Next Thread
Print Thread
#63370 07/10/06 05:37 PM
K
bench
OP Offline
bench
K
im a u-18 keeper looking for a club team in charleston, wilmington (nc), or columbia.

any feedback on a team would be greatly appreciated.

S
coach
coach
S
I don't know the level [recreation, classic, challenge, premier] that you're looking to play; but since you cover such a wide geographic area I'll assume you're looking for highly competitive soccer. I'll address the areas you mention in SC.

In Columbia, the largest club is CUFC. Phil Savitz is the coach of the U18 girls team [and is also the co-DOC of the club] that will play in the premier league this season. This should be a strong team; it's a combination of the second-place CSC team and the fourth-place NECSA team and Phil Savitz has an excellent reputation in winning in the boys program at Irmo. I think this team has Erica Deahl as at least one of its keepers -- a good player. If Erica is playing keeper, that should free Jamie Shaw to play the field and be the backup keeper -- she's good at both.

In Charleston, I'd check with MPSC [Mount Pleasant] which is probably the largest club in the area. I don't know who is coaching the U18 girls team. You might also consider checking with CUSC [Charleston] -- Andy Grist is the DOC and has coached the U18G team in the past and has a great reputation. Finally in Charleston, Bridge FA is a club that has had a lot of success on the boys side -- you might want to check them out to see if they have a U18G team.

In Wilmington, I have not a clue.

Links to the SC Clubs mentioned herein may be found at this link.

Last edited by Chico; 07/12/06 10:40 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
The top club in Wilmington is Cape Fear. Capefearsoccer.com

The Infamous
K
bench
OP Offline
bench
K
Last season I played on a challenge team, but level of classic or challenge doesn't matter i really just want to play. My area has decided not to make a u-18 team therefore i am too old to play and i was left kind of clueless. I really appreciate all the information,
thanks alot

trying is inline to failure
hat-trick
hat-trick
Columbia United FC has two U18 girls teams. Phil Savitz is the coach of U18 Elite team which will be playing in the Premier League and Steve Berzins is the coach of the Challenge team which will be playing in the SC Challenge League. Coach Berzins is also the coach of the Cardinal Newman girls' varsity who were state finalists this past season.

Link Copied to Clipboard