Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#65426 05/18/05 04:01 AM
corner kick
corner kick
ummm.....no
I think that I will have to agree with fenomeno more than you hardcore. There is no possible way that Germany will finish so low.

Here are my picks for Germany 2006:

1. Germany(Great country for soccer, and homefield advantage is a pretty hefty advantage it turns out.)
2. Brazil( I think Germany will edge them out in the final 2-1)
3. Holland(They have several great young players and I expect ruud to be back in form by then
4. Italy(You can never rule out the italians)
5. Greece(I'll have to go with the euro 2004 winners to go far)
6. Argentina
7. Portugal( C.Ronaldo will be the main player for them, hes awesome, and still has more developing and learning to do)
8. USA(I still have faith!)

It will be another dissapointing WC for France and England, The just haven't been able to do much lately.

#65427 05/17/05 06:39 PM
goal
goal
Germany 2006 will be between three or four teams. I know that Germany have home-field advantage but their fans are fickle and if the team is not playing well they will turn against them.

Unfortunately I think it will be between England and Brazil. England will have to produce the goods on the international stage sooner or later and I think that their '06 squad will have the perfect mix of experience and youth. Question remains over their manager though.
Main Players will be: Ashley Cole, Sol Cambell, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Shawn Wright-Philips, Wayne Rooney, Stewart Downing & Joe Cole.

Brazil: The only way Brazil will be undone will be by some counter-attacking, 11 men behind the ball outfit. Brazil's problem, year-in year-out is that they can never answer any defensive questions that they are asked. Their attacking prowess (Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Fabiano - only three or four of the above will start!) is without compare. Maybe the emergence of Lucio and Juan will help them along with the experience of Cafu & Roberto Carlos... but you never know. Kleberson, Gilberto and Edu also have a knack of looking like decent players when playing for their country, but all bar Edu are useless when it comes to club!

If Ireland don't win it I hope that Brazil do!

Lastly I think that the states have a realistic shot at it in '06. Laugh you may, but several key players have now experience at the highest levels of European competition - DeMarcus Beasley (PSV), Brian McBride (Everton), Landon Donovan (Leverkusen), Tim Howard & Johnathon Spector (Manchester Utd), Claudio Reyna (Manchester City) and the suprise packages in the shape of either Freddy Adu (too early) or Taylor Twellman. I'm going to put E/W money on them, they are at 100-1 at the moment here.

Oh and of course Ireland have a great shout at it too after we put France (held them at Le Stade) out in out qualifying group (us europeans have to qualify against ACTUAL countries not Honduras or Guatemala!!)... our key players will be Damien Duff (Chelsea), John O'Shea (Man Utd), Andy Reid (Spurs), Robbie Keane (Spurs), Clinton Morrisson (Birmingham City), Shay Given (Newcastle Utd) and Roy Keane (Man Utd). Possible suprises Aidan McGeady (Celtic), Stephen Elliot (Sunderland), Liam Miller (Manchester United).

Whatever happens and whoever wins it'll be a great tournament!

#65428 05/17/05 06:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eire and USA. Your havin' a giraffe mate!

Brazil
England
Argentina

The winner will come from one of these three.

#65429 05/18/05 08:10 AM
goal
goal
We'll see, wait for the English press to turn on the players/manager - thats always good for a laugh.

I said States were a good E/W shout, Ireland will put in a good performance.

#65430 05/18/05 07:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardcoresoccer and Aleksandrus, while going trough your list, I foung some very good and interesting opinions, but you guys think as fans and not as Soccer reviewers/experts(which I know you guys are not due to your lack of exposure to a Soccer Culture), maybe I am not an expert, but I think I am somewhat close to it...here are my opinions on your picks:

Hardcoresoccer,

-Brazil- no coments
-Hollnad- get real, they might be in the top 10.
-Portugal- very good team with young players, but these players are still to young, I doubt they will have a chance this year(top 10), but will be strong for 2010. *(hardcore here you show that you are not exposed to soccer 24/7, Figo retired from the National Team last year.)
-England- not capable, good players but needs a leader.(Rooney will shine w/out the team)
-France- is done till 2010, when some new African kids move to Paris or Lyon. Need a Goal Scorer(Henry can't score with the N. Team)
-Czech Rep.- great surprize in Eurocup, but not enough players to accomplish it.(top 10)
-Germany- Top 5, but doupt the Championship(Podolsky, I can't tell you enough about him, bc he is starting his careere, but comeback May 2006 and we'll talk)
-Italy- not having their best era right now, great defense, but lacks the talent...or at least a #10.
--------------------------------------------------

Aleksandrus,

-Germany- doubt it, homefield adv. and could be interesting to watch.
-Brazil- No Comments [Cool]
-Holland- not a World Power anymore.
-Italy- lost the touch with Roberto Baggio's retirement.
-Greece- just like S. Kore in 02, once in a lifetime.
-Argentina- can't say anything now, lot of new young players but supper skilled. [Confused]
-Portugal- lost the touch with out Figo, hope the Ronaldo's and Deco's will step up.
-USA- DID SOMEONE REALLY PUT THIS [Eek!] , they MIGHT do good, but not THAT GOOD. *(this shows that Aleksandrus shares his point of views from a fanatic/"patriotic" stand.)

My advise to you guys, is that you stop worrying about "who won the Race in NASCAR on Sunday" or "did Tyron have that many rebounds"..."who's breast poped out during the Super Bowl"..."did Wayne shot any Wild Virginia Turkeys" [Mad]

Don't watch that Fox Soccer Channel that much(they only talk about MLS..(who cares)..and EPL which develops an English point of view on soccer on you guys..(develop your own, that is why US doesn't have a style of play)...Watch some more GOL TV, ESPN espaņol, or FOX SPORTS espaņol or some other Frech channel or RAI TV from Italy, and learn about the MOST BEAUTIFUL GAME IN THE WORLD. [Wink]

Sorry if I insulted anyone with my opinions!!! [Roll Eyes]

#65431 05/18/05 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel free to Reply!!
please do,

#65432 05/18/05 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Foley-lets see some vids of Ronaldo...

#65433 05/19/05 03:17 AM
L
throw in
throw in
L
FootballerTR, it seems like you are biased towards Brazil. What are your top 8?

Holland WILL make it at least to the quarterfinals of the WC '06. I don't think England will win, but they will certainly also make it to the quarterfinals(Becks needs to take PK lessons).

#65434 05/19/05 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not biased, I just give them credit for being such a great team, and I think that every body should give them some recognition for what this generation has accomplished. This generation that includes Ronaldo, Denilson, Cafu, R Carlos, Dida, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Junior Baiao, L Amor, Vampeta, Rivaldo, Edmundo, Junhio Paulista; this guys went trough two World Cups together, winning one and loosing one. The exact same group will be the base of the Cariocas for the next WC with the additions of Kaka, Robinho, Diego, Luizao, and Adriano. This last group, will be teh nucleus of Brazil in about 5 to 10 years.

I can't really say anything about the Top 8, because we don't know who will be in Germany yet. But I will definetly will give you my Top 3:
-Brazil
-Germany
-(Argentina, France??, Holland??, Czek Rep??, who will step up from these teams?)
*note- this might not be the order in which they could come.

#65435 05/20/05 12:41 AM
L
throw in
throw in
L
quote:
Originally posted by FootballerTR:

-Portugal- very good team with young players, but these players are still to young, I doubt they will have a chance this year(top 10), but will be strong for 2010. *(hardcore here you show that you are not exposed to soccer 24/7, Figo retired from the National Team last year.)

By the way FootballerTR, Figo IS on the Portugeuse national team. Maybe this shows your lack of exposure to soccer 24/7.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard