Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#65291 05/02/05 05:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Guys, I'm a new member, but I've been reading in this forum for a while.

I'm "mexican" or hispanic.

I was reading the other day a really interesting topic about Hispanic players. To be honest I did not like some of the stuff I read, and some others were just very funny.

I've been in this country for 5 years. This is a beatiful country, the best economy in the world! Soccer is very organized. Soccer has a great future in the US.

To undestand soccer better you guys have to know some key terms.

Nationals

1.Brasil (best team)
2.Argentina (coolest team)
3.Italy (best strategy)
4.Germany (physically strong)
5.Uruguay (Fist one to win a WC)
6.Holand (best youth soccer)
7.England (richest club ManU)
8.Mexico (best in our region)

Clubs

1.Madrid (best of the best)
2.Milan (3 continentals)
3.Juve (the old lady)
4.Barcelona (Ronaldinho)
5.Boca Jr and River Plate (best skill)
6.Santos and Sao Paulo (best individuals)
7.Chelsea (maurinho)
8. ManU (money, ronaldo, ronney, nistelroy)

Players

1.Mardona (best player ever)
2.Pele (most titles)
3.Franz Beckenbauer (great leader)
4. Ronaldo (best player now)
5. Zidane (best European player ever)
6. Ronaldinho (best skills)

Clubs Leagues

Champions League
Concacaf Championchip (Pumas 5 DC 0)
Copa Libertadores

It does matter where you're from; A player from the Central America practice to beat Mexico or USA one day.

A player from Brasil or Argentina practice to go to Madrid, win the world cup...

US Soccer?

Great future, a lot of talent;

Eddie Johnson
Fredy Adu
Landon Donovan
Damarcus Beasly

MLS? Is boring... all they do is "kick a ball"

all they do is pass, run, and kick... that's boring! I'm sorry but MLS is boring.

This the opinion from a "mexican." I hope none of you guys get mad, I know there is a lot of Coaches in here, so I tried to respect everybody.

Good Luck Americans, in a few years we will be watching "street soccer" in ESPN, and we will see the USA playing the world final againts Brasil or Argentina.

#65292 05/02/05 06:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you real?

#65293 05/02/05 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great stuff, and goog thinking FENOMENO!!!!

#65294 05/02/05 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About MLS being boring i would have to agree with you about this, but I think it is improving greatly. At this point of time European and South American soccer is much more interesting to watch on TV due to the great level of individual skill. I have been watching alot of the MLS over the past few years and have to say they are getting a lot more international players and more players with individual skill. The game in MLS is alot slower than other places in the world but I think everyone who watches it would have to say that it is improving.

About Real Madrid being the best of the best, there is no doubt that the have most of the top players right now, but (you might have to correct me on this) they are not doing to hot right now are they?

#65295 05/02/05 06:42 PM
world cup
world cup
MLS??????? Yikes.

I watched the KC - DC match on Saturday and I'm still upset that I didn't turn on the Penn Relays instead.

Looking forward to tomorrow's All-England Champions League second leg semi-final.

No Brown Ale.....but lots of great football.

#65296 05/02/05 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy buddy easy.......as for the "list"......I am not to certain that PELE wasn't the best ever!

PS No Brown Ale.......you must be mad!!!!

Your name sake was quite a player!!!

#65297 05/02/05 06:48 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I suffered through the KC/DC match as well.. thoroughly depressing match to watch.. made me feel even worse because I had defended MLS in the Professional/International Forum not too long ago.

Bottom line.. soccer on TV is good enough for me.. it's better than watching poker or arm wrestling..or any of the other stupid things ESPN/FSN puts on..

#65298 05/02/05 07:18 PM
world cup
world cup
Shearer,

Sir Geoffrey would appreciate tomorrow's match, even though the brown bottlers aren't participating.

Did you see Game of Their Lives yet? A little slow, but great footie footage. (Sorry the English are portrayed as such....could have been worse....have you seen The Patriot?)

;>)

#65299 05/02/05 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Real Madrid is not doing too good.

Is because their coach was not good enough at the beginning and their defense is still a caos. Some people is getting old too.

Figo and Zidane have a few more years to play. I think Beckam is not a Madrid type of player.

Madrid is a team of titles, no many people can go to Madrid and start. I'll tell you who may go to Madrid and will probably start;

Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
Nistelroy (Holland)
Toti (Italy)
Robinho (Brasil)
Ballack (Germany)
Ronaldinho (Brasil)
Riquelme (Argetina)

Other than that, anybod would go to the bench even Henry. Even though they haven't been doing good because of their defense and Coach. Madrid is just history. They still have Ronaldo who is unestoppable! They also have a new Brasilian Coach, they will be good againts next year.

Any more questions?

#65300 05/02/05 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hm, I'd say it is EXTREMELY unlikely Ronaldinho goes to Real Madrid, Chelsea and AC Milan are the two strongest clubs at the moment (my honest opinion), Brazil is still the top dog nationally, and oh yeah Ronaldinho was voted World-player-of the-year while Shevchenko got the European "Golden Ball." Yeah sorry a little off-topic but had to say what I thought.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard