Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#65321 05/05/05 05:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stevie G plays for LEEVERPOOH if I am not mistaken.

#65322 05/05/05 05:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blimey Shearer pal,

I make the longest post of me life and thats all you got to say!

Yes he does play for liverplop, but i will be signing him for the summer, so there you have an exclusive!

#65323 05/05/05 06:18 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
What about GKs Jose. Do you not believe in them?

#65324 05/05/05 06:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No you were pretty much spot on......I really don't see how you are going to pull that one off...Adriano maybe but not Stevie G.....What about your right back problem? Who do you buy? Why didn't glen johnson play?

#65325 05/05/05 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what Mourinho... you do have a strong argument, you know a lot and you respect people. You already have my respect.

I saw a video with the best goals of George Best. He was just as good as Hugo Sanchez. I mean he was good.

I still left some more Europeans players out;

(sorry for spelling wrong, I only speak Spanish and some American English)

Jurgen Klisman (Ger)
Andreas Voaller (Ger)
Boddo Igner (Ger)
Kristo Stoickov (Bul)
Lothar Mattaus (Ger)
Rud Gullit (Ho)
Georgi Hagi (Ro)
Fernando Hierro (Sp)
Michael Ladrup (Den)

And so and so... I respect a lot of things you said but when it comes to talk "the best of the best."

You have to know what Madrid, Milan, Boca Jrs, River Plate, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, Juventus, have done for footcall.

"Best of the Best" means World Cup level, means UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, MEANS COPA LIBERTADORES. MEANS CONTITENTAL CUPS.

France have only win a World Cup Once! England only Once! Only in their countries!

The same with Arsenal or Chelsea in CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. I know that Manchester won it once or more than once so did Liverpol, but come on now... you know who the "The Best of the Best" are... if you ever talk to a Spanish, Italian, Brasilian, Argentinian, or Urguayan... they'll laugh at you... any South America, Spanish, Italian, hispanic, or "mexican" would just laugh... I'm honest man!

Just because Irmo does not win the State one year in SC High School, it does not means anything! They are still strong, they are still big, they still have pride! You can't take that away from an Irmo kid!

I've been playing soccer my whole life... a couple of national experience when I was a kid, played for a big club in the little leagues, and played some 6A schools in California... you want to talk to me about soccer? fubol? Football? Ok but come out with some good arguements.

Best of the Best top 5;

1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Argentina
5. Don't know... it may be for Uruguay, or France.

Clubs;

What's my love for Madrid?

29 veces CAMPEÓN de LIGA
17 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de S.M. el Rey
9 veces CAMPEÓN COPA DE EUROPA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la SUPERCOPA de Europa
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la LIGA
2 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la UEFA
7 veces CAMPEÓN SUPERCOPA ESPAÑA

IS THAT ENOUGH? http://www.realmadrid.com/palmares/portada_esp.htm

Players now?

1. Ronaldo (Bra)
2. Zidane (Fra)
3. Ronaldinho (Bra)
4. Roberto Carlos (Bra)
5. Paolo Maldini (Ita)

Coming up?

1. Ronaldinho
2. C. Ronaldo
3. Robinho
4. Riquelme
5. Maybe; Tevez, Rooney, Lampard, Torres, Aimar.

I remember some about Boby Charlton, I remember some about Steve McManaman too.

Best players ever... watch a video of Maradona and Ronaldo... after you do that, you tell me who is the best!

I even thing Ronaldo is better than Pele!

1. Maradona (you have to see videos)
2. Pele (3 world cups, nothing in Europe)
3. Ronaldo (watch videos)

Then we can mention a lot of players after that. I left out George Weah... the best African soccer player ever!

Treseguet was born in Argentina.

Again thanks, I'm learning a lot from some of you guys, I hope you guys learn some from me. Again thanks for those who use intelectual arguemtns and respect others.

#65326 05/05/05 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, i also respect what you are saying.

However you are mentioning alot of things in the past, you praise some clubs for having a past, then dismiss Liverpool and Man Utd for having arguably one of the finest traditions in Europe. Thats double standards.

You also seem to take lightly France's and England's world cup victories because they only won it once, and on home soil! Im sure alot of other countries including Mexico, Spain and Holland would love to have that honor. Dont forget Brasil got completley outclassed by France in 98.

From what i can read into your posts (and correct me if i am wrong) you seem to think South American soccer is far superior to European soccer.

I believe that although the two style of play are totally different to try and say which is best is impossible to do. They both bring totally different and wonderfull aspects to the great game.

I love watching Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay etc.. play. In Europe after a persons home country is out of a major tournament, the majority often root for Brasil because of there amazing flair and awesome soccer.

On a final note. Place your best South and Central American XI both past and present and i will place mine. Purely hypothetical, but i would hope you agree it would be a close call if they were to play in a dream match.

European Present XI

GK- Buffon (ITA and Juventus)

RB- Thuram (FRA and Juventus)
LB- Cole (ENG and Arsenal)
CB- Ferdinand (ENG and Man Utd)
CB- Nesta (ITA and AC Milan)

LW- Nedved (CZE and Juventus)
RW- Ronaldo (POR and Man Utd)
CM- Viera (FRA and Arsenal)
CM- Deco (POR and Barcelona)

SC- Henry (FRA and Arsenal)
SC- Schevchenko (UKR and AC Milan)

SUBS:
GK- Cech (CZE and Chelsea)
CB- Cannavaro (ITA and Juventus)
CM- Lampard (ENG and Chelsea)
RW/LW- Robben (HOL and Chelsea)
SC- Totti (ITA and Roma)

Europe Past XI

GK- Banks (ENG)

RB- Thuram (FRA)
LB- Maldini (ITA)
CB- Moore (ENG)
CB- Baresi (ITA)

RW- Puskas (HUN)
LW- Best (NIR)
CM- Beckenbauer (GER)
CM- Platini (FRA)

SC- Charlton (ENG)
SC- Muller (GER)

SUBS:
GK- Yashin (RUS)
CB/SW/CM- Hoddle (ENG)
CM- Gascoigne (ENG)
RW/LW- Finney (ENG)
SC- Van Basten (HOL)

#65327 05/05/05 10:15 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Wow, what a great thread. I am enlightened and humbled. Very diplomatic Jose.

#65328 05/05/05 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool.

Walter Senga (Ita)

Roberto Carlos (Bra)
Franz Beckenbauer (Ger)
Fraco Baresi (Ita)
Cafu (Bra)

Figo (Por)
Enzo Franchescoli (Ur)
Jorge Gonzales (Es)
Ronaldidho (Br)

Ronaldo (Br)
Maradona (Ar)

4-4-2

Bench: Johan Cruff, Pele, Maldini, Rivaldo, Fenando Hierro, George Weah, Hugo Sanchez, and Platini.

Now;

Buffon

Roberto Carlos
Nesta
Cafu

C. Ronaldo
Ronaldinho
Samuel
Kaka
Zidane

Ronaldo
Nistelroy

Bench: Casillas, Figo, Rooney, Lampart, Rivaldo, Totti, Ferdinand, Maldini, Marquez, Riquelme.

South America just has too much players to pick on... like River, Boca, Once Caldas, Santos, Sao Paolo, they can play so many games and leagues that you can't even recognize their players. They can come out with 3 pro teams if they want to.

Alrigh man, I'm done, I'll come to visit sometimes. Sorry if I offended anybody, I tried not to.

Is all about the MOST BEAUTIFUL SPORT IN THE WORLD.

Later dudes.

#65329 05/06/05 12:52 AM
G
throw in
throw in
G
I think he was trying to compare Jose's greatest from Europe Present and Past VS Fenomeno's greatest from South America Present and Past.

#65330 05/07/05 04:08 AM
corner kick
corner kick
jose right on. European soccer obviously outclasses south american soccer by the simple fact that the best from south america go to europe to play.

fenomeno,

you are a little off with your best list, but oh well, to each his own!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard