Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
World Cup
World Cup
If any of you get a chance to watch Boca play the centerback, you'll never ask for him to be an outside back again. It truly is his calling.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
U.S. vs. Panama
June 8, 2005

PANAMA CITY, Panama - Earning victories on the road in World Cup qualifying is no easy task, as the USA's long history will attest. However, the U.S. Men's National Team has won two of their last road World Cup qualifiers and will be looking for three more points tonight against Panama, a team which is undefeated in six home qualifying matches on the road to Germany 2006 (a 2-0-4 record). The teams’ last meeting in Panama City was a water-logged affair, and all weather forecasts suggest similar conditions for this contest.

<b>Kickoff is slated for 8:30 p.m. CT in Panama. Fans can follow the action live on ussoccer.com's MatchTracker, presented by Philips Electronics. Fans can also catch the game on taped delay at 11:30 p.m. ET on Telemundo and 1 a.m. ET on ESPN2. </b>

The U.S. is coming off a strong, 3-0 home win over Costa Rica on Saturday in Salt Lake City, a victory sparked by standout performances from midfielder Landon Donovan and goalkeeper Kasey Keller.

US Soccer

Brace
Brace
That sucks that it won't be on live TV. Will any Charleston area sports bars carry this on satellite?

Brace
Brace
I checked Gol TV and Fox Soccer Channel and neither one has the game live.

Gol TV has Venezuela and Uruguay at 9pm. Fox Soccer Channel has Holland and Finland at 8pm. Galavision and Univision do not have the game live either. I would tell you what they have, but even the tv listings are in spanish.

Our friends at ESPN have the softball World Series and then Baseball Tonight. On ESPN2 is the Red Sox/Cardinals and then Twins/Diamonbacks.

I understand that ESPN has a tv contract with MLB but the Twins/Diamondbacks?!? If you're going to tape delay a soccer game for the 50th of about 10,000 baseball games each team play each year, then at lease give us a series worth watching.

Brace
Brace
I guess it could be worse--- we could have gotten the shaft for the 15th rerun of last year's World Series of Poker.

Brace
Brace
Voice, do you know of any sports bars that carry soccer regularly down here?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
55' mark -- USA 3-0 PAN

#1 Goal - Carlos Bocanegra (6') from Landon Donovan
#2 Goal - Donovan (20') from Steven Ralston
#3 Goal - Brian McBride (40')

Brace
Brace
Hammer Time....

There are a couple...
1. Madra Rua... North Charleston... Madra is just off of Park Circle. This is probably the #1 place next to my place.

2. There is another sports bar in North Charleston... the one next to the Colesium. . .

3. Bull and Finch... West Ashley... the Bull and finch is located in the Citadel Mall at the end of I-526

4. George's Sports Bar and Grill... West Ashley... If you go to the end of I-526 and turn left, George's is 1-2 miles on the left... I believe that is St. Andrews Blvd. George's is just past Wappoo Road in a small strip shopping center set back from the road a bit. When i say "small", I mean small! It's George's and like 4 other shops and there is no sign right next to the road.

5. Mexican restaurants... If you are interested in a Spanish broadcast, I have been in many a Mexican Reataurant (La Hacienda, etc) and they routinely have a soccer broadcast on. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a spanish broadcast of Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid at Los Reyes here in North Charleston.

6. My Place... If you live here in Charleston or are in the area and want to see a game, e-mail me or send a private message. I have all the Direct TV channels that soccer will be shown on-- ESPN, ESPN2, Gol TV, Fox Soccer Channel, Setanta Sports, Galavision, Univision... i'm still searching for Telemundo but it's gotta be there... Plus i have two game rooms at my condo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Shearer,
Mathis does not deserve playing time, he sucks and he is so overated. he is the most overated player on the U.S. National team.
R1C,
FU is very proud of what Dempsey is doing, to bad Ricardo Clark coulnt have done the same when he came out of FU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, it's great to see the US put out another great showing. Hope they can continue that!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard