Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#65331 05/07/05 04:15 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by aleksandrus11:
jose right on. European soccer obviously outclasses south american soccer by the simple fact that the best from south america go to europe to play.

fenomeno,

you are a little off with your best list, but oh well, to each his own!

..that logic doesn't necessarily pan-out bro. The "best" players from South America may go to Europe to play (because there are clubs/economies that can pay them tens of millions..) but that doesn't mean the overall quality in South America isn't better..

..consider the Bell Shaped Curve if you will..
 -

Europe my have those top-top players..but the average South American professional may be better than the average European.

Bottom line: ..ultimately a very pointless debate but entertaining..

#65332 05/06/05 06:50 PM
corner kick
corner kick
I stand corrected...
I cannot possibly argue with the undeniable bell shaped curve.

Alas, I am defeated

#65333 05/09/05 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bazza, Trezeguet was born in Argentina with French parents, he lived there until he was 17, then his family moved to France.

Another "european" player that makes the difference in Europe is Mauro Camoranezzi, who plays for Juventus, and also plays for the Italian National Team because he just became an Italian citizen, but he played in Argentina for a few years and later he played for Cruz Azul in Mexico, here is where he showed up.

Just for the Record, another Hispanic player in Europe is Nery Castillo from Mexico, who moved to Greece and now plays for Olympiakos and wears #10.

And Bazza, next time you try to argue about world soccer, just make sure you know a lot. And I mean a lot.......

#65334 05/10/05 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is BAZZA? Has anybody seen him in the last 5 days? [Confused] oh, maybe he just got the memo that he doesn't know enough soccer history/soccer "Literature" to be able to argue with Fenomeno, Futbol09, yorkfutbolista, Jose_Maurinho and my self...

*note: bazza if you need a soccer tutor, just gime me a holla!! aight?? [Cool]

#65335 05/10/05 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey lets keep updating.

Deco is from Brazil, he was born and raised there.

Lampart and Robinho are going to Madrid for next season. Lampart said he wants to be a "Galactico." Fiorentino is working on 4 more, those can be;

Nistelroy, Ronaldinho (maybe go to Milan), Adriano, Toti, Cassano, C. Ronaldo, Nesta, Shevshenko, Kaka, Deco, Rooney, Terry, Gerad, Henry (he sucks), Fernando Torres, Aimar...

It looks like this list is going to become bigger;

29 veces CAMPEÓN de LIGA
17 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de S.M. el Rey
9 veces CAMPEÓN COPA DE EUROPA
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la SUPERCOPA de Europa
2 veces CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la UEFA
1 vez CAMPEÓN de la COPA de la LIGA
7 veces CAMPEÓN SUPERCOPA ESPAÑA
3 veces CAMPEÓN de Copa INTERCONTINENTAL
2 veces CAMPEÓN COPA LATINA
2 veces CAMPEÓN PEQUEÑA COPA del MUNDO
18 veces CAMPEÓN REGIONAL
5 trofeos MANCOMUNADOS

http://www.realmadrid.com/palmares/portada_esp.htm

Ole ole ole ole Madridddd Madriddd.

I personally want to see C. Ronaldo playing for Madrid. His talent is just to good for a team like ManU.

#65336 05/10/05 06:08 PM
goal
goal
WOW - you lads are havin' a laff. Did I see someone say that Frank Lampard said he was going to Real Madrid!! ha hahah!!

Whoever this guy is who won't stop saying how great Ronaldo is - GET REAL! He hasn't been the same player since he busted his knee with Inter/blew up at the final of France '98. Yes he was great and had bags of potential but he, like a lot of South American players, went a little bit crazy with his cash etc and forgot about the football.

If you don't mind I would like to offer my opinion on these "great" South American players...

Ronaldo: Overweight, sluggish, one-trick pony, still bags the goals but not when it matters. Not a man for the big occassion.

Ronaldinho: most outstanding player of modern times (on his day) - go ask some of the players/staff at PSG what they thought of him for a more balanced view. Learned EVERYTHING he knows from Jay-Jay Okocha (Nigerian) while at PSG, even his "trademark" elastic trick.

Adriano: As incredibly talented as he is a nutter, see the double fisted punch in the Champions League this season. Thats the thing with these South American players - a real tendency to blow up when you need them.

Roberto Carlos: Made his career on a pure fluke of a free-kick - I'd really like to see his scuff to goal ratio from free kicks - actually, even his scuff/shank/daisy cutter/hook/back row of the third tier to on target ratio would do!! Oh, there is the fact that he has about as much tactical as a traffic cone.

As for the other players who would go to Real Madrid and start...

Cristiano Ronaldo: two years into a FIVE year contract at Manchester United for a start. This boy is an absolute shocker - one trick pony - stepovers followed by no end product time and time again, why? Because he has NO intelligence whatsoever, totally unable to read the game. A handy winger but NOT Real material cos they don't play that system.

Ruud van Nistlerooy: Never scored from outside the 18 yard box. Prolific in the big European games, does the job in the premiership. But er, fermen...whatever... who exactly are you going to drop to play him? Aren't he and your buddy Ronaldo the same kind of player (fox in the box), not forgetting Raul and Michael Owen either.

Totti: Spitting, stamping scumbag. If he's the kind of player you want at your club then have him. In my opinion players like this have no place in the game, at any level.

Robinho: Heard a lot about this boy, but have never seen him play, surely has the same motivational and discipline problems his fellow SA's have. Plus, anyone who can do more than four stepovers in a row and pass even a slightly accurate ball in South America is considered to be a genius. There's more to football than silly flicks and tricks gentlemen.

Ballack: hahahahahahaha, he's German.

The other two don't even merit comment.

Watch out for Ajax captain Rafael van der Vaart heading to Barca or Manchester United during the summer.

#65337 05/10/05 06:41 PM
corner kick
corner kick
AMEN ANDREW!!!!!

except for your comments about van nistlerooy and totti, your post was right on!

Ronaldo does suck!

#65338 05/10/05 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Andrew Foley, Ronaldinho was great since he was at Gremio de Porto Alegre, and developed all this magic in Brazil.....

#65339 05/10/05 08:19 PM
goal
goal
Oh, so Ronaldinho just made that up then in an interview for well respected European Football magazine Four Four Two?

He also said... wait for this Fermen-thing... that Ronaldo first saw the stepover and shoot trick that is now Ronaldo's trademark at the 1996 Olympics being done by...wait for it... Jay Jay Okocha!! Have some of that!! Surely some of you guys can give Jay-Jay the credit and respect that both of the samba boys give him.

#65340 05/10/05 08:28 PM
goal
goal
Here's a pic of your model professional Totti, just before being sent home from Euro 2004 in disgrace.

-

And here we have Totti stamping in the Champions League this year, you really have to see this as a video to understand why he was accused of "attempted murder" by the opposing manager. The stamp you see came from all of about 3 or 4 feet in the air with full force. A real role-model for kids this guy.

-

-

Ohh, don't you just love him? As I said before, no place in football whatsoever.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard