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
MeSA (Metropolitan Soccer Association) predates CESA by a lot of years -- so maybe some type of pronunciation evolution occurred. Or the names were intelligently designed. I'm not sure...

By the way -- Burns Park, in Little Rock, where the USYSA regionals are being held, has to be the tenth or so wonder of the world. Someone told me that it's the second largest municipal park in the United States [New York's Central Park is larger] and has facilities for everything! I played racquetball yesterday at its tennis/racquet complex while waiting on a soccer practice on one of the twenty soccer fields to get over. The day before I stuck my toe in the Arkansas river, which runs alongside the park while walking on miles and miles of trails.

Amazing that a town the size of Little Rock can do so much...and my guess is that property taxes here don't even come close to the rocketing ever-higher property taxes in Lexington!

brace
brace
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Heise:
[QUOTE]
Concerning the "names" of organizations, etc., discussed in another thread, I find it ironic that CESA plays at MESA, but they are not pronounced the same way. [Big Grin] !

That brings up a great point. What is the proper pronunciation of "CESA" anyway? The four sounds that I heard are...

SEE-SA

SAY-SA

SESS-SA

and the ever strangely popular

KAY-SA

So the question remains. How do you say it?

coach
coach
Chico,
I hope that you will develop a CESA blogsite, complete with screamin video and commentary, to keep us informed as to the progress of the SC teams in Little Rock.
Good Luck to all SC teams! Maybe one group will prevail with a regional title.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
"SEE-Suh" (CESA) & "MAY-Suh" (MeSA) are how I have interpeted it.

Link Copied to Clipboard