Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Is anyone else concerned that Bruce Arena has decided to go with Eddie Pope as the center back in a 3-4-3 alignment?

He was victimized time and again last week versus England. Let's hope today will be better.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
6' into the match ... Great ball left back for Landon Donovan, who hammers it into the back of the net for a 1-0 U.S. lead vs. Costa Rica in Salt Lake City, UT ... GO USA!!!

Brace
Brace
Perhaps he anticipated Costa Rica coming out in a defensive formation looking to produce a stale-mate and draw on the road.

Costa Rica are in a 5-4-1. This is a good game to maybe try and build Pope's confidence back.

Brace
Brace
Good to see DaMarcus Beasley back after that horrific injury.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The US has looked a million times better during this game, tnat against England.

I'm glad to see the US playing many guys up and getting a lot of chances! Beasley(from a great beautiful through ball), Bocanegra, and Josh Wolff have also had extremely good chances to score.

Look forward to a good second half!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Great follow goal by Landon Donovan from crosser Josh Wolff to Brian McBride (flick header) ... USA 2-0 Costa Rica (60').

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kasey Keller has definately earned my respect as the starter for the American side. The last few matches he has played remarkably well, covering for some of the mistakes that have been made by our "inexperienced" back line(i.e. Ralston, Bocanegra, Gibbs). Anyone else heard the rumors of Keller leaving Germany for the MLS at some point?

Brace
Brace
There was strong sentiment Keller would be in MLS this year before he signed with Borusia Mon... however you say it.

I have two question...
First, has Zavagnin touched the ball this game? oops, he just did 83'. . .

Second, Ralston has really played himself out of any more playing time.

Wolff was dangerous and showed well. Bocanegra was dangerous in the air and played solid in the back. I've never been impressed with Cherundolo. McBride was dangerous at times and held the ball well. I think I would have made the Dempsey for Beasley a little sooner.

Brace
Brace
great finish from McBride!!!

corner kick
corner kick
Glad to see USA getting three goals...seems like we haven't totally dominated a team in a while..i wouldn't really consider that domination, but i guess the score indicates it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard