Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris Armas will be having surgery to repair a torn ACL. In Sunday's game against Uraguay he took an awkward step and then stumbled backward and fell. It was a strange sight, but he walked off to the locker room. As a result he will be missing the World Cup. A huge loss, no doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"a huge loss..."
an understatement if i ever heard one...now Figo will have the run of the field...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the US match Sunday and the Armas injury was so bizarre! He played hard and well for about 10 minutes AFTER the fall! It is definitely a huge disappointment for the US in the final stages of preparations! We do, however, have some options at that defensive midfield position and time to prepare. John O' and Pablo Mastroeni are extremely talented and tough (not as tough as Armas, mind you). They also bring a little more playmaking ability into the line-up, in my opinion. It is certainly a huge set back for the US. Here's hoping that Chris will have a speedy, full recovery and get the chance to shine on the international stage in future competitions (Germany 2006)

Link Copied to Clipboard