Page 1 of 2 1 2
#63775 01/29/03 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been visiting this site for a few weeks now and everytime i get on here all i see is news about the epl, i was just wondering if there were any other la liga fans like myself out there reading this message. If so write back and let me know what you think on any topic in la liga... ps if you couldnt figure it out i love Real Madrid.

Hala Madrid

#63776 01/29/03 05:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
follow La Liga from time to time...Valencia is my favorite team there...i might have a little more respect for Real if they didnt have their government bailing them out so much...

#63777 01/29/03 05:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am glad to see there are more la liga fans out there other than just me, and i very much like valencia, however i dont understand what u mean by the govt. bailing them out, i would really appreciate it if you would explain. I am glad to see you have a likeing to the best league in teh world.

Hala Madrid

#63778 01/29/03 05:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Madrid is essentially a government team...the government in Madrid has a long history of relieving Real's debts incurred from transfer fees, salary, etc...how else do you think they would be able to afford players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Roberto Carlos, etc.?

#63779 01/29/03 06:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess i really cant argue with that, however the fact of teh matter is really that no matter what caliber players it still takes alot to win big games, however your argument is very valid. I have loved them for about 5 years now ever since i found out of them with my girlfriend, whom happens to live in madrid. I got the priveladge of watching the fifa world vs. madrid game over my christmas break and the experience was like that of no other i have ever experienced and i cant help it but say i really love them. i can see where you are coming from however and maybe one day the team can earn some of your respect until then or after.......

Hala Madrid

#63780 01/29/03 06:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also on the whole comment of the government bailing out the team, other than being the greatest sport in teh world soccer is also a business just like all other sports and in Madrid if you know anything there are many money making industries but one of the biggest is Real Madrid football, so would youlet one of your biggest money makers get into trouble........ I dont think you would, which makes me wonder why that doesnt happen to more football clubs over the world...

Hala Madrid
[Wink]

#63781 01/30/03 01:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the thing is its not fair to only help out one club and not all the rest...why doesnt Valencia get funding from the government? or Deportivo? or Recreativo Huelva? and you dont see parliament stepping in and funding all the foundering lower division clubs do you?

i dont actively dislike Real, two of my favorite players (Raul and Zidane) play there, i just find it hard to consider them legitimate

#63782 01/30/03 02:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my case i do not really have feelings one way or another what team the govt. helps, i merely love real madrid, however let me leave with one question. It might take a little knowledge of teh govt. which i would have to further research to answer, however if you were in the govt.s shoes what would you do?

Hala Madrid

#63783 02/11/03 09:01 PM
goal
goal
Real Madrid won 4-1 at the weekend, the first game I've watched them properly - the scorers were Raul, Figo(pen), Zidane and Ronaldo (Ronaldo missed pen).
It was a good result, but, taking the performance in the context of the Champions League it was poor. They are VERY vulnerable down the flanks - Figo on the right and Carlos on the left may sound like a dream combo, but in reality they can't defend to save their lives!! I can see Giggs and Pires having fun against Real if they ever meet. Real are without rival going forward, but, a team is built on its foundations - the defence, the ugly jobs that don't get headlines, and sadly this is where Real come up wanting - there is only so much the ageing Hierro can do. I do hope they go all the way again this year, but if they come up against someone who'll take the game to them I think they'll REALLY struggle.

Sine

Af

#63784 02/12/03 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um i dont know what you mean foley by a dream combo vulnerable. fist of all carlos's partner on the right flank is not figo it is salgado, a very strong defender. Seeing as i live here and they dont show any of the games i dont know if salgado was out for suspension and figo was back there, but salgado does normally play right back and figo in the mid as an outside attacking mid. I agree with the fact that carlos is not the best defender, however he still is one of the best players in the world and the comment of him getting toyed with by giggs or pires is a joke. Enough said. I am glad you think their 4-1 win was enough for your approval, however we had a very poor opening to the second stage but i promise you we are in good form and are very capable of havig another strong showing the rest of the way out. I have one question for you. Seeing as how we won it last year and have such a strong team year in and year out( which included carlos in the back) how have we won as much as we have if their defence which is pretty much the smae as in recent years, is so bad? I would like to see your response or any others if you feel so inclined.

Hala Madrid

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard