Print Thread
#6571 04/28/02 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List some players, not on your team, that you have seen play this year that are AA all-state type players and what position they played.

1. Edisto: Forward Kurtis Evans, the best player we face year in year out. He made all state as a freshman and always finishes in the top 5 in AA in scoring. If he doesn't make it, its all politics.

2. Chapin: Defender Stelfox, Defender Jackson, and Forward Aull

3. Emerald: Defender Taylor and any of the mid-felders but no forwards

4. Mid-Carolina: Forward Tommy Burke, not going to make the team, but deserves mentioning.

By the way, I have seen no top notch keepers on our schedule.

#6572 04/28/02 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I havent seen too many of our games(Pendleton) but i did see the games we had in Charleston and a few players did stand out to me.

Pendleton: Tyler(Mid-fielder)

Academic Magnet: their keeper and their sweeper(i think his name is Ferguson)

Waccamaw: their 2 central mid-fielders(not sure what their names are)

BE: the infamous Smith and Kandl are definately going to be 2 that make it

About Keepers: like i said before, the AM keeper stood out to me and even though we didnt do much against Waccamaw their keeper looked solid but AM's keeper is a better bet

(anyone who knows these AM and Waccamaw guy's names, please post them)

#6573 04/29/02 02:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two midfielders from Waccamaw are #8 Trey Janes, playing for Centre College in KY next fall, and #9 Joel Sapp, playing for Limestone College in Gaffney next fall. These two boys have been four year starters and two year captains. They are complete players, equally good at offense and defense. Waccamaw fans appreciate the compliment.

By the way, #4 at Pendleton is one of the best strikers we have seen this year.

#6574 04/29/02 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their's No doubt in my mind that Aaron Taylor is the best 2A player in the state.

#6575 04/29/02 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Academic Magnet team does have a lot of talent spread all over the team. The sweeper's name is Eugene Garnovski (12th). The other guy that the post above was talking about is the forward. His name is Larry Ferguson(11th). The keeper is Chris Creger(10th).

#6576 04/30/02 03:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dgraham thanks for the compliment.I just wanted to tell you that i usually play center attacking mid (i just played some forward for the game against you guys). But still, thanks for the compliment. The two midfielders you metioned are extremely talented. Good luck to them next year in college.

#6577 05/01/02 11:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont see how Kurtis Evans deserves to make all state, but thats just me- we played against him two games this year and he didnt do anything. For Magnet, Cole Atkins is all state material.

Link Copied to Clipboard