Page 2 of 2 1 2
#63785 02/12/03 10:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another comment to your saying that if we come across anyone who will really take it to us we will struggle. That is rediculous to me for i have one instance...... right before we went on christmas break we played ac milan who arguably could have been THE best team in the world at the time and we were not playin our best football, how could you call our defence that bad if we managed to only give up one goal on a beautiful through ball from rui costa and a great finish by shevchanko. I dont see how you could say we would struggle, it seemed as if we didnt, unless you are saying that ac milan are not a good team that can really take it to other teams.

Hala Madrid!!!!

#63786 02/13/03 07:45 PM
goal
goal
Firstly, Figo was playing right midfield - kinda - and Carlos was playing as a left wing back/attacking full back. I never said that Giggs or Pires would toy with Carlos - they are both left sided players and so would be up against Figo, who isn't exactly renowned for his defensive qualities - that said, neither are the other two players (Giggs&Pires) but the players they have behind them are more solid than Salgado who, like the rest of the team is an "attacking" defender. My point was that Hierro is the only defender that I could see in that game whose main priority is actually defending!! And that maybe it COULD be a problem, but, like Newcastle under Kevin Keegan, Real are playing with a "who cares if we conceed 3 when we can score 5" mentality - which is great to watch, BUT, teams like AC Milan that rely on a strong defence and grabbing a goal can cause problems for Real. Personally, I don't think Real would have any problems with Arsenal or Man Utd. should they meet - Reals problem will be motivation - they are a club team who could beat most, if not all International teams. The one chink in their armour, you must admit, is defence. I think they should have a more solid man beside Zizou in the centre, instead of "headless chicken extrordinaire" Makelele they should have bought Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira.

Sine

Af

#63787 02/14/03 12:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what can i say a foley you have a great point, i cant argue with you at all. I very much agree with you on the fact that on the overall basis their defensive motivations, are normally more focused on attacking. I also agree that it makes it very interesting to watch, and yes i also agree that it is very frustrating to see a game end with a lose, simply because we could not score and our defence was not strong, as it is not most of the time. I also agree that hierro is coming to an end of his career and htat hurts alot. I do know that for a while we were looking to try and acquire chivu from ajax but i have not heard much of that since. I also agree that it would be nice to see some def. mid. but can you argue with the skill of the midfielders we have i know you are not trying to i am just stating. Vicente Del Bosque reign as ruler over madrid is coming to an end soon, and they will have a new coach that might change the formation around, but i doubt it, cause real madrid is like all other teams in the spanish league, they are flashy and not based on defense, they are based on overwhelming a defense as you know. For now i could never see them changing the way they play. English teams are based on defense and physical play as the spanish are more based on a flashy offensive oriented game.
I am very happpy to hear your comments however.

Hala Madrid!!!

#63788 02/14/03 07:33 PM
goal
goal
FINALLY - someone agrees with me on this site!!
But, about Real, they are without a doubt the best attacking team in the world at the moment - but not the best team. They have 11 INDIVIDUALS who are the best, or there abouts, in their positions. But, you can have 11 of the best individuals against the best "TEAM" - and who'll come out on top??......well, the 11 individuals probably will win 9 times out of 10, but I hope that the one time isn't in the knockout phases of the Champions League - Real need to win it again to keep the books balanced....well, pay the interest on their debts!

I don't really agree about your comment on English teams, its a common misconception that its all defence, but its not really, my team - West Ham, couldn't defend themselves from an angry old lady with an umbrella this season, but they are still playing some great footy.

A cara

Af

#63789 02/14/03 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha ok i appologize for stereotyping all of england i didnt mean to catagorize them all as being that, i was merely using a misconception of the english. I do very much agree with the fact that there are alot of teams including english who play very nice attacking football, so i am sorry for the stereotype.

Hala Madrid!!!

#63790 02/14/03 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
by the way kind of off the subject, but i got a chance to visit my girlfriend in madrid over christmas and i went to the real madrid vs fifa world game and i can only say if you ever have a chance to go to the bernebeu please do because it is one of the greatest experiences in my life. Just the atmosphere along with the style of real madrid even if yo udont like them it makes it fun for a fan to watch as you stated a foley

Hala Madrid!!!

#63791 02/14/03 08:27 PM
goal
goal
one of my friends went to see the Champions League final in Glasgow with his brother last year. He said it was unreal. I was in the states at the time, and didn't see Zizous volley until about a week later, my girlfriend had her sateillite hooked up and there was all sorts of "artistic [Wink] " movies on 24hrs a day, looking at the replays of Zidane's goal was 100 times better!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard