Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Tough goal to surrender in the 39th minute! That was a great serve by Ziege and header by Ballack. 1-0 to the Krauts. The United States has actually outshot Germany 5-2 and forced Kahn to make three great saves.

Come on Yanks, let's level this match at 1-1.

My thoughts are that Lewis (yellow card) will be replaced at halftime. That was his foul outside the box that setup the indirect kick for the goal.

Klose just hit the post -- we need to get to intermission down one!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that's the best we've ever played and we had our chances and I'm proud of them.We got respect now!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Great game by the USA and a great run in the World Cup. We have much to be proud of and a responsibility to continue to improve.

J
Brace
Brace
J
That game could have been tied, and should have been tied. I was surprised that a PK was not given for the use of the German defenders arm. You can't stick it out that far from your body to stop the ball from going in the goal. That should have been a red card ejection, and Germany would have had 10 men. Oh well, good game by the US.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nah, the ball played his arm...frustrating, yes...penalty, no...

bring on 2006

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
even though the ball played his hand, his hand stopped the ball from going into the back of the net so i think there should have been a penalty. too bad. good job USA.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Yeah, it's one of those cases that at the international level you have to make that call. You are only allowed to have your arms directly at your sides. We talked about this at length at one of the referee clinics. The answer that was given was that if your arm is out away from your body and impedes the movement of the ball, it was your INTENT to play the ball if your arm was out more than an inch or two away from the body. The key word was INTENT...not accidental. By leaving your arm in such a position you are making a conscious effort to affect the ball with your arm or hand. Hence the red card was justified to be given. I have red carded a person in a game for the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The should not have been a red card, maybe a goal, but the ref doesnt have the slow motion replay to look at, so, i think that the right call was made. The guy was not looking at the ball when it hit his hand, he in no way try to play the ball, definately not a red card, and i have also ref'd before.

Link Copied to Clipboard