Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha yep, Feno again.

Good quote,

"Live soccer, eat soccer, DREAM SOCCER."

Here is my prediction.

I think is unrealistic to think soccer is going to bring down FootballAmericano, just because "Football" represents what America is all about. I personally don't think soccer would have any problem with Basketball, since Beisball and Hockey can't never compete with soccer.

America is all about kicking butts. "Football" is the sport of the strong "American" men, which is cool, I even find Footbal kind of interesting, not gone say is better than soccer, but is definatelly the best way to represent the United States of America.

Well if football is the sport of the "strong" Americano man, then soccer (I'll rather call it futbol) is the sport of the "SMART" Americano men. Yep, got to have some intelligence to play futbol. Smart enough to play strong, skillful and technical, smart snough to compete with a pretty boy from the west, with a strong man from the east, witn an arrogant Argentinian, with an skillful southamerican, with an stylish brazilian, with an "athletic" European, with a tricky Centralamericano, with those fast Africans and Chinese dudes, with a bad-as streeballer, and with the average men. Yep I have played with all those kinds of "footballers."

Here are some facts that would back up my theory.

Soccer - Football- Futbol - as it is known in Europe and other countries OTHER THAN NORTH AMERICA, is played on every continent.

FIFA (The Federation of World Football) counts 204 member countries.

Soccer is a bigger, A BIGGER SPORT THAN BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, AND FOOTBALL (NORTH AMERICAN) COMBINED.

Organized soccer was born in Britain. England and Scotland being co-founders of the beautiful game. BUT LATINOS TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL.

The World's First Football Club - Sheffield Football Club - was founded in 1857 by Colonel Nathaniel Cresswick and Major William Priest, two British Army officers.

The most prestigious football club is Real Madrid from Madrid, Spain.

According to one of the of the most important British magazines the match River-Boca is one of the most exciting events in the planet, one of the events you should experience before you die!

According to Barcelona's President Johan Laporta, they have enough fans to pack 3 stadiums for the Madrid-Barca battle!

The World Cup is the biggest soccer tournament in the world. It is held every four years in a different country. Billions of people watch the televised games as the national teams from countries around the globe battle it out for soccer supremacy.

The 2002 World Cup was held in two places—Seoul, South Korea and Tokyo, Japan. Brazil won the 2002 World Cup and also has won the most World Cups (five) since the tournament began in 1930.

Gerd Müller, who played for West Germany in the 1970 and 1974 World Cups, holds the career record for most World Cup goals with 14.

The United States' Major League Soccer made its debut in 1996, shortly after the wildly successful 1994 World Cup was hosted by the United States.

Brazilian striker Ronaldo was named the Most Valuable Player of the 1998 World Cup, even though his team lost in the championship game to France. THe has also been named World Player of the Year three times.

In 2002, Germany's Oliver Kahn became the first goalkeeper to win the Most Valuable Player of the World Cup.

The 2002 World Cup of soccer was the planet's largest sporting event. More than one billion people followed the month-long soccer tournament between the world's top 32 soccer powers. It's the first one played in Asia and the first one hosted by two countries - Korea and Japan.

Maradona's goal againts England is considered the greatest goal of the history of soccer world cups.

Crowd Pleasers

The largest crowd to watch a World Cup soccer game live are the 199,850 people who crammed into a stadium in Brazil for a game between Brazil and Uruguay during the 1950 World Cup.

Largest Soccer Tournament
No less than 5,098 teams competed in 1999 for the second Bangkok League Seven-a-Side Competition. Over 35,000 players involved!

Soccer is the fastest growing and most popular sport in the world.

"Football the sport of the strong American man, soccer the sport of the smart Americano men."

Alrite dudes, peace out.

Goal
Goal
I'm not reading that, sorry

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
how do those facts back up your theory?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha better questions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i mean, any better thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"BUT LATINOS TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL."- Yes Mexico City is quite a ways above sea level and therefore London.

"Maradona's goal againts England is considered the greatest goal of the history of soccer world cups."- Which one, the one where the drug fuelled cheat punched it into the net with his hand, knowing what he did, then ran off celebrating like nothing ever happened? Or the other one?

"According to of the of the most important British magazines the match River-Boca is one of the most exciting events in the planet, one of the things you should do before you die!"-So is going out with Jessica Simpson, your point is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Jose, I guess your English is so perfect and profesional that you shouldn't call yourself an American! You should call yourself something else! Oh sorry I guess I'm too racist for you...

AMERICANS DON'T CARE ABOUT TALKING OR WRITING PERFECT ENGLISH OR SPANISH, YOU KNEW THAT? WE (I PERSONALLY HATE PEOPLE TRYING TO SPEAK A PERFECT SPANISH) ARE MORE WORRY ABOUT WINNING...

Any more comments? I want something more like intelectual...

I think it was Soccer Watcher the one that came up with a good post somewhere in the past. Well I have read some good ones, but people like,

Shearer
Jose
xhv somethin

And other dudes are not too intelectuals... they are more like... "yeah dude we don't believe, english, liverpool, george best, where did you get that from, madrid ain't nothin, racist, blablabla." Big advice, learn some about soccer!

Ok I won respond anymore unless is someone more sociable, who knows about soccer, and that actually knows how to use his mind, like Coach Heise, or that other dude that analyze the games.

Peace out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fenomeno, if you cant take it. Dont give it. Now jog on you numpty.

corner kick
corner kick
good thoughts fenom...the thing that impressed me were the 200,000 south americans that packed into that stadium..thats some insane numbers...lets think about that guys...If any of you have ever seen tennesee's football stadium..its can hold abou 110,000 at complete maximum capacity...it has also been recorded as one of the loudest stadiums..think how much louder that stadium in brazil would have been...i mean dang

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha Jose, you made me laugh a lot dude, really.

"giving up?" I'm not worry about writing good english man, sorry, i'm more worry about winning on the soccer field...

I just don't see the point of arguin with people like you, really, that's life though, some people was born to create and some others to stay on their way trying to ruin everything.

Good advices,

If you dont like the comments, don't read it, if you want to read stuff that makes sense, read the newspapers: you knew that professional people write on those things?

If you don't like Fenomeno, good for you, I have waaaaaaay too many friends all over the world.

Hahaha you are very funny though. Are you any good in soccer? Just wondering, cause I can move the ball around pretty good.

Alrite, peace out.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard