Print Thread
#63644 06/30/02 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After an ugly first half of soccer, the second half came out pretty strong but the score remained 0-0 until around the 70th minute when Ronaldo booted one it after it bounced out of the incredible goalie's (Kohn) hands. Eventually Ronaldo puts the 2nd and final goal of the game into the net after Rivaldo fakes a shot and allows the ball to slide to Ronaldo who skims it to the right corner. The second half was a pretty good game by both teams.

Ronaldo has 12 World Cup goals which is tied with Pele. He is expected to receive the golden ball award as the MVP of the World Cup.

#63645 06/30/02 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good game to watch. I think that Brazil deserved to win it, though Germany could have had a goal more than once.

#63646 07/01/02 02:52 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Dude...hate to say it but..Germany lost when Marcos (I think that was the Brazilian Goalie's name) blocked that freekick from Neville. Nice shot,great effort by the goalie, and a lucky post. Was the turning point of the match also when the first goal was scored. I guess Germany just saved their best for the final. If I could give the golden ball to a Brazilian and a German. The Brazilian would be Rinaldo (of course) and the German would be Kohn. I think Schnieder was a very important German aswell...but Kohn was just a beast. Great World Cup all around. Looking forward to 2006.

#63647 07/02/02 11:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i actually think the Krauts lost it when Ballack was suspended...Neuville had a great game of course, but when Marcos (who is the best Brazilian goalkeeper ive ever seen) saved his free kick, you could just tell it was gonna be one of those nights for the Germans...both goals i thought Kahn could have saved if he hadnt injured his hand...but of course you gotta feel good for Ronaldo as he finally laid to rest 98...though i still wanted to see that cheating wanker Rivaldo get ejected...

as for the cup as a whole, its the most dissapointing one i can remember (i cant remember Italia 90, in case yer wondering) 94 was great but had a dull final...98 was fantastic but the US did crappy...this one had a great group stage, and the final was the best i can remember, but the knockouts were a bunch of 1-0 games and were atrociously refereed...

anyways, congratulations to the USA on a fantastic run and to Brazil for their 5th World Cup Championship

#63648 07/06/02 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, guys but I disagree with what you all are saying about the outcome of the game. It would have helped if the Germans had the help of the new Kiaser (Michael Ballack), but I still think that the Germans were strong until Oliver Kahn tore the ligament in his hand, thus leading to the handout goal to Ronaldo. I am not taking any credit away from Brazilans they had an amazing tournament. I am just saying you saw the saves Oliver Kahn was making through out the tournament so I think if he was healthy it could have been a different game. Besides the outcome both teams played extremely well.

Link Copied to Clipboard