Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#65301 05/02/05 11:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those of you who watched the KC/DC game on saturday this was the worst MLS game to ever watch. You should have seen the Chicago Columbos game on later that night. Much better

#65302 05/02/05 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another future player in the MLS that will be very good is Clint Dempsey, he is going to be very good.

#65303 05/03/05 03:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've actually been reading that Madrid is looking at getting rid of Figo and seeing if they can pick up the Brazilian, Adriano, from Inter Milan. He's playing really well right now and they'd love to have him in Spain. I've also heard that they're looking at being done with Beckham. He's expensive and they are unsure of how much he contributes to the team. But he's a well known face and puts a lot of people in the stands so you never know.

#65304 05/03/05 03:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW~!!

#65305 05/03/05 03:44 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
.. if only there were a forum here for us to discuss College, Professional, and/or International soccer/futbol..

#65306 05/03/05 12:54 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Interesting thread. Must disagree with the best ever player in Pele. The best ever player was a man called George Best, once acknowledged by Pele himself as the greatest ever player. If you ever get a chance to see video of him, he was phenomenal.

#65307 05/04/05 04:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the answers.

Madrid is Madrid, they'll come back again.

Ronaldihho is just fantasy, he is the one that brings people to the stadiuns. I love to wactching play. But the real deal is Ronaldo. I don't think Brasil would win anything without Ronaldo. He is the big dog.

I know who "Best" was, I've seen videos. I still have to see something more impresive from Pele.

Show me a video where Pele, or Best took the whole theam and score in a world cup level game... then you tell me that Maradona wasn't the best!

Watch the best goal ever; Maradona took the whole british squad and score.

Watch Ronaldo when he was younger... Brasil is all about Ronaldo.

Watch a Boca Jr-River game...

Then you tell me what futbol is all about.

Thanks again, as I said, "we will love to watch USA playing a world championship againts Brazil or Argentina."

By the way, this world is going to be Brazil, next one is Argentina is coming up very strong.

#65308 05/03/05 06:26 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Maradonna did not take the whole British squad and score. First of all Britain is made up of 4 countries; England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All 4 were not on the field in the game you refer to. Only the England squad were involved, but since FIFA only allows 11 of the squad on the field at one time, he cannot have gone through the whole squad!! He did not even go through the whole 11 on the field as I remember it, maybe 3 or 4 at most.
Also if the ability to dribble through multiple players and score was the only criteria for judging the best player ever, then Ryan Giggs would have a shout, as he ran through most of the Arsenal team in 1999 in the FA Cup semi-final. Clearly Giggs is not the best player ever!!There is a lot more to look at than that.
It also appears now that Maradonna may have been chemically enhanced during some of his later performances!! Certainly when he was dithering on about the "hand of God" when he cheated and scored on England with a handball.
As for the next World Cup, the USA will go further than people think and were unlucky to go out against Germany last time out. Engalnd will have a good chance too.!!

#65309 05/03/05 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get that lame A@@ Bazza~!!!! What a fool. Tell you what I would take Pele and Best(didn't he drink a lot) ove Maradonna and Ronaldo any day of the week. Maradonna/Ronaldo are/were ALWAYS hurt!!!

#65310 05/03/05 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey don't get mad... don't get offended either. I'm "mexican" so I know Americans should have a lot of respetct... but hey hello this is futbol.

Lets talk about some futbol.

Do any drug you want to and go to play pro basketball, you think you gone be that good?

Maradona was a bad guy, everybody knows that, but no doubt he was the best...

Check out some videos and compare Maradona en Pele... Pele had a whole team full of big players, tostao, rivelino, garrincha... Maradona was the only big start in Argentina when they won the World Cup in 1986.

Maradona's goal in a World Cup game... he took at least 8 people, the greates goal ever!

Giggs? Who is that? Who is ManU anyways? Who is Wales anyways?

You cannot compare Arsenal with a World Cup level soccer match... never... who is Arsenal anyways?

Here is a thing... compare Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, you can watch some videos, then compare Pele (who never went to play to Europe) and Maradona; who conquered Italy and Spain with his talent.

Now Chelsea is the one that is making a differences, they have a lot of money and they have a good coach. Other than that Premier League never had any recognition from any hispanic country...

After you watch a game where; Boca Jr, River Plate, Santos, Sao Paolo, Once Caldas, America, Cruz Azul.... that's when you'll have enough arguments.

European futbol would be nothing without South Americans... nothing. I put it this way.

America needs to show some more love and passion for the game, you need some "street soccer" on ESPN, real soccer players in High School, not kids that play soccer because is "cool."

Thanks and good luck America. Don't get me wrong, America is moving fast. I'm fortunated I'm here to see America go big.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard