Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just in case somebody cares.

Argentina defeated Brazil last night. Cresco scored 2 goals and Riquelme one. For Brazil was a "bomb" from Roberto Carlos.

Ronaldo is out, Brazil is different without "El Fenomeno." Ronaldo has some private problems so he decided not to play againts Argentina. Ronaldinho was well marked by the young Argetinan Mascherano. Ayala took care of Adriano, Heinze of Robinho, and Sorin of Kaka.

Brazil without Ronaldo is not the same. Argentina may be strong enough to make some damage in the coming WC, but their year is definatelly 2010. I still think that Brazil is going to be really strong by then. You can't never count Italy and Germany out, they always have some of the best strategies and dangerous attacking players in the world.

Also USA defeated Panama, is interesting to see how the US is going above CONCACAF level everyday. Mexico is almost ready to compete with South American's "superpowers," well in clubs, Mexicans participate every year in Copa Libertadores (similar to Champions League) and they are doing better and better every year. I believe Conmmebol is waiting for MLS teams to be at South American level to send the invitation, this is the most competitive tournament of the continent, I think Costa Rica is about to be added. Only the best club in America have a spot on Copa Libertadores and the winner get to play the UEFA Champions League.

It will be nice to watch MLS teams in Copa Libertadores. Remember that teams like Boca Juniors and Sao Paolo are just as big as Madrid or ManU. They play a different style of soccer but the level is just as competitive as Europeans. Since I like "fantasy" soccer better. I enjoy more watching Copa Libertadores than UEFA Champions, if is not Madrid or teams without Southamericans players, soccer is kind of boring, well that's what I think.

Peace out.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Fenomeno, I do have a question for you. Why do you insinuate that a lot of people are going to be racist against what you are saying, but then go off on a tangent and say something like “if is not Madrid or teams without Southamericans players, soccer is kind of boring”. That’s a pretty racist statement if I have ever read one. There are plenty of countries that have excellent talent coming from them. You do not have to be from South America to be an excellent player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to the club Soccerboy

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Excuse me, but didn't Fenomeno say he was going to stop posting????
PLEASE STICK TO WHAT YOU SAY!!!!

S
Goal
Goal
S
Beating Argentina in Buenos Aires is tough for anyone, even Brazil. But I think Brazil can thank their coach for this hammering. Last Sunday, Parreira used a 4 striker formation as Brazil defeated Paraguay 4-1 at home. He stayed with that formation and to think that playing Argentina in their house with only 3 midfielders and 3 backs was a good idea, well, he was delusional and got what he deserved. Brazil supposedly controlled the 2nd half but I'd say that was only because Argentina had the game in the bag and didn't want to allow another "Liverpool miracle" comeback.

As for MLS teams playing in intercontinental cups, the MLS champions and runners-up are committed to play in the CONCACAF Champions Cup. I don't know if any have ever been invited to play in CONMEBOL tournaments but I think travel schedule and cost would be a major consideration. These tournaments usually fall in the middle of the MLS season, so imagine playing a league match somewhere in the US on Saturday, then traveling to South America for a midweek Wednesday game and then return to the US for another Saturday league match. In April, DC United played Mexican champion Pumas UNAM in the semifinals of the CONCACAF Champions Cup. The drew them 1-1 at home then later, traveled to Mexico for a mid week game and got waxed 5-0. That's tough.

Just a bit of history.

In 1998, DC United won the mythic “continental double”. They started by winning the CONCACAF Champions Cup by defeating Mexican champion CD Toluca. By winning the CONCACAF Champions Cup, DCU earned the right to play the South American champion, Brazilian side CR Vasco de Gama, in the Intercontinental Cup. They won that 2 legged series to become the “Champion of the Americas.” (although the "home" leg for Vasco de Gama was played in Lockhart Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale).

As for the winner of the Copa Libertadores playing in the UEFA Champions League, I think you need to recheck your sources. That competition is only open to European teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure a lot of Americans are familiar with this.

"You are good at something, you have more enemies than friends, a lot of people hates you. You know a lot, everybody wants to hang out with you but they don't really like you." Happens to me all the time, that's why I respect Americans, they're good at everything but soccer.

I made a fool out of myself talking about American culture and history... cool I don't talk about that anymore. "I don't like Europeans" I respect them but I don't have to like them. I'll be nice to them only if they're nice to me.

Well the best soccer is in South America, I didn't make this up, its a fact. "Soccer without Southamericans is boring" and it is, there is a point in that. You have to start paying more attention to where the best soccer in the world is. Going good in the air, playing physical soccer, long balls, good balls in the air, kicking hard is all Europeans do. Is not fun to watch. Fun to watch is Riquelme, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Roberto Carlos, Denilson, Robinho, the only euroeans fun to watch are Zidane, C. Ronaldo, Figo, and Del Piero... Soccer is a sport of skill, of course you need good physical conditions but at the end, you know who wins? ... skill and you can prove me wrong if you can. Brazil and Argetina is all about skill.

The winner of Copa Libertadores plays the winner of UEFA Champions, thats called the Intercontinental Cup sponsored by Toyota. Mexicans club never knew at what level they were until they started playing Copa Libertadores. We believe that if you don't have Argentinans and Brazilian's respect nobody knows you in futbol! That's what we believe.

I said "I was not going to post anymore" well I have decide to stay for little while, if somebody have to ask me to leave, I think that is Coach Heise's decision, if you're a "nobody" I can't just do what you want... If you want to know what "soccer" is all about, you may want to keep reading my post.

Saprisa from Costa Rica was invited to Copa Suramericana, that's the pre-tournament for Copa Libertadores, now Saprisa would know at what level they are, they'll know if they are ready to play againts the best soccer players in the world.

MLS have to start thinking about moving on, they can't just be in here playing slow soccer, and listening to everything Europeans say. Premier League is boring to me, its an opinion, there is noting racist in that. Racist would be post like "banning spanish" or stuff like that.

In this website I found "english teachers, I found mad Europeans, mad black dudes, and a few Americans wanting to learn what soccer is all about." Well, anybody knows anything about Futbol, anybody knows anything about Copa Libertadores where the best soccer in the world is played. How you going to get the respect if you don't know anything? How are you going to learn to play the best soccer if you have never seen Maradona, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Franchescoli, Jorge Gonzales? How?

If Coach Heise wants me to go, I'll go. If you want me to go, I'll go, but first you have to anwser me something...

WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SOCCER?

Don't know what futbol is all about, can't hang out with the best!

Thanks.

S
Goal
Goal
S
quote:
Originally posted by Fenomeno:

The winner of Copa Libertadores plays the winner of UEFA Champions, thats called the Intercontinental Cup sponsored by Toyota.

You're right, I misunderstood your post, I thought you were saying the Copa Libertadores champion played IN the Champions League.

I would agree that South American teams play more open and that tends to be more exciting for fans. Unfortunately for me, I don't receive any South American soccer on the TV channels I get. I did watch the 2nd leg of the Mexican championship a couple of weeks ago where America beat Guadalajara 6-3. That was entertaining. When's the last time a final had 9 goals scored?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah America defeated Tecos from Guadalajara. That was a dean good game. To be honest with you I don't remember when whas the last time a championship game had 9 goals, I though that is kind of interesting.

A Spaniard Scholar scientifically proved that is imposible from a Ref to know be exactly right with the outside rule. But they can be very accurate most of the time. FIFA may get rid of outside that way soccer can have more goals.

I have goltv at my house, soccer 24 hours a day, Frachescoli the "Prince" of soccer from Uruguay is the owner of the channel and they have the rights for Italian and Spanish Leagues. Foxsport en Español has the rights of Copa Libertadores and MLS, I'm a big fun of LA Galaxy, and Univision the rights of the Mexican League. Sorry you don't have goltv, it is very important for people who wants to know what the deal is to have Goltv, that way you don't have to be stock to the Premier League that sometimes is fun but most of the time boring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fenomeno, does your husband know what you're doing with your free time? In between the family futbol games, that is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are you?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard