Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
corner kick
corner kick
Fenomeno, check your private message. And i actually agree with you,MLS is boring, a lot times i think I could be playing better than some of those guys...anyway glad to see your english is getting better in your posts. Oh and teach me somethign fenom...what do you mean by "fantasy" soccer...i dont really understand that phrase.

J
world cup
world cup
J
As someone that has seen you play cap'n.. I'd like to take this oppurtunity.. to laugh hysterically! ..i kid.. I will agree though..now that I have FSC..I don't really miss MLS all that much.. TAKE SOME SHOTS!

corner kick
corner kick
exactly my point jack, at least i can pass and trap the ball unlike some of the people in the MLS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fenomeno-

First of all, I just want to give you my background so that I at least qualify to make a point on here, as because America has not won any World Cups, Americans can't argue with you.

I am English, born and raised, and therefore hopefully I am qualified as England did win a World Cup in '66.

For you to describe England's celebration of their victory over Argentina in the 2002 World Cup as you did was completely inaccurate. England celebrated the victory the way they did because of previous encounters with Argentina. In 1986, the great Maradona and his famous "Hand of God" incident ousted England from the World Cup. In 1998, Beckham's stupidity against Argentina was a catalyst to their downfall as well. It was because of these past meetings that England and the people of England were so excited after they finally beat Argentina, not simply because Argentina are a "South American" team.

The reason that Americans go to England rather than Italy or Spain also extends far past the fact that they would not be accepted because they are not good enough. For one, England is a much easier transition because there is no language barrier that the players have to overcome. Secondly, Americans play very similarly to English players. They are by nature big and strong, and certainly not as technically sound as Latino players. They also don't have as much "acting" prowess as the Latino players, so they are not used to the fact that people in Italy and Spain spend 50% of their time on the ground rolling around faking that they have been mortally wounded. Americans tend to survive much better in England because this is a similar style of play and a similar pace at which they play.

Europeans don't pick on South Americans, rather, they fully respect South Americans as they are obviously brilliant players and have proven this through their accomplishments on the World Stage. For you to say that South Americans simply laugh at European soccer is a huge mistake though. Obviously the South Americans respect Europeans as well.

One final thing, I find it funny that you refer to South America as if it was where you are from. You are from El Salvador, thats in Central America last time I checked. Might want to get out a map.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks god you guyst got the point now... finally.

Fantasy soccer?

Bikes, rainbows, daving headers, hills passes, and all sort of things that I don't even know how to name it in English... remember, us latinos have been practicing the game for centuries, everyday after school you get with your buddies and you play soccer anywhere, streets, basketball courts, the beach, and even inside your house... thats how you develop "fantasy" soccer!

I don't want to make anything big out of myself, just trying to make a point.

Anytime Jorge and I finish a game (either 11v11, 6v6, indoor, beach soccer) people usually come to us, not matter what the score is, not matter if we win, they always said...

"I enjoyed watching you guys playing, how do you do that, are you playing anywhere in college"

Next thing we know more people is coming to the games. Our team mates start doing the same tricks we do, the games are fun to watch! We are not Europeans, we are Americans, our style is different, our thing is to be better than Europeans in everything we can, that's why our ancestors came to America, to live better, and to prove that Europeans ideas are not the best, European things are old fashion!

American's style is to take everything to a whole new level!

I said "we played the best soccer in the world,WE I'm from El Salvador"

There is a point in that, even though we had one of the greates "footballers" of all times, just as good as Maradona was(Jorge Gonzalez) to say "we," has point.

It took me 3 hours to take a TACA plane from San Salvador to Los Angeles, I quit soccer and started learning English, wanted to try different things, Surfing was the best for me!

I moved over here for other reasons... guess what? "Everybody who speaks Spanish is Mexican, o is latino." Everybody who speak Spanish have to be a "dish washer," everybody who does not speak English is "stupid, is an idiot." NO MY FRIEND, THAT'S NOT HOW IT GOES, YOU CALL MY FATHER AN IDIOT (HE IS A LAWYER) YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE A GOOD EXPLANATION IN COURT TO A JURY!

YOU SPIT ME ON THE FACE, AND YOU CALL ME F@## MEXICAN, IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH NOT TO GET PUNCH IN THE FACE, I'LL MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE IN A "CIVILIZED" WAY!

So if everybody who speak Spanish have to be into a minority group as a Latino or Mexican, well you also have to know that "Latinos and Mexicans" play the best soccer in the world! We have talent and pride too!

I always respect people who respect me!

"Fantasy soccer is what America needs, you have to start paying more attention to where the best soccer in the world is played... South and Central America."

Looking at the web for Jorge "The Magic" Gonzalez I found an article that compared him with "Best, Garrincha and Maradona." Others though he was a "genius" of soccer.

Let see how good your spanish is.

El diccionario define la genialidad como el grado más alto al que pueden llegar las capacidades intelectuales. Habilidosos o muy inteligentes habrá muchos, pero el número de genios en filosofía, ciencias, artes y deportes es realmente exiguo en la historia de la humanidad: Aristóteles, Dante Alighieri, Leonardo da Vinci, Cervantes y Shakespeare, Newton, Descartes, Mozart, Einstein, Picasso y Maradona son algunos de esos seres excepcionales... ¿Tenemos los salvadoreños el privilegio de sumar el nombre de un compatriota a esa lista exclusiva?

http://www.laprensagrafica.com/especiales/2003/magicogonzalez/parte2/magico08.asp

El Salvador saw one of the best techniques in the world, I saw it when I was a kid after he came back from Spain!

I think I'm done now, if you guys don't have any more questions...

Thanks again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you american or what?
you keep saying we, as in el salvador, and also as in U.S.A.

It is your opinion that Central and South America play the best soccer. So they(South American National Team Members), not you, have won more world cups. They won using a different style. It all depends on what you base your opinion on!

For the record, this was not meant to be racist or angry toward you Fenomeno.

goal
goal
I don't think being skillful at a sport makes Maradona intelligent and to include him in the same sentence as those others is just plain stupid! Get a life Femomeno

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm American?

I'm not a North American...

Hell yeah I'm American. Central American. Mixed; Spanish, Italian and Native Indian.

I don't have to use a dictionary to tell you what does American means.

BORN IN THE NEW WORLD! AMERICANS SPEAK EITHER NATIVE, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE, FRENCH AND ENGLISH!

I'm stupid?

Let see how smart you are, here is a quote from a great writer, and is just perfect for people like you.

"Los insultos y la violencia llegan cuando la incapacidad es obvia." Alberto Masferrer.

The most funny thing is that I'm being insulted by the most "civilized" people in the world.

goal
goal
"incapacity"?! incapacity of what moron? Did you read my post? I said the quote was stupid, since you did not write the quote, I did not mean you! But I am beginning to think you actually are. Like everyone has said, try working on your English! As far as civilized, well I don't think any of my ancestors have been hunting barefoot in the jungles eating monkey meat lately, so yes maybe you are being insulted by the most "civilized" people in the world! As far as masferrer, at least quote someone whose literature is read outside of you native country.

Qui habet aures audiendi audiat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh my god, what a joke! I bet this is the first time you've ever met a Latino that you don't insult calling him "burrito," hahaha you'll have to do better than that!

Want to talk about ancestors?

Want to talk how the Roman Impire dominated the whole world? Or maybe the Spanish Naval? How about Cristobal Colon discovering the land that you claim to be yours? You think Cristobal Colon espoke English?

The quoute you called stupid is not mine, its from a Newspaper, click on the link Mr. Smart!

Sorry but I grew up in a WESTERN CIVILIZATION, hunting? NOT WE DON'T HUNT! What are you? A nobel European?

You knew that the percentage of Native indians in El Salvador is about 4 percent? Everybody is mixed! Not we don't descriminate anybody!

You know what we do in the west?

WE PLAY SOCCER, WE SURF, WE SKATE, WE PLAY ROCK'N'ROLL, WE HAVE EXTREME SPORTS, WE DON'T KILL PEOPLE FOR FUN!

Sorry that you haven't seen the world, the world is beautiful you knew that? The new world is everybody's dream! San Salvador, San Jose, Panama, Guatemala, Caracas, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Rio de Janeiro, Tegucigalpa... all of them are nice cities. Down the south you find the most beautiful women in the world, the nicest skin colors, a lot of art, and music... you also find many Americans trying to do "business," or TRYING TO HAVE FUN!

Have you been in Miami at least? or Los Angeles?

Hey Mr. Smart, I guess is time for you to go out there and watch for yourself, but don't go to Tijuana or Cancun, go where the big dogs are!

I'll love to see you trying to bring down my dad... Mr. Rivas is a Proffesor in the University of El Salvador (UES). I'll love to see that! I'll pay to see you calling him an "idiot."

In a year I'll be back in Los Angeles and you'll be stuck in here watching Irmo, Wando and Dutch Fork dominating the soccer fields... you think I'll remember the stupid and racist crap you come out with?

Really man, go down south if you want to know what the world is all about, or if you want to know what futbol is all about.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard