Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
goal
goal
You really don't want to go down the rugby route with me....<<<cough>>><<<TWICKENHAM>>><<<cough>>>>. ha hahahahah!!

Most "successful" manager? How do you figure that? If you gauge success as taking perfectly good professional footballers and making them play an unattractive and "low" tactical level of football then I suppose he (Jack) was the most successful....but don't forget Mick ("you English c**t etc"(Roy Keane)) who celebrated a 2-2 draw with Holland (or Portugal, I can't remember) in the World Cup qualifiers - nothing wrong with that you might say....well, we threw away a 2-0 lead - Keano depressed and McCarthy celebrates. No more though, we've got Kerr now, no more English influence

I wasn't aware that Kyle allowed English hooligans to join the website!! You obviously got on the wrong plane (drunk no doubt) back from Charleroi back in 2000 and ended up in SC?!

Af

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the Ruggers, im glad the world cup is four years away as i get to gloat for a long time to my Irish (and oz and kiwi and boks and french) Bretheren. Alas if the world cup was tomorrow i do not think we would win it. But, its not! count your blessings eh a.foley!

I think youll agree a manager can only be judged by his results, Charlton's were the best.

Yes youve got Kerr now, my Irish mates speak well of him, Just let us know if it doesnt work out and well send you another 'Wor' Jack Charlton.

I love the general English Stereotype that you mentioned! just about as much as im sure you love the "Guinness swilling, horse owning, Transit van driving, cowboy builder!!" stereotype that is (unfairly) thrown around for the jovial Irish.

Unfortunately, it wasnt Charleroi, i caught the plane from, but the equally lager louted up venue of Gatwick, and that was just the Leicester team!

goal
goal
Gatwick?? How come when I go to SC I end up flying from Heathrow to Dulles and then on to Greenville?? Didn't know there was a flight from Gatwick.

You seem to miss the point of my rugby quip - did you not see the six nations the last weekend!!

You'll need "Big Jack" or "Big Pr**k", as he is known here now, yourselves when Sven takes over Chelsea in July!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can get a direct flight from Gatwick To Charlotte, NC.

I didnt so much miss your point (saw the result not the game) as side step it, come on you know us English!

As for Svvvvveeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn, will he or wont he? I dont know, but Ranieri will be sorely missed for his Quotes of the week on the BBC website.

I cant beleive Jackie C gets so much stick over there now? The politicians said if he would have run for prime minister after 94 he would have won!? what happened?

goal
goal
Keanos book, and the independent investigation into the workings of the FAI it caused. The complete vindication of Roy Keane the findings of said investigation produced - and the complete vilification of everybody who ever crossed Keano (or his puppetmaster Fergie). Charlton was on the Late Late Show here a few months back (dunno if you're familiar with it), but he came off really bad, well, not really bad, just really English!! To explain it, think about it in these terms: you've been sleeping with someone for months, its all great, you tell them you love them and they tell you they never really liked you at all - they were just using you. Thats kinda how everyone thinks of Jack, plus what was in Keanos book kinda killed off "the legend". I think I'll bring my copy of it down from college and stick a few exerpts from it on the site - probably infringing millions of copyright laws, but its a good read.

Poor old Ranieri, one of the few true gentlemen left in the game. He does his job with so much humanity despite Sven and Tord "in your office measuring for curtains" (Gary Linekar to Ranieri at the BBC Sports Personality Awards! Poor Claudio just laughed).

Goal
Goal
[Big Grin] Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! Here are a few of my favorites:

WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING

When irish eyes are smiling
Sure it's like a morning spring
In the lilt of irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing

When irish hearts are happy
All the world seems bright and gay
And when irish eyes are smiling
Sure they steal your heart away

OH DANNY BOY

Oh Danny boy, the pipes,
The pipes are calling,
From glen to glen
And down the mountain side,
The summer's gone
And all the flowers dying,
'Tis you, 'tis you
Must go and I must bide.

But come ye back
When summer's in the meadow,
Or when the valley's
Hushed and white with snow,
'Tis I'll be there
In sunshine or in shadow,
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy
I love you so.

But if ye come
When all the flowers dying,
And I am dead,
As dead I well may be,
You'll come and find
The place where I am lying,
And kneel and say
An "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear,
Tho' soft you tread above me,
And all my dreams
Will warm and sweeter be,
If you'll not fail
To tell me that you love me,
I simply sleep in peace
Until you come to me.

IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR THE IRISH

Oh I woke me up this mornin'
And I heard a joyful song
From the throats of happy Irishmen
A hundred thousand strong
Sure it was the Hibernian Brigade
Lining up for to start the big parade

So I fetched me Sunday bonnet
And me flag I love so well
And I bought myself a shamrock
Just to wear in me lapelle
Don't you know that today's March 17
It's the day for the wearin' of the green

It's a Great Day for the Irish
It's a great day for fair
The sidewalks of New York are thick with blarney
For sure you'd think New York was ol' Killarney

It's a great day for the shamrock
For the flag's in full array
We're feelin' so inspirish
Sure because of all the Irish
It's a great, grea-eat day

It's a Great Day for the Irish
It's a great day for fair
Be gosh there's not a cop to stop the raidin'
Be gord, 'or all the cops are off paradin'

It's a great day for the shamrock
For the flags in full array
And as we move a'swingin'
Every Irish heart is singin'
It's a great, grea-eat day

THE PARTING GLASS

Oh, all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company;
And all the harm that ever I've done, alas it was to none but me;
And all I've done for want of wit to mem'ry now I can't recall;
So fill to me the parting glass, Good night and joy be with you all.

If I had money enough to spend, and leisure time to sit awhile;
There is a fair maid in this town, that sorely has my heart beguiled;
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips, I own, she has my heart in thrall;
Then fill to me the parting glass, Good night and joy be with you all.

Oh, all the comrades e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away;
And all the sweethearts e'er I had, they'd wished me one more day to stay;
But since it falls unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not;
I gently rise and softly call, Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard