Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
CHICAGO (1/7/03) - The U.S. Women's National Team will face Iceland in its second domestic game of 2003 on Sunday, February 16, at Blackbaud Stadium in Charleston, South Carolina. The match will kick off at 6 p.m. ET and will be broadcast live on ESPN2.

US Women's Soccer Team

S
Goal
Goal
S
The women's team is in Charleston all week for training. I had the opportunity to interview Head Coach April Heinrichs on Wednesday of this week. Here's the transcript of our talk over on the Regiment's website:

Coach April Heinrichs Interview

Also, just a reminder, the game is tomorrow night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched most of the game, so i think this information is accurate. USA won 1-0 (Mia Hamm, assist Ally Wagner) on an early goal, somewhere around the 5th-6th minute mark. The Score could, and should have been much higher but the Iceland keeper played outstanding.

The US clearly dominated the game. Up until the end of the game Iceland did not put much pressure on the US goal. There were a few yellow cards given, especially early in the match.

On a lighter note, a crazed fan ran accross the length of the field during stoppage time with a security guard chasing. I don't know if they caught him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did catch the man who ran out on the field after he made it to the stands. What was he trying to prove? Obviously NIKE wasn't shoting a commercial. I also thought the Iceland goalie looked great, she was very quick and upset the US a few times. The score should have been higher for the US. Interesting game, I was expecting to see more action than I did.

Link Copied to Clipboard