GREENVILLE, SC -- Furman women's soccer coach Brian Lee announced the signing of six scholar-athletes to national letters-of-intent on Wednesday, including members of both the Region I and III Olympic Development Program (ODP) Teams and an NSCAA High School All American.

Joining the five-time defending Southern Conference regular season champions in 2004 will be Anna Betton, of Greensboro, NC, Emily Krankowski, of Tabernacle, NJ, Catie Miller, of Raleigh, NC, Mickey Palanza, of Wilmington, NC, Katie Tucker, of Charlotte, NC, and Gena Villari, of Raleigh, NC.

Anna Betton attends Grimsley High School in Greensboro, N.C., and will come in as a forward with the Lady Paladins. She is a member of the Greensboro Twisters club program.

Emily Krankowski is an speedy forward from Tabernacle, N.J., who has earned both High School and Youth All-America honors from the NSCAA. She is a member of the Region I ODP team and plays club soccer for the PDA Galaxy. Krankowski attends Shawnee High School.

Catie Miller is product of Cardinal Gibbons in Raleigh, N.C. A defender, Miller plays club soccer for the Capital Area Soccer League (CASL).

Mickey Palanza is a defender from Wilmington, N.C., though she plays club soccer for CASL in Raleigh. Palanza attends New Hanover High School in Wilmington and is a Region III pool member.

Katie Tucker is a forward from Charlotte, N.C. She is a member of the Charlotte Soccer Club and attends Myers Park High School. Tucker is an NSCAA High School All-South pick and is on the Region III ODP team.

Gena Villari is a midfielder from Raleigh, N.C. A product of Broughton High School, Villari is a member of the Region III pool. She currently plays club soccer with the Greensboro Twisters, but spent several years playing club soccer for CASL in Raleigh.

"I believe that this is one of the top classes in the country," said Furman head coach Brian Lee. "Each one of these young women will play a key role in our program for years to come. By adding these six student-athletes, I believe that we have put together one of the most talented rosters in the nation."

Five of the six signees hail from North Carolina, giving the Lady Paladins a total of ten members from the Tar Heel state - close to half of the entire roster. By virtue of adding Miller, Palanza, and Villari the Lady Paladins will have six current student-athletes who have played club soccer for CASL in Raleigh.

Furman is coming off a 15-5-2 season in which it won the Southern Conference regular season title for the fifth consecutive year. The Lady Paladins have been to the NCAA Tournament in three of the last five seasons.